Is there a PC like Mac in quality & design ?

Is that Touchsmart screen capacitive touch?

Yeah, it is. It just doesn't feel accurate or responsive though. Dragging your finger across the screen can sometimes feel very weird depending on how fingerprint dirty or Windex clean it is.

But it doesn't matter, OP doesn't care for touch. I was just throwing out my two cents.

@afusion as you said actually i want the the software side

So you want Mac OS X? Unless you have an Intel-based CPU with SSE2 and SS3, you won't be able to run Mac OS X on a PC.

EDIT: As for the Mac-like computer. I really suggest you just buy it. Apple is known for releasing proprietary hardware and products, so it will be VERY difficult to find anything identical or very similar.

The VAIO JS looks nice but not much like a iMac aside from shape and the AIO feeling. I personally think Macs are overpriced and useless really unless you don't care much about your computer. PCs look way better depending on the manufacturer and model. The new Dell XPS desktops look amazing.

EDIT: As for the Mac-like computer. I really suggest you just buy it. Apple is known for releasing proprietary hardware and products, so it will be VERY difficult to find anything identical or very similar.

what hardware in the imac is proprietary? it is really easy to mach the internals of an imac ... finding a PC which the elegance of the all in one form factor will be difficult ... apple has been working with an all in one form factor for many, many years (even before the imac) ... they have pretty much nailed it.

i would agree with others, if you love the imac buy it and whack windows on there ... make sure you look at the refurb section of the apple store as they have great deals on there ... http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/spec...mac?mco=MTMzNTY ... im assuming you are located in the US ...

Alienware is your best alternative, but they can be expensive depending on which machine you choose.

http://www.alienware.com/products/desktop-computers.aspx#

If you really want a Mac, then just buy one and dual boot it, but if you want to stay Windows only, then I recommend Alienware.

Yes, this looks very nice, as well as their other notebooks:

http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-...0-notebook.aspx

But their desktops look absolutely juvenile, performance aside.

@DavidM "If the mini-mac was more powerful, I'd buy one of them".( agree with you)

@Skullpture i want the software side of windows +hardware side of mac

@Denholm thanks for replay "it could be worth waiting until January and maybe look into the new Mac Mini." (good news)

@xfodder thanks for replay

@+Matrix XII thanks for replay

i can wait for the new mac mini or buy an imac ,also Alienware look interesting

Many Thanks to all of you guys :)

With the exception of the motherboard, and possibly the PSU, all the rest of the hardware you would find in a Mac is more or less the exact same hardware you an buy off the shelf for a PC as well.

"Mac Quality" is pretty meaningless ever since the switch to intel.

All Macs are nowadays are PCs in a fancy case with MACOSX installed and an ad campaign that tries to lie that they are not PCs.

PCs in a fancy case with MACOSX installed and an ad campaign that tries to lie that they are not PCs.

Ease up on the flamebait.

The OP asked for something similar to a Mac, not your opinion of them, which, incidentally is uninformed.

OOB, the only one I can think of is Sony, but Dell has made strides in design too.

As far as building your own PCs go, I love Cooler Master and Lian Li cases - my Cooler Master 690 case is quite nice, similar to a Mac Pro tower, with a mesh vent all around, but without the handles on it. And it's also black.

OOB, the only one I can think of is Sony, but Dell has made strides in design too.

As far as building your own PCs go, I love Cooler Master and Lian Li cases - my Cooler Master 690 case is quite nice, similar to a Mac Pro tower, with a mesh vent all around, but without the handles on it. And it's also black.

They *are* pretty nice . . . are these the ones?

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/produ...ail&id=2908

Ease up on the flamebait.

The OP asked for something similar to a Mac, not your opinion of them, which, incidentally is uninformed.

I was not trying to start a flameway, the OP was asking about a PC that is the same quality as a Mac, I was just saying that a typical PC and Mac are ther same quality because they use the same hardware.

So unless he wanted a pc built into a moniter or prebuilt, he could just pick a nice looking case instead fo worrying about hardware quality.

the only computers i have seen that comes in close to the quality of a mac are Sony, but they tend to be around the same price.....

The only laptop I've ever had completely die and refuse to even POST was a Sony, and that POS never left my living room. My old iBook has made it through two trips into a warzone with a friend of mine, and still works fine, albeit with a bit of dust and some scrapes.

That being said, IIRC, Asus manufactures the notebook line for Apple, and if/when I get around to purchasing yet another laptop, I plan on trying an Asus out. If you want something in the pre-built desktop variety, look no further than Falcon Northwest...although be prepared to pay for it.

@Snakehn thanks for interest {this Asus looks good}

@Cyber Akuma thanks for replay

@Rudy thanks for replay

@1759 thanks for interest

@39 Thieves thanks for replay

@+LTD Many thanks to you :)

They *are* pretty nice . . . are these the ones?

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/produ...ail&id=2908

Yes, the only knock is that the case weighs a ton, but it's built like a tank, and just has a ton of room on the interior, with hooks to route cables and the best ventilation in any case I've had. It's not as sterile looking as the Mac Pro case though, with just the right touch of chrome trim.

At the Sony flagship store here I saw an iMac-like desktop (box inside monitor) that looked appealing. It had glass around the monitor that was touch-enabled and had glowing icons on the glass.

I tested it out in the shop and you could touch the green glowing 'WWW' icon for example and the browser would open. Looked pretty cool. Everything was in white.

Edit: OK so I tracked them down. They have laptops and desktops. Here's some pictures of their laptop version: Above and Infront (folded).

Direct link to product pages aren't working but you can check them all out here.

They are called Sony VAIO Panel PCs.

Edited by Sacha

@-Bryce- thanks for interest

@afusion thank you looks great

@1759 thanks for replay

@Intelman ??? what do you mean by Lenovo ?

@Sacha thanks for interest i will check it

@Pompeius thanks for replay