November 2008 board stats

December will be huge due to the leak of build 7000 ;)

Not only that, but I think they also go up a lot because many people have off of work and school because of the holidays.

January will be higher, from all the CES coverage that is about to happen. Not to mention Neowin will be linked all over the net, and probably flooded. I expect to see a record number of users online this month

January will be higher, from all the CES coverage that is about to happen. Not to mention Neowin will be linked all over the net, and probably flooded. I expect to see a record number of users online this month

Not just CES, there was also Macworld.

And now we're back on Google News, so even more traffic :D

Do you people have your own servers to host this site? Is it hard to keep up with traffic?

AFAIK the servers are owned by Stardock.

Do you people have your own servers to host this site? Is it hard to keep up with traffic?

You would need input from the developers about that.

It can handle more traffic than previous years (since the server move), now that the servers are located at Stardock. I wouldn't know the exact amount of people the server can handle at a single moment, but I am sure it is more than neowin will need

You would need input from the developers about that.

It can handle more traffic than previous years (since the server move), now that the servers are located at Stardock. I wouldn't know the exact amount of people the server can handle at a single moment, but I am sure it is more than neowin will need

How wrong were we :p

How wrong were we :p

We'll I was right, and wrong. Wrong the servers couldn't stay up, but good work on the dev team keeping the site a float with minimal down time (Y)

and was right about the record number of users this month :D

I am looking forward too the January stats myself, they should be great. I am mostly curious about the registrations

I am looking forward too the January stats myself, they should be great. I am mostly curious about the registrations

That figure could easily be double the November figure at over 400. There were at least 100-200 n00bs who signed up within the last two days alone. Should be interesting for sure.

Just FYI, we had more unique hits yesterday and the day before than November and December alone. The wave is not over yet... The RC will bring on another big hit

Just FYI, we had more unique hits yesterday and the day before than November and December alone. The wave is not over yet... The RC will bring on another big hit

The RC is still quite some time away.