The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

Stupid Referee's. :angry:

yeah ok.... :huh: i watched the game, the reffing was fine, what was bad were those 2 goals van. gave up early in the 3rd. lol

refereeing was fine... although, isnt it a penalty or penalty shot if a player touches the puck with his hand in the crease? i know it was in minor hockey when i used to play

About the Ducks...? They don't deserve respect, they are yet another 'One Shot Wonder' team which will be so impressive this year, get everyones attention, then die a quick and painless death next season.:pp? Examples?? Iginla.? Was hotter than the fires of hell and now, he's a "Igin....who?"

You have absolutley no idea what the hell you are talking about, the Ducks are not a one hit wonder. Everyone you see on the team now will be back, except maybe Steve Thomas and Sandis Ozolinsh. Ozolinsh may come back if they pay him right, but someone like Detroit will want him too. And gee, Teemu Selanne is coming back to Anaheim next year as well. In '97 and '99 they only had Kariya and Selanne, they made the playoffs. They will be in the finals next year, Sykora, Oates, Kariya, Selanne, Chistov, Krog, Leclrec and the list goes on. They have the depth, goaltending and a top 5 defense.

Your Iginla argument is pointless, no one scores 50 goals every year. Left wing locks, traps and special coverage of players happens. You have obviously never played the game, it is very easy to shadow a single player. The only consistant players were Mario Lemiuex and Gretzky. Anaheim is obviously for real, everyone on this board knows that if they beat Dallas, it is a free ticket to the finals. New Jersey is the only team that has a chance in hell to shut them down. So hopefully you are a Red Wings or Stars fan, that way you can eat your words, because you honestly have no clue on what your talking about.

hey it ain't over for Dallas. don't count them out so quick. :(

thats exactly what everyone was saying about detroit when they went back to anaheim for game 3...dallas has as good of a chance as anyone to come back but if they dont win game 3 its over

yeah baby. flyers rockin' it in ottawa. can't wait for game 3 in philly :)

bayrider: covering the puck in the crease, by anyone but the goalie, should be a penalty shot. not sure about if it just touches your hand. i know they recently changed it to allow hand passes when you are in your own end, but i'm not sure if that applies to inside the crease or not.

I'd expect there to be a delay of game if a player tries and covers the puck. There's too many rules nowadays anyways.

Check this out....

RK  PLAYER  TEAM  GP  MAJORS  MINOR  PIM

1  TODD BERTUZZI  VAN  9  0  15  50

2  DERIAN HATCHER  DAL  7  1  4  33

3  DALLAS DRAKE  STL  7  1  4  23

I'd expect there to be a delay of game if a player tries and covers the puck. There's too many rules nowadays anyways.

Check this out....

RK?  PLAYER?  TEAM?  GP?  MAJORS?  MINOR?  PIM

1?  TODD BERTUZZI?  VAN?  9?  0?  15?  50

2? DERIAN HATCHER? DAL? 7? 1? 4? 33

3? DALLAS DRAKE? STL? 7? 1? 4? 23

at least they arent calling too many penalties at critical points in the game...i.e. the NBA...in that dallas/anaheim game that went into 5OT, only one penalty was called in the overtimes...and it came during the first one...overall, i think the refereeing has been fairly decent

:cry: devils lost

they will be ok... i really dont think the lightning are the team thats going to beat the devils...

dallas stayed alive last night...if dallas wins game 4, they will probably win the series...

Did ya'll hear that I think it was the Ducks Bubble bursting! :laugh:

Did the ducks win the first game? Yes without question!

the second game was a fluke!

The Third was All DALLAS!

The stars are figureing out Giguere. Did you see all those Jucy rebounds?!?!

Billy G is back not alot of min. but big emotional boost!

yeah the stars are going to make this thing right.

Stars in 7

:star:'s and :devil:'s for the CUP

:star:'s in 6

Did ya'll hear that I think it was the Ducks Bubble bursting!  :laugh:

dont get too confident...dallas barely hung on last night...the ducks still have the advantage and they have shown they are capable of winning...i think anaheim will win this series

Ya, dallas was barely holding on at the end. It almost went into O.T.

It's nice to know you're scared of anaheim though. They are a fierce competitor on a small budget.

hehe, yup, go philly! :)

although we've learned that a 2-0 lead is never good enough...i hope they keep the pressure on and don't play "not to lose".

another fun game that i'm watching on espn game tracker :mad: