[Official] Killzone 2

That sucks but now I have all weekend to focus on inFamous.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Honestly I am so involved with inFamous I would not have gotten around to getting the patch until I am done anyway. Still kind of sucks though, I know a lot of people were looking forward to it.

For the first time I saw lame ass hacks in Killzone 2. It completely destroys the game. I'm so irritated that I'm not even gonna play the game anymore. More and more people are using hacks to get into walls and shoot people and you can't kill them.

The most problematic map is Blood Gracht at ISA spawn point. Some players go into walls right in the spawn building of ISA and shoot people with a magnum gun and you can't kill them. As soon as you try running across the bridge they kill you. The guy that was the most annoying had 153 kills and 1 death.

It's really sad. So much for cheating free playing. I guess I"m going back to Xbox 360 for more play. This is really pathetic.

Have you experienced these hacks?

Has there been a patch that allows customized controls for this game yet? I use Alternate 1 as my current scheme but it leave a lot to be desired for me, I hate all the default controls for this game, if they would add custom button layout I would go back to playing it but as it is I quit around mission 3.

1.27 is out now, there's a lot of changes including the new precision aiming mode, so everyone should try the game again (Y)

I'd still like to have an option to swap L3 run with a less used control like melee combat, trying to run while using the left stick is impossible for me.

ooo new update, haven't played this one in a while. ill have to go check it out.

yeah at first, having the run on L3 was difficult for me as well, but i seemed to get used to it after a while of playing.

I'd still like to have an option to swap L3 run with a less used control like melee combat, trying to run while using the left stick is impossible for me.

The run is toggled though so you don't need to keep it held down, I really don't see too much problem with it, maybe it's just me.

* DLC - Enables support for downloadable content pack #2 “Flash & Thunder”, released on June 11th on the Playstation?Store

* Network errors – Improved handling of large message groupings to decrease network errors on heavy loads. Should decrease some instances of network errors

* Stability - Fix for potential Quick-join stability issues when DLC pack “Steel & Titanium” is not installed

* Stability – Removal of DLC could result in stability issues when using game pre-sets

* Stability – Crash fix for potential Search & Retrieve issue

* Stability – Fix for infrequent hang on loading when using spectator mode

* Exploit – Search & Destroy objective exploit fix

* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP04 – Visari Hammer

* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP07 – Blood Gracht

* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP07 – Blood Gracht (2)

* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP08 – Corinth Crossing

* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP08 – Corinth Crossing (2)>

* Stats – Fix for clans not always receiving the clan match win medal

* Controls – Addition of High precision mode option for both Single Player and Multiplayer. New accounts will have this mode set as standard and existing users will have to enable it manually.

* Feature – Players will be automatically placed on the same faction, if they are friends upon using the ‘Join Friend’ option

* Feature – Players will be automatically placed on the same squad, if they are friends upon using the ‘Join Friend’ option

* Feature – Squads will remain constant over multiple rounds unless disbanded.>

* Feature – Faction balancing only checked when entering the game to the pre-game lobby or spawn-select New faction select screen on spawn-select

* Feature – In-game faction changing now allowed on heavily unbalanced factions>

* Feature – Skirmish – All Badges and Abilities are now unlocked for Skirmish mode to allow users with lower bandwidth network connections to experience the full range of weapons and abilities available in Multiplayer mode

* Gameplay – Invulnerability when spawning on a deployable spawn-point outside of a base-camp is now disabled

* Gameplay – Armor of Assault class reduced from 100 to 50 hit-points

* Gameplay – AI and health of the flying Sentry Bots has been tweaked upwards

* Gameplay – Firing rate of the Sentry Turret’s rocket system has been reduced slightly>

* Bug – Cooked grenades dealing friendly fire damage despite the option being disabled

* Bug - DLC Pack 1 “Steel & Titanium” front end text fix for Japanese sku

* Moderation – Enhanced moderation tools for SCE Moderators

* Killzone.com – Revived players now appearing correctly in Battle Replays

* Misc - Various minor bug fixes

For more in depth information on some of the bigger features to come with this patch, check out the Q&A with Eric Boltjes our Lead Multiplayer Designer here.

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

First impressions across the boards are the new precision aiming mode is(Y)) Remember you have to turn it on in options if you're played KZ2 before.

The dead zone has been tweaked so now you can track enemies even when they're running and small corrections to aim for the head are much easier now, the sense of "weight" is still there so the game still feels Killzone with the new controls, I can assure everyone will be using them from now on.

edit:> Gotta go finish packing, no time to play, but I tried out the new precision mode in SP, works and feels better, I'm sure you'll all agree.

Edited by Audioboxer

Its easier now to get kill with the air bot. I already got two air support ribbons :D

Anyone else grab the new maps?

Read quite a few comments about how good looking they apparently are...

Anyone else grab the new maps?

Read quite a few comments about how good looking they apparently are...

Yea, but I haven't been on for a few days, work schedule is odd this week.

Both maps look amazing. My favorite is Southern Hill with the nuclear explosion.

I got Platinum today on Killzone :woot: :woot: :woot:

• 3 weeks later...

About to start playing this again, want to see what it's like online with the new aiming controls.

Did you guys buy the new map pack through the sharing account we have?

About to start playing this again, want to see what it's like online with the new aiming controls.

Not been bought yet, I can do that tonight or tomorrow though. :)

When were the new controls implemented? I finally got to see first hand what Killzone 2 was like the other day. My friend hadn't played in a while so it was a little rough regardless but how much of the control scheme was changed?

Slightly off topic but is there any view where you can aim down the barrel of the gun?

When were the new controls implemented? I finally got to see first hand what Killzone 2 was like the other day. My friend hadn't played in a while so it was a little rough regardless but how much of the control scheme was changed?

About a month back now.

However if you had already started playing the game the new controls have to be turned on in the options, "precision mode". Only people who're just putting the disc in for the first time and patching before play have it enabled by default.

Give me a shout if you do and I'll split it with you again.

Aye, I'll chip in again for it. :)

Aye, I'll chip in again for it. :)
Ditto

Bought, also as mentioned before SSHD is on there too if you don't have it.

Bought, also as mentioned before SSHD is on there too if you don't have it.

?1 each again? Do we have the same amount of people chipping in as before?