Windows 7 bugs

I found a bug too. Jumplists doesn't use cleartype. Makes the text look a little blurry. If you don't see it, zoom in.

Tried to upload an image but it didn't work for some reason. :p

Edited by em3

Bug I found. Jumplists doesn't use cleartype. Makes the text look a little blurry. If you don't see it, zoom in.

its worse than that...My guesses are theyre using WPF text rendering in some parts of the UI. Jumplists being an example. Look also at the window titles...just ugly.

Can't confirm that here. It does matter whether I snap WMP or Explorer first they both only take up 50% of the screen. Were you running any media that could have had an impact (an usual codec, etc)?

However, I have a video that will cause WMP to flick rapidly before playing - very irritating. I have no idea why it happens.

Everything is just a vanilla install really at the moment. I haven't installed any additional codecs and the only thing running at the time was media player building its library (BTW why is it necessary for WMP to build its own library seperately from the main Windows Music library?).

I'll try to reproduce this problem and post back if it was just a one-off.

OK, the attached image shows you what WMP looks like side-by-side another app (in this case Firefox). As you can see the WMP window on the right overlaps the right hand side of the Firefox window so you can't see the Close, Minimise or Maximise buttons in FF.

This seems to happen everytime but is only a problem with WMP.

As I said in my previous post, this is a fairly vanilla Windows 7 install with no additional codecs installed. WMP isn't doing anything special either - I just opened it and pinned it to the right hand side of the screen. Note that I could have pinned it to the left and side of the screen and the same thing happens.

post-187627-1231690156_thumb.png

Hm. Seems like this happens when firefox is open but i dunno. Seems like the superbar and min/max buttons are unresponsive for a min or so..but then goes back to normal...

Hm. Seems like this happens when firefox is open but i dunno. Seems like the superbar and min/max buttons are unresponsive for a min or so..but then goes back to normal...

No it's not related to Firefox as I installed that after first encountering the problem. As I mentioned earlier, it's the combination of wmp and any other app.

After I installed Windows 7 I plugged in my eternal hard disc. A window popped up saying "Scan And Fix The Problems On This Eternal Hard Disc" I clicked "Yes" and it started scanning and fixing. Suddenly, my computer slowed down. I didn't know what was happening at first so I ran Windows Task Manager to see memory usage and I was shocked. Windows Explorer were using 1.4GB RAM! That is about 85% of my computer's RAM. So I got a screen shot of it and sent a feedback with a picture. I didn't know what was wrong. I kept waiting and waiting because I didnt wanna restart the computer till the scan finished. An hour later, the scan finished and that window closed itself. I was going to close my computer but suddenly my computer got really fast so I decided to check RAM usage again. I was shocked once again! The RAM usage dropped to 15MB from 1.4GB! I've never seen such a memory leak before. It was a huge bug that bothered me. Here's the pic when RAM usage hits the peak.

ramproblemkg3.jpg

Another bug. Gadgets snap to the side of the screen as if the sidebar is there. However, when you try to position a gadget between two others it just sits on top of the other two rather than slotting in between. In other words, the other two gadgets don't make way for the new one as was the case in Vista.

post-187627-1231699950.png

Everything is just a vanilla install really at the moment. I haven't installed any additional codecs and the only thing running at the time was media player building its library (BTW why is it necessary for WMP to build its own library seperately from the main Windows Music library?) .

I'm guessing the developers are catering for XP's shortcomings.

OK, the attached image shows you what WMP looks like side-by-side another app (in this case Firefox). As you can see the WMP window on the right overlaps the right hand side of the Firefox window so you can't see the Close, Minimise or Maximise buttons in FF.

This seems to happen everytime but is only a problem with WMP.

As I said in my previous post, this is a fairly vanilla Windows 7 install with no additional codecs installed. WMP isn't doing anything special either - I just opened it and pinned it to the right hand side of the screen. Note that I could have pinned it to the left and side of the screen and the same thing happens.

Well, there's no denying that you have a problem there. Unfortunately, I can't recreate that here.

aerosnapir4.png

Well, there's no denying that you have a problem there. Unfortunately, I can't recreate that here.

aerosnapir4.png

Cool. Thanks for checking. I submitted this to Microsoft so they can look into it.

@ Ultimate Guitarist: It happens regardless of the side WMP goes on.

After coming from standby everything corrupted...

Examples of what I mean.

W7AfterStandby-2.jpg

Having a peek at the desktop.

W7AfterStandby.jpg

Regular open windows.

Also, Firefox 3 keeps crashing...

i found this morning while watching video either using media player or media player classic and rela player i would lose internet , used fix a problem it got the connection back then it would lose it again .. run dignostic it told me to reboot my modem which i did it saw the internet then lost it again

only after i stoped watch vids then ran fix a problem again it got the connection back and now is stable

i found this morning while watching video either using media player or media player classic and rela player i would lose internet , used fix a problem it got the connection back then it would lose it again .. run dignostic it told me to reboot my modem which i did it saw the internet then lost it again

only after i stoped watch vids then ran fix a problem again it got the connection back and now is stable

Are you running a connected modem (ie. requiring drivers) or a router? Also, are you running any anti-virus? I've had NOD32 drop my internet connection before and it took me ages to figure it out.

My only issue(s) so far...

Any game I run assigns my USB headset as my primary audio device and uses that instead of my sound card. Also, my sound card is set to primary audio device and my headset is set to primary playback device. I can't change this. All sounds work through the external speakers until a game is ran.

New bug (at least for me):

I can't remove safely my USB stick. The menu doesn't appear when I click the icon in the system tray. In the first few days it worked, now it doesn't work. I didn't install anything on it since then.

New bug (at least for me):

I can't remove safely my USB stick. The menu doesn't appear when I click the icon in the system tray. In the first few days it worked, now it doesn't work. I didn't install anything on it since then.

Just curious, do you usually go through the "safely remove" procedure when removing a USB device?

If I eject a CD by righ-click-eject on CDROM drive in Computer, I get "it is safe to remove your CDROM" baloon popup. :huh:

post-62693-1231769038.png

Just curious, do you usually go through the "safely remove" procedure when removing a USB device?

I don't do it with my camera or my MP3 player, personally. As long as the MP3 player says its safe to disconnect, thats good enough for me. :p