[Official] Playstation Home

Yeah but I'm guessing a ton of people are trying to log in and then logging everyone else out each time?

:laugh:

Very true, might as well give it a go though if you're desperate!

i think someone else should do it, so i can get home. :shiftyninja: :p

Well it seems home can be downloaded unlimitedly, which means if you can find someone with it, ask nicely, and maybe you can get it and download it and it wont take up one of the 5 Ps3 downlaods.

The problem is finding someone who is willing to let us downlaod it.

Any offers? me love you long time. :D

Just so you guys know it has to be someone who was selected for the beta.

People who it's shared to won't have Home listed under their PSN account downloads.

So even although I know have it, sadly I can't share :(

yeah i figured it had to be an original. that makes it harder to get lol

my kinda confused why they would make it a closed beta, when really its not,cause any one can get it. with just a little asking around.

yeah i figured it had to be an original. that makes it harder to get lol

my kinda confused why they would make it a closed beta, when really its not,cause any one can get it. with just a little asking around.

They're testing server stress levels just now.

Plan will to be ramp up numbers heavily over a short time window, then if everything is okay, open it up.

Last thing they want to do is just open it up and the servers cave.

It's 77mb and pretty boring so I've heard from friends.

I think each area you visit after that is another 35mb+.

Wow, that is tiny! I was expecting it to of been alot bigger then that. Still it's good they kept the size down (although I'm not too worried about size, considering I still have ~170Gb free at the moment :p ) However, even at 77Mb (and ~35Mb+ for each area) it's going to take hours for me to download :/ I can see it now, walk to a new area 6 or 7 hours later after it downloads the file, I can go to that area :rofl: that is the one thing that really annoys me about the PS3, downloading off PSN is so damn slow!

It annoys me greatly when I buy a new game, put it in the PS3 and it says there is an update and several hours later it lets me play the game (even though the updates are relatively small, last one was about ~70Mb and took most of the evening to download...) the odd thing is everything else downloads quite fast, either wired or wireless (360, PC, iPod etc) end of rant :p

Definitely something at your end Xerxes if it genuinely takes hours to download things <100mb on a regular basis. Not everyone gets fast speeds off PSN, but hours for something less than 100mb is ridiculous.

Usual spiel from me, but do you have the required ports open?

Home was a 77mb download for me which took about 10-15 mins.

Each area is a download between around 20mb-35mb. These can be downloaded in the background to allow you to have control of whatever area you're in, until your download completes.

When you load Home though it reserves around 3GB of space for itself.

Definitely something at your end Xerxes if it genuinely takes hours to download things <100mb on a regular basis. Not everyone gets fast speeds off PSN, but hours for something less than 100mb is ridiculous.

Usual spiel from me, but do you have the required ports open?

Home was a 77mb download for me which took about 10-15 mins.

Each area is a download between around 20mb-35mb. These can be downloaded in the background to allow you to have control of whatever area you're in, until your download completes.

When you load Home though it reserves around 3GB of space for itself.

Yeah it is, but I do live in the technophobic/backwards country of Australia :rofl: :laugh:

Seriously though, that is a good point about the ports as it *might* be that. Simple things like that seem to slip my mind...I'll take a look tonight at my router settings see if that is causing it. Thanks for the tip (Y) (sometimes I just need someone to point out the obvious)

Yeah it is, but I do live in the technophobic/backwards country of Australia :rofl: :laugh:

Seriously though, that is a good point about the ports as it *might* be that. Simple things like that seem to slip my mind...I'll take a look tonight at my router settings see if that is causing it. Thanks for the tip (Y) (sometimes I just need someone to point out the obvious)

Most likely will be the ports.

These need to be open for the PS3

* TCP:

o 80

o 443

o 5223

* UDP:

o 3478

o 3479

o 3658 (voice chat)

Easiest thing to do though is setup a static IP on your PS3, and make that IP a DMZ on your router. Basically means any port the PS3 tries to use will become open for it.

Most likely will be the ports.

These need to be open for the PS3

Easiest thing to do though is setup a static IP on your PS3, and make that IP a DMZ on your router. Basically means any port the PS3 tries to use will become open for it.

Awesome, thx (Y) :happy:

That should be easy enough, I recently (well a few months back) upgraded my dodgy D-Link router with a Linksys one so setting that up should be a snap :) (on the D-Link it would of been a nightmare, as it had a habit of "forgetting" it's settings).

Ergh.

That is twice so far I have been given a user and password to download Home, the first time everyone was trying, and then someone changed the Password, and the second time I got a message with one but was an hour late for it, and that time someone had also changed the Password again.

F*****s, lol.

how are you finding these corris?

People on N4g, but its slowed down now, and no one seems to be offering any.

If there weren't so many douches I would have been able to have a go by now, lol.

:woot: i just got an email saying i've been selected to be in the home beta!!!!

Congrats, like 200,000+ EU emails are going out tomorrow supposedly.

The beta stress test is at 7pm tomorrow GMT time if you can make it. They want as many people on as possible.

:woot: i just got an email saying i've been selected to be in the home beta!!!!

Lucky git. :laugh:

If I don't get an email tomorrow for the stress test, let me downland it? :p