Longhorn 4015

no i dont think it will work on a p2 ... th final longhorn will be otimised for high end processors and 64 proccessor i can imagine

no i dont think it will work on a p2 ... th final longhorn will be otimised for high end processors and 64 proccessor i can imagine

Of course it will run on a P2.

Everytime the release of a new Milestone build of Longhorn gets released, the same old question pops up.

Stop being dumb (sorry if I'm rhetorically harsh), I think its redundant to keep posting questions based on whether you should use a prerelease OS as your main system. Make up your own mind, its your risk. After a month though, don't come posting how it screwed up your system or start complaining about its flaws... remember... its a prerelease of an OS, calm down and buy some new underwear before you soil your current ones by complaining.

ND

Hated by Many

Confronted by None

anyone knows if longhorn will run on a P2 - 400MHz w/ 64MB ram? (that would be my test comp) ;)

It worked on my PII400 with 128mb, i wouldn't suggest that anyone try this os on anything lower than a PIII500 with 128mb. Mainly because the os is a memory hog and if not enough is given it will struggle.

You don't need 4008 to install, it will install fine on it's own.

Another nice touch is the logon, it's more then just a change of a few bitmaps, the structure has changed as well as having the "Log on as..." feature:

LogonUIThumb.jpg

Click for the full picture. If anyone wants the graphics for the logon to create the equivelant for XP, PM me.

u know what it looks like...it looks like mac os x's login screen. There they go again. Copying Macintosh.

Josh

aye true, but it looks not bad and the background is very rough though :o

u know what it looks like...it looks like mac os x's login screen. There they go again. Copying Macintosh.

Josh

That's the first thing I thought. It's almost identical. I'm on 2003 at the moment but if I go back to XP I'll remake it for XP so everyone can check it out.

Crapload more buggy for me, explorer has crashed 7 times in the past 10 minutes for me. Sidebar is looking better, actually getting some decent stuff on there. WinFS is still a service running on top, craplaod of stuff running as default as well. I think this will be my last build for a while.

On your Windows Task Manager you have the commit charge in "M" Mine is in "k" is that something you've done or Longhorn? [presuming you have Longhorn]