Windows 7 bugs

I only get 3,0 in the Windows Experience Index (primary hard disk transfer rate). With Vista I got 5,4. Is this a bug?

this is what I get with 4x320gb 7.2k sata2 drives in hardware raid0. rating could be due to a lot of things, rpm, fragmentation, etc.

post-186095-1231350905_thumb.jpg

I only get 3,0 in the Windows Experience Index (primary hard disk transfer rate). With Vista I got 5,4. Is this a bug?

If im not mistaking here... Vista's maximum ratio was 6, seven has 8.... Maybe thats why its showing a lower ratio...

When shutting down, I always encounter a "bug" I suppose. The shutdown sound is supposed to play but it doesn't. So W7 goes to the black screen (waiting for the shutdownsound to play in explorer.exe). Not too serious because I hear the sound either way, it is just delayed and continues shutting itself down

GPU issue with Directx11. Unable to run Aero, play video files in wmp, run Direct3D screen savers, etc.

Computer locks when trying to play video files. Display freezes but cpu and hd appear to still work.

Computer locks when running the Windows Experience Index (most likely when checking graphics performance)

Computer is a Compag X1010us laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200. The currently installed driver for the ATI card is an XP driver from 2004.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the display driver, however I have spent days looking for a Vista or Win7 driver and have come up empty.

When I allow windows to look for a driver it finds one, however, when the system reboots the display is garbage. there is a double image with lines all over the place.

Any suggestions? thoughts? others with the same issues?

Thanks.

Note: Previously running Win XP SP3 with no issues. Video played back just fine under DirectX 9 (10?)

Beta version of Windows 7 is 7000

7000 doesn't come with DirectX11 libraries. It uses DirectX10.

DirectX Nov. SDK comes with beta DirectX 11 libraries and headers for development use.

If you cant use DWM you must not have graphics drivers installed that support WDDM 1.0/1.1.

IF you do run the Windows System Assessment Tool, which should enable them.

1. Using a custom theme, when i open any windows explorer window my theme changes and loses transparency

2. My HP dx2400 graphics would not let me do 1680x1050 with the driver included with win 7, had to use an older vista driver to get the correct resolution on my 20" Widescreen monitor

3. Snipping Tool leaves left over snipps that were saved in the "superbar"

4. Changing icon size from large to small, i lost my thumbnail previews and aero peak.

Lots more i have found, and submitted all of them, wish i had a valid key so i could send them all of the information

Computer is a Compag X1010us laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200. The currently installed driver for the ATI card is an XP driver from 2004.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the display driver, however I have spent days looking for a Vista or Win7 driver and have come up empty.

Well yeah, that's pretty obviously a driver issue. The simple answer is that your chipset is not supported under Vista / Win7. The problem is that the Mobility Radeon 9200 only supports DirectX8.1, whereas Aero requires DirectX9. Simply put you cannot run Aero.

in response to the first page (didn't feel like reading the rest :p)

isn't most video playback rendered on the graphic card? e.g. out of reach of windows

i know if i try and take a screen shot of windows media player when its using hardware decoders all i get is a black box rgb(15,15,15) that if you move it over where windows media was it shows the video drawing through perhaps winamp is doing something similar?

I don't have that problem on x64 build. Displays correctly.

Im using x86 (32bit) version, Its installed on Virtual Machine, mayeb because of that, but I did some restarts of the VM and its still there...

I Need others who work under x86 to try this.....

But thanx for reply :)

Anyone else running virtual pc on the x64 version of Win 7 beta? For some reason anytime I leave the VPC window it blanks out most of it. It will no redraw that window unless I minimize it and then restore.

This is what it looks like when I do something else in windows and leave the VM. I'm running XP SP2 in the VM.

capturevi2.jpg

Anyone else running virtual pc on the x64 version of Win 7 beta? For some reason anytime I leave the VPC window it blanks out most of it. It will no redraw that window unless I minimize it and then restore.

This is what it looks like when I do something else in windows and leave the VM. I'm running XP SP2 in the VM.

capturevi2.jpg

I can confirm that also exists in x86. It seems to only redraw elements which animate/change. The only way I could get the whole screen to draw was to move mouse all over it.

Actually it didn't happen to me while running the x86 version of the beta either. I wonder if it's the ati drivers I'm using? I'm running the 8.12s. Installed using vista compat mode.

It's not specific to ATI. It's happening on my system which has an nVidia 8600 GTS. Running WDDM 1.0 drivers. The 1.1 drivers have crappy game performance.

The x86 build does NOT do this when running under VirtualBox.

I can confirm that, Im running win7 on Virtual Box and didnt encounter those glitches nor any other....

I can confirm that, Im running win7 on Virtual Box and didnt encounter those glitches nor any other....

You are confusing the point. You are running Win7 on Virutal Box. He is running Virutal PC in an installation of Windows 7.

I have an issue in 7000 x64 where office 2007 sp1 will not install.

I'm talking about actually installing the service pack not a slip streamed version of office.

Goto Control Panel -->

Programs and Features -->

Windows Features turn on or off -->

Click on Telnet client

It fails damn, i liked the built in Telnet and i have no reason why it fails to install on both x86 and x64 machines.

Build 7000

Anyone else test this one?

On my laptop for some reason im having to reboot alot because sometimes the cursor is dead. Usually after hard resets but sometimes just randomly after reboots.

Any idea?

On my laptop for some reason im having to reboot alot because sometimes the cursor is dead. Usually after hard resets but sometimes just randomly after reboots.

You'll have to give us a bit more information than that. What graphics drivers are you running? Chipset drivers?