Is there a PC like Mac in quality & design ?

Hi all

My first post on neowin

I am a die hard windows fan, I do not hate Mac but I fell that windows

Is my home, but also I like the appearance & design of Macs & quality of product

Especially the Imac 24, so I want to ask is there any pc manufacture how makes computers like apple in terms of design & quality

The idea is: I like windows software + Mac hardware

& thanks to all

plz DO NOT FLAME :)

Hi all

My first post on neowin

I am a die hard windows fan, I do not hate Mac but I fell that windows

Is my home, but also I like the appearance & design of Macs & quality of product

Especially the Imac 24, so I want to ask is there any pc manufacture how makes computers like apple in terms of design & quality

The idea is: I like windows software + Mac hardware

& thanks to all

plz DO NOT FLAME :)

Sony's JS series

No PC manufacturer to my knowledge does the software side of things except alienware with their "dock"

@afusion

Thanks for rapid replay I will check this Sony

But I cannot believe that other pc manufacture cannot make a pc like apple

IMac is a piece of art

Edited by Ahmed047

You can always get an imac and install windows as the main and only os. That if you are willing to spend the money.

@sanctified & perochan

thanks to both of you for interest

but i do not want to spend a lot of money & who want ? :cool:

You're asking for something that is basically "Mac quality" in terms of hardware, yet you don't want to spend "a lot" of money. :blink:

Is it the all-in-one iMac design you're interested in specifically? Or just something very reminiscent of Mac hardware in general?

There's nothing out there that closely resembles Apple's hardware. Apple is Apple. But if you want something that is very well put together, reliable, and that looks good, I suspect you'll end up paying more for it anyway.

Maybe check out what Sony has to offer, perhaps Alienware, etc.

@sanctified & perochan

To be honest

All AlO (All in Ones) cost around the same as an iMac. But that Sony JS model is giving an iMac a run for its money on the hardware side of things.

If you really want the software side of things I would save up a bit more and go for the iMac.

@LTD thanks for replay ,you say it "all-in-one iMac design"

@afusion as you said actually i want the the software side

@scrtsqurrl thanks for reply

@giga thanks for reply

imac + windows install sound a good option till now

@sanctified & perochan

i spent $899 on a brand new imac 20", you don't need to spend so much money.

@+King Antonius thanks for interest

but link is expired

The page you requested may no longer exist on Dell.com

* There may be a misspelling in the URL you have entered

* The page or file you are looking for has been moved, retired or is no longer available

I don't think that link works. Try:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products...s&cs=ukdhs1

And yes, this is yet another option. Though if you want to use OS X, you'll need to get a Mac. Or turn to osx86 . . . which can easily turn out to be a lot more trouble than it's worth. But there are functional (for the most part) osx86 installs out there

@LTD i will check this looks great

as i said before i do not want mac software so buying a mac for mac os x is not an option

@temerepo thanks for interest i will check this Hp

Looks good, but I tried that at Best Buy when I went to pick up my Wacom Bamboo.

The touch technology seems really jumpy and there was a lot of lag. Now that might be due to a software issue, but I wasn't impressed at all. In any case, when it comes to this product, definitely try before you buy!

The case design of the newer HP and Gateway models I think are even more pretty than anything Mac has to offer. I read somewhere in CPU Mag a year ago that some other company (well known, I just forget the name) was making iMac-like computers. There's also the possibility of grabbing yourself a Mac and installing Windows on it. Yes, it can be done, and people do it all the time.

The touch technology seems really jumpy and there was a lot of lag. Now that might be due to a software issue, but I wasn't impressed at all. In any case, when it comes to this product, definitely try before you buy!

Yeah, there's nothing special about the Touchsmart screens. They're just as bad as an ATM touchscreen.

How bout putting some multi-touch technology into those screens HP...

Yeah, there's nothing special about the Touchsmart screens. They're just as bad as an ATM touchscreen.

How bout putting some multi-touch technology into those screens HP...

Is that Touchsmart screen capacitive touch?

Funny, this is a question about pc build quality, but you put it in Apple discussion? Would it not be better in a discussion area where pc user are more common?

Quality is a question of price, and design is a question of taste. Do you want a Mac look-a-like or a Mac?

If the mini-mac was more powerful, I'd buy one of them. They are simplicity and perfection design wise, I love those little guys. :) However, the hardware is just not good enough for me.