To all LCD owners, is your stand perfectly level?

Here are a couple more pictures. This will show that my camera can be deceiving and make the lean worse than it should. Notice the lean is worse on one picture but not on another.

TV1.jpg

TV2.jpg

One-tenth of an inch? You'd have to be pretty close to your TV to notice that.

One-tenth of an inch? You'd have to be pretty close to your TV to notice that.

That was just an approximation. Based on my tape measure, it's exactly one-eighth of an inch.

The room/table/floor may not be level. :)

If that is so, then the table would be tilted along with the TV and the tape measure wouldn't show any unevenness.

I think the only sure way of fixing this problem is to wall mount the TV, but I don't want to do that because if I want to move the TV later on to a different spot or room, then I'll have to fix the wall and everything. So, I'll just deal with the leaning TV. I'm sure many people here don't have a 100% leveled TV and they're not complaining about it. I guess I'm too anal sometimes.

My samsung 226BW isn't level :(. I had to wedge some pieces of paper under it to level it.

I laughed when I first read that thinking it was silly, but I tried it and it worked. As silly as it may sound, it's an easy solution. However, I think my stand started to lean to the left now. So I think it was better before the way it was, so I removed the paper. I think some people here may have hit the nail on the head when they said that my table might not be leveled.

Edited by xraffle

I laughed when I first read that thinking it was silly, but I tried it and it worked. As silly as it may sound, it's an easy solution. However, I think my stand started to lean to the left now. So I think it was better before the way it was, so I removed the paper. I think some people here may have hit the nail on the head when they said that my table might not be leveled.

yet earlier you claimed that Samsung is "notorious" for having un-even stands. Samsung is the #1 seller of TVs on Amazon so because you read a few reviews saying theres were leaning you jumped on the bandwagon... the other 500+ 5 star ratings dont mention any such thing... just to humor you... I used a level on my ln52a650 and there were no leans to the left or right...

yet earlier you claimed that Samsung is "notorious" for having un-even stands. Samsung is the #1 seller of TVs on Amazon so because you read a few reviews saying theres were leaning you jumped on the bandwagon... the other 500+ 5 star ratings dont mention any such thing... just to humor you... I used a level on my ln52a650 and there were no leans to the left or right...

2 reasons why people highly rate these Samsung TVs:

1- Uneven stands does not ruin the picture quality whatsoever. Also, don?t forget. Majority of people wall-mount their LCDs.

2- Many people may not notice it. Like I said, I had no idea my stand was uneven until I read that a couple of people had the problem. After looking closely, I don?t think there?s anything wrong with my stand. Like I said, I think it looks slanted on my picture because of the way I held the camera and my table might not be leveled.

Also, don?t forget. Majority of people wall-mount their LCDs.

I don't think that's true at all...I highly doubt it's the majority.

IF its leaning to the right you can always have someone hold down on the stand and try to lvl the tv out with some brute force, just dont over due it.

I don't think that's true at all...I highly doubt it's the majority.

I'd say a very small percentage wall-mounts their TV's... xraffle just watched too many "Cribs" episodes.

Ok, I was chatting with other members on the AVS forum and everyone there who owns my Samsung model (Series 450) has the same problem. And they?re all exactly one-eighth of an inch like mine. Now, I?m not saying all Samsung models are like this, but this definitely a problem on their 450 series.

Ok, I was chatting with other members on the AVS forum and everyone there who owns my Samsung model (Series 450) has the same problem. And they?re all exactly one-eighth of an inch like mine. Now, I?m not saying all Samsung models are like this, but this definitely a problem on their 450 series.

interesting.. do you have link?... my friend just bought the ln40a450 on clearance and im sure he would be interested to read up on that... sux for him....

on another note... can you please research your "thoughts" before you post... you seem to post first and then research later after you make these crazy claims such as samsung is notorious for uneven stands.. and then your claim about majority of owners wall mount their lcds... thanks!

interesting.. do you have link?... my friend just bought the ln40a450 on clearance and im sure he would be interested to read up on that... sux for him....

on another note... can you please research your "thoughts" before you post... you seem to post first and then research later after you make these crazy claims such as samsung is notorious for uneven stands.. and then your claim about majority of owners wall mount their lcds... thanks!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....20#post14353320

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....95#post15944895

Another note. I DID do my homework before making "crazy claims." Read this WHOLE thread. With the exception of Jesda, At least three people claimed their TV was leaning and they're all Samsung TVs. Nobody here said their Sony TV was leaning. And yes, most people do wall-mount their TVs. Ever been to a bar? And also, all of my friends and co-workers wall-mount their TVs. I'm the only that doesn't.

sounds like someone needs to stay off of the avsforum

You people are misunderstanding me completely. First, I never said Samsung TVs were terrible. They're great. Second, the stand for the LN32A450 ONLY has a slight tilt on it and according to other posters there, I'm not the only one with this problem. FYI, the people at AVS forum have more knowledge on this than people here, no offense.

You people are misunderstanding me completely. First, I never said Samsung TVs were terrible. They're great. Second, the stand for the LN32A450 ONLY has a slight tilt on it and according to other posters there, I'm not the only one with this problem. FYI, the people at AVS forum have more knowledge on this than people here, no offense.

wow, a HUGE lol

I dont visit AVS forum for this exact reason. I didnt even know you went there, it was just a joke because thats the kind of thing the people over there would probably complain about. I had no clue that they infact were complaining about this, and now this just reinforces my view on that entire community.

wow, a HUGE lol

I dont visit AVS forum for this exact reason. I didnt even know you went there, it was just a joke because thats the kind of thing the people over there would probably complain about. I had no clue that they infact were complaining about this, and now this just reinforces my view on that entire community.

Well it's not like the threads were swarming with complaints like it's the end of the world. They were just wondering, like me, if everyone else' stand had the same problem.