Spotify - Amazing Legal music App

Question

I came across www.spotify.com a few days ago, and I must say it's amazing! Been using it ever since, and haven't had a need to open itunes at all. Has pretty much every song I search for, and plays instantly with no buffering or problems etc, for a beta its very good. Anyway, it was invite only but today it's gone public so anyone and everyone can sign up. Give it a go, see what you think, i think it's a new revolution in how we will listen to music in the future.

Here's a review: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LQC2eBQ7Lsk

Also check out Seeqpod, Skreemr, and ccMixter. You link doesn't seem to work for Canadians. :p

I'm guessing these are all pretty much like Last.FM?

Just signed up for this. First impressions are very very good. Small application size, fast, easy to use, and great sound quality.

Now what we need is a mobile client, and Airport Speaker capability. Still, its early days :D I love it!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be installing this on more computers in the near future :D

The first two are meant for playing music. Last.fm is more so for sampling, and it's really difficult to find a full song to play (the only way I can find full music is to listen to a radio, but that's too random). Sure, there's the occasional free track, but that's harder to come by.

The first two are meant for playing music. Last.fm is more so for sampling, and it's really difficult to find a full song to play (the only way I can find full music is to listen to a radio, but that's too random). Sure, there's the occasional free track, but that's harder to come by.

Yeah I see what you mean now, if you wanna hear something specific LastFM will frustrate the snot outta you. Seeqpod took me right to it...several versions even. Nice, thanks.

It's basically like having itunes or a music app, with pretty much every song you could want. For me, it searches, finds, and plays just as fast as if i had the actual mp3 on my laptop itself. Even skipping into the middle of a song etc is instant.

Not available in the USA and says it's invite only. :/

I found a working co.uk proxy and used a british postal number ;)

(try to find one at; http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm )

I LOVE Spotify, now, i only wait for Windows Media Center intergration :D

BTW; I'm in norway, invite only here, but in the UK, it's open for all :p

Edited by morphen

Seems premium is the only way to use it over here after going through the proxy above, everything else is still listed as "Not available in your country". Premium for 9.99 GBP p/month? No thanks. I've been trying to find a Last.FM alternative, because Last.FM doesn't work with my ISP (HughesNet).

the proxy i used was highly unstable and slow, took me 5-6 tries before i actually got registered :p

don't remember which one i used :(

Pretty damn impressive! Though it couldn't find Pontiac Firebird 82 or anything by Sonido Lasser Drakar, for that matter :(

My gf will love this though

It's back to invite only in the UK, guess they're gradually increasing the user limit. I've 3 invites though, so leave a reply and i'll send ya one...

I'd like an invite Johnson - please :)

I'm liking the concept of it all.

Radish™

Sure, no problem...I tried to pm me but it doesn't let me, i'm guessing due to the ™? PM me your email addy sure :)