[Official] Playstation Home

Huge thanks to abandoned for the account sharing (Y)

Tried it only for a short while and seems like a solid, quality product ... also seems very boring! Guess I have to try it some more.

Yeah we jsut need to them to put back all the stuff they had in the beta, looks like its been removed for one reason or another, I feel its polishing and optimization, then they will reintroduce the new parts etc. And I am soo glad they removed the PSP for the Menu system, its pretty slick now.

Yeah we jsut need to them to put back all the stuff they had in the beta, looks like its been removed for one reason or another, I feel its polishing and optimization, then they will reintroduce the new parts etc. And I am soo glad they removed the PSP for the Menu system, its pretty slick now.

The novelty value of the PSP was awesome, but I guess the current menu is better.

At least that's what most testers who were in the beta with the PSP are saying.

And yeah, it needs all the content back, it's pretty basic just now.... Word is it's all coming back next week, and the reason it's missing is just due to the aim being stress testing the servers just now.

I was on Home earlier and TedTheDog (whatever his name is) was on. He said there will be no new content this week anyway.

I have to ask, do we receive all the upcoming updates from now on, now we're in the beta? Or are they going to keep it split with a public and private beta?

I was on Home earlier and TedTheDog (whatever his name is) was on. He said there will be no new content this week anyway.

I have to ask, do we receive all the upcoming updates from now on, now we're in the beta? Or are they going to keep it split with a public and private beta?

It's all public now! (at least public beta, but you know what I mean)

Damn I missed another meeting, is TedTheDog away now?

Any other decent questions answered?

Supposedly the rumours about trophies equalling money in Home was brought up from some dev meet up the other night.

It's all public now! (at least public beta, but you know what I mean)

Damn I missed another meeting, is TedTheDog away now?

Any other decent questions answered?

Supposedly the rumours about trophies equalling money in Home was brought up from some dev meet up the other night.

He was on hours ago, like half 6 or something. He said hello to a few members of the PS forums and answered some unrelated Q's to Home. Nothing special. That's all I read anyway and then he went quiet or possibly left.

Pretty sure that was a fake, from all that I read. Someone was semi-spoofing a dev's account. Either that, or they changed it so Corris can't start his own HomeEmpire.

Pretty sure that was a fake, from all that I read. Someone was semi-spoofing a dev's account. Either that, or they changed it so Corris can't start his own HomeEmpire.

Yeah? Guess we'll need to wait and see.

I'm sure they'll do something with trophies, I guess even if it is just 3D representations of them in Home for a trophy cabinet or something. However some sort of rewards scheme would be nice.

Even if it was separate from the premium paid content, like a "2nd tier" of premium content exchangeable for trophy count/points. I mean, you can't get trophies unless you're buying games, and buying games means supporting Sony.

lol @ the Corris HomeEmpire.

Public Beta? how can i get thisss?

Either get a code directly from Sony (I think they have probably stopped sending them out by now), or asking a friend to share the beta.

Public Beta? how can i get thisss?

Ooops I worded that like ass.

I meant the beta itself is now "public" in the sense that if you have it/have been chosen, you will receive all updates now till release. There won't be any more private betas.

Someone was sharing the beta in here earlier.

Really what should have been done is someone with a code should have made a new account, redeemed the code on that and shared it with people on NW.

The GH has 43,440 topics and 711,966 posts, I would've though more people would've been selected :p

Yeah? Guess we'll need to wait and see.

I'm sure they'll do something with trophies, I guess even if it is just 3D representations of them in Home for a trophy cabinet or something. However some sort of rewards scheme would be nice.

Even if it was separate from the premium paid content, like a "2nd tier" of premium content exchangeable for trophy count/points. I mean, you can't get trophies unless you're buying games, and buying games means supporting Sony.

lol @ the Corris HomeEmpire.

I would expect something like 3d representations of Gold/Platinum trophies, as previously shown. Or maybe use them to get clothes (like I'm seeing people getting from the pics), etc.

No invite here yet >.> Anyone sharing? :p

Kinda bizarre they are going this way, if it can be shared across accounts they may as well just release it anyway! If not on the main PSN store, but at least on the home beta page if you sign up with an email or something.

No invite here yet >.> Anyone sharing? :p

Kinda bizarre they are going this way, if it can be shared across accounts they may as well just release it anyway! If not on the main PSN store, but at least on the home beta page if you sign up with an email or something.

They need to test the server stability first with large numbers of people before releasing it for everyone.

While many people will be account sharing, numbers won't go anywhere near the amount they will once the open beta hits and every joe can download it.

Last thing we need is mass server downtime once it is released, due to how long everyone has waited!

I have to say, I've seen a lot of "sexual harassment" and heard lots of racist comments over the mic since I got into Home. Especially cause its such a sausage fest, it's like a moth to a flame when guys see a female avatar walking around.

:/

I have to say, I've seen a lot of "sexual harassment" and heard lots of racist comments over the mic since I got into Home. Especially cause its such a sausage fest, it's like a moth to a flame when guys see a female avatar walking around.

:/

TedTheDog spoke about moderation on the Home forums.

Everything is logged, if you report someone for it and it checks out they'll get banned.

anyone want in to home? i have a code that was sent to my japanese PSN account, but i already got in with my US account.

Redeem it on a new account then share that account among people asking?

TedTheDog spoke about moderation on the Home forums.

Everything is logged, if you report someone for it and it checks out they'll get banned.

How can they log something when they said it over mic though?

Redeem it on a new account then share that account among people asking?

too lazy to create another japanese account. :p if you or anyone else wants to do it though, i'd be more than happy to give it away. rather have 5 people get in than just 1.

on another note, i created a club for neowin. if any of you guys want to join, just search for a club named Neowin and apply. furniture options are pretty crappy right now so the clubhouse will look empty. hopefully we get more soon.

on another note, i created a club for neowin. if any of you guys want to join, just search for a club named Neowin and apply. furniture options are pretty crappy right now so the clubhouse will look empty. hopefully we get more soon.

I also created one on the EU servers so same applies to that :)

All club houses will be lost after the BETA though, so it's really just a big empty barn with some notice boards.

Heh I did the same thing, I forgot to share the details with you guys!