Windows 7 build 7022 leaks

I noticed that the icon is very slightly larger, perhaps by just 1-2 pixels on the top and bottom. The widgets in the top right are largely than they were in Windows Vista, but it seems the actual icons within the widgets have been altered, too.

It's possible I'm just seeing things, but when I compare 7000 to 7022, the "minimize window" icon really does seem a little larger.

A pic would have explained it better ;)

So I'm installing build 7022 as a real non-VM install on a HTPC... except the disc was copied to a 5400 RPM 2.5" HD that's connected via an USB enclosure.

The "Windows is loading files" screen was excruciatingly slow compared to loading the same installer on my laptop. For some reason Gigabyte must be forcing a USB 1.1 connection when OS drivers aren't loaded yet. Otherwise, the time it took from selecting a hard drive to seeing the user name screen is 11 minutes 47 seconds (which unfortunately includes the slow-ish BIOS screens).

Not bad. :D

Oh and two more changes:

- The tray icon basket popup button has a pressed state.

post-99705-1234655277.png

- The Safely Remove Hardware menu got a bit more concise. :p

post-99705-1234655283.png

- I noticed that you can no longer have album art AND a visualization appear at the same time. :(

Edited by rm20010

Thanks, +rm20010, for your insight. I'm not as worried about Microsoft "suing" me as I am of my university "seeing" that I downloaded Windows off a torrent. Do you know if universities tend to monitor their connections or watch what students do online? Yeah, I know I probably seem like a n00b right now :-P but I'm kind of new to all this...

don't torrent. your college will find it and hunt you down. they will stick you in a bunker and torture you until you learn your lesson.

jkjkjkjkjkjkjk

most colleges do not actively monitor or try to filter traffic, but take action only if they get like a cease and desist order. microsoft probably won't do it, unless it's that time of the month.

2. When showing hidden files and folders the hidden folders are now white/ have no icon. Screenshot as soon as I arrive back home.

Yup, same problem here. Just installed 7022 and it was the FIRST thing I noticed. You would think that the build wouldn't leek if it was so obviously f**ked, but whatever. Keep em coming!

yea i have noticed its running on my system alot more nicer than build 7000, i was getting explorer crashing once or twice a day, but now not even happening!

So there is no more legal way to obtain a key for the 7022 build? I've noticed Microsoft has discontinued windows 7 public beta download.

So there is no more legal way to obtain a key for the 7022 build? I've noticed Microsoft has discontinued windows 7 public beta download.

The keys are widespread. Use your favorite search engine.

Everyone is just in 7048 fever.... ;)

LOL, knowing my luck, that will leak tomorrow, and the upgrade I did today will be worthless.