[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Just watched FMA: B episode 45. The intro was really great and I loved how they showed everyone walking their own path towards "The Day" in the ED. Plus the fact that Edward and Greed.. I mean Gredlin, are now working together. Can't wait for the next episode! :D

• Like 1

You're taking a big leap there. Those aspects do make it a great anime plus it had a great alternative story line made into a movie. Though I'm not going to agree nor disagree here as it's too big of leap imo :p It is (and always will be) one of my all-time faves and it's in my top 3 of anime series.

That's good to hear because I was looking into watching that show after Evangelion :)

NGE is starting off kind of slow... I hope it gets better.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before in this thread, but I think it bears repeating: if you're looking for a good action/adventure/mech anime, you'll be sourly disappointed with EVA. But if you're looking for a good psychological anime, EVA is a good anime.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the most influential anime series. There are no expectations it strives to meet. It's not pure entertainment. It's a piece of art that makes you feel confused, revolted, sad and rage. I have not come across more than a handful of anime series that can manipulate emotions that well.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the most influential anime series. There are no expectations it strives to meet. It's not pure entertainment. It's a piece of art that makes you feel confused, revolted, sad and rage. I have not come across more than a handful of anime series that can manipulate emotions that well.

Then one you may want to watch Utena then because that did to me what Blade runner did.

also i need something new to watch or else ill end up rewatching something.

I felt no connection to the show at all.

@shakey: It's what I said in my post as well. They showed off every important character walking their own paths towards "The Day".

@Masked Forever: NGE was influential but I didn't feel revolted or any rage. Haven't seen an anime which made me feel like that at all.

@Matrix XII: I'm sure you're gonna like Eureka seveN. It's an anime which sucks you into the story right from the get-go. I couldn't even help myself to watch the last 5 episodes all in one evening. When you've finished the show you should watch the movie, which has an interesting and awesome alternative storyline.

Bakemonogatari episode 14 tonight. :)

According to the official blog, the production of the episode 14 of Bakemonogatari was completed. The data will be sent to the streaming company and the airing will start tonight (JST) at the earliest. Episode 14 will be streamed on Bandai Channel.

Source: http://blog.bakemonogatari.com/

Just watched FMA: B episode 45. The intro was really great and I loved how they showed everyone walking their own path towards "The Day" in the ED. Plus the fact that Edward and Greed.. I mean Gredlin, are now working together. Can't wait for the next episode! :D

Yeah, loved the scenes of everything being set in motion from the ED (Y) I LOL'ed at "Gredlin" :laugh:

Haha, Greed's reaction to it "Hey! Who are you calling Gredl..." in a screaming voice was priceless :p

^Awesome, gonna be an interesting episode that's for sure.

Also, the first episode of Gundam Unicorn has been released. Guess I'll be drooling over that today thanks to Ms. Radish? :D

^Awesome, gonna be an interesting episode that's for sure.

Also, the first episode of Gundam Unicorn has been released. Guess I'll be drooling over that today thanks to Ms. Radish? :D

oh... Gundam Unicorn is an OVA. I thought it might be a series :pinch:

They've made the manga into an OVA which'll be 6 episodes. It'll be worth watching it though as the manga was great :)

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to say that the length of each episode is almost 1 hour.

And I've just finished Gundam Unicorn episode 1 which was epic! Classic anime mixed with new anime technologies. They've even updated the classic sounds to be suited for an anime of this time. Plus the OST sounded great as well. Can't wait to watch the remaining episodes :D

And I've just finished Gundam Unicorn episode 1 which was epic! Classic anime mixed with new anime technologies. They've even updated the classic sounds to be suited for an anime of this time. Plus the OST sounded great as well. Can't wait to watch the remaining episodes :D

It most certainly was! At first I didn't like the design of the Unicorn

but after it transformed it was awesome!

:woot: The plot has potential and the as you said, the OST was just great. It's too bad we didn't get to see the Unicorn in action but hopefully it packed with a cool inventory :pinch:

Do you know when the next episode will come out?

Just found out that it will be autumn of 2010. It seems they are planning to spread the 6 episodes across 3 years :blink: