So.. for all the mac users who have tried windows 7...

Im using win 7 at the moment, I find it way better than vista doesnt feel slow alrough movies arnt too good on it. Ive never tryed osx out although ive applied for a macbook alu on the finance program so I will post back if it all goes well

Are you just blindly clicking reply without reading responses?

Perhaps. Some people just have strong beliefs in their OS of choice, and always attempt to discredit the (fair) competition.

The problem with you is what most switchers have: You are trying to take OS X's paradigms and trying to find their equivalents in Windows. Read up that Ars's comparison (someone linked it earlier).

I can ask you something similar, how can I switch different windows using Doc without using context menu in OS X? Assume Finder and iTunes have multiple Windows open. Finder Windows are hidden. Now switch.

Here is one more. I want to maximize a Window with a single click without resizing manually in OS X. I don't want to read any crap about "oh you don't need to maximize because that works against 'multi-tasking' crap" (whoever says that is just plain dumb).

Sounds stupid? There is no universal quit keyboard shortcut in Windows because it works differently than OS X.

Yes, it is a specific OS X (Dock) paradigm for being an application centric model, and that's why there's Witch to solve that. [if it bothers you, of course]

But I don't see what I said isn't a valid complaint or relevant point for this thread. If I didn't know better, it'd seem like the OP is asking existing Mac users what they think of Windows 7.

Hi everyone :)

Well i use both XP and and OSX(hackingtosh, maybe buying a real mac soon though) and like them equally as much.

Anyway so i tried Windows 7. It runs a bit better than Vista. What i hate though is the terrible superbar or whatever it is called. I don't like the quick launch bar either, for me it is not clear enough what is the quick launch bar and what are active applications.

It runs better than Vista and some menus are a little better than Vista. One of the reasons i went back to XP is because Vista used a lot of memory which decreased performance, especially in gaming. Windows 7 uses only a little more than XP, so if they fix the superbar, and there are no compatibility issues, i am happy to upgrade to Windows 7, i just cant stand the taskbar, but thats just a matter of taste i guess.

I use both os'ses but i don't think dedicated Apple users will switch because of Windows 7 i think.

i tried win7 on my unibody mbp but couldnt get all the drivers to load and since it seemed to be taxing my gfx my pc was quickly burning up, so it was back to osx for me :)

it does run better then vista, and slightly better then xp, and this was without all the proper drivers!

Anyway so i tried Windows 7. It runs a bit better than Vista. What i hate though is the terrible superbar or whatever it is called. I don't like the quick launch bar either, for me it is not clear enough what is the quick launch bar and what are active applications.

Then you'll likely hate the Dock, as it has the same issue of mixing inactive application icons with running application icons.