[Official] Killzone 2

Wanted to bring my PS3 by my mates house and bring this game along, does it feature split-screen? Can't remember :/

Nope.

Okay, here's some blasphemy - I'm actually starting to enjoy the game.

Few days ago I really wanted to play a First Person Shooter. I played Call of Duty 4 way too much and World at War is rubbish, so I decided I might as well give Killzone 2 a proper run online. Despite still having a few issues with certain elements, I am actually enjoying it. Still have a lot to unlock and learn about the game but now I'm just enjoying myself with a lot of Body Count.

Two questions;

As an engineer, what does those 4(5)? blue dots mean beneath the turret icon and what do you 'need to do' in order to place more, also, how many can you place? I just don't understand that system :p

Secondly, I killed a guy with this awesome scope-less single-shot rifle and I had a great time using it, got a ton of kills - When do I unlock that?

Now I just need to find someone to play with :laugh:

Still rubbish at the game though :/

http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml?kz_user_id=Sethos

Few days ago I really wanted to play a First Person Shooter. I played Call of Duty 4 way too much and World at War is rubbish, so I decided I might as well give Killzone 2 a proper run online. Despite still having a few issues with certain elements, I am actually enjoying it. Still have a lot to unlock and learn about the game but now I'm just enjoying myself with a lot of Body Count.

Two questions;

As an engineer, what does those 4(5)? blue dots mean beneath the turret icon and what do you 'need to do' in order to place more, also, how many can you place? I just don't understand that system :p

Secondly, I killed a guy with this awesome scope-less single-shot rifle and I had a great time using it, got a ton of kills - When do I unlock that?

Those are the number turrets that your team can use. Your team cant have more than 4 at the same time. You cant place more turrets until one is destroyed.

I think you are talking about one of Saboteur weapons, STA14 Rifle.

Two questions;

The dots represent how many turrets are currently built. There is a maximum of 4 per team so if 4 dots are lit up you won't be able to build a turret. Good measure to prevent sentry spam but unfortunately right now a lot of people are trying to unlock stage 2 of the engineer abilities which mean you need to get 5 kills from your turret per round 8 times. This means quite a lot of engineers running around.

You then unlock the repair ability which means you can repair turrets/ammo boxes around the levels but also those stationary man turrets - Which are actually really powerful if you have someone in your team repair them.

That scopeless gun will probably be the rifle in SP that decapitates on headshot, unfortunately I'm not sure what class has it/or what unlock you need, it might not be class specific.

I'll play with you this weekend, only games I've ever played with you are LBP and a little Socom.

You've got a good played/win ratio, 28/23. I've only won one more match than you but played 41 games :laugh:

http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml...r_id=Audioboxer

Your kill ratio is also far superior than mine, so no, I suck!

There are definitely still issues with MP, they need to patch in this friend system they are working on and also fix the saboteurs respawn grenades - When someone chucks one of them near/in a spawn room it's just chaos and annoying. It shouldn't even exist if thrown in a spawn, just disappear or something, who cares about realism of it disappearing, it's not fun having people spawn in your spawn.

Also the ****ing noobs online need to start using squads more often.

They have fixed a fair few things since 1.00 which is maybe helping you have a better experience. I stopped playing it until the auto-aim noob shotgun was fixed and some of the other flaws.

I really want to play the new maps but I don't want to buy them :( Someone should make a fake EU account and 5 people from the EU chip in to spend ?4 is it? lol.

Oh I see, makes sense about the turrets. I thought it was like a 'how many turrets you can build' and you would gain additional points by killing or something, guess I was way off :laugh: And how on earth would you get 5 kills per round x 8?! I unlocked Engineer last night and gave it a whirl for a few matches. The turrets do light up and fire away but man, they can't kill anything. I placed them in pretty decent areas but their damage is just too low to be of any use ... Guess that's a 6-month project.

I looked through the 'favourite weapons' list on the stats page and found that rifle to be the HGH STA-14 RIFLE, pretty sure. Looking at the ranks, there's no mention of the unlock like other weapons, so my guess is, it's a class specific weapon, which class I don't know.

As for the stats, I am quite lucky getting on the 'right' team, my win ratio is pretty damn high - I ain't gonna take any credit for it though :rofl:

As for the multiplayer problems, I haven't had that many issues beside the spawn-camping that always takes place when one team is superior and the incredible bullet lag, especially on the shotgun, you really need to fire a few ft. in front of an enemy in order to hit them, even if you are right next to them - Takes a lot getting used to. ( Though I am a beast with the Shotgun :p ) Then there's the class thing like the Spy-whatever, god that disguising is just getting on my ###### at times. Oh and yes, people really need to create squads more often, it helps a lot but no one seem to understand that.

Now my only real gripe with the controls remain, zooming on the same button used to look around with, it annoyed the hell out of me in Vegas and also does here. In tight spots I tend to push hard down on that button to gain more accurate aiming, that also means I run around like a plank with my weapon zoomed, getting shot at. With the Shotgun I just stick a flashlight in their face, I can live with that :laugh:

But let's definitely work something out this weekend, you just name the time and place! I won't be using a microphone, I tend to use my headset when playing ( Summer, open window, surround too much noise ) so can't use that as a microphone, since the microphone lead isn't long enough to reach the TV and the PS3 at the same time. Hopefully some other Neowinians will join us? We still have Clan Inomniacs up and running, so we can find each other through the Clan system (Y)

Oh and how much is the Map-pack, perhaps I can save a few quid by getting it from the US Store.

Oh I see, makes sense about the turrets. I thought it was like a 'how many turrets you can build' and you would gain additional points by killing or something, guess I was way off :laugh: And how on earth would you get 5 kills per round x 8?! I unlocked Engineer last night and gave it a whirl for a few matches. The turrets do light up and fire away but man, they can't kill anything. I placed them in pretty decent areas but their damage is just too low to be of any use ... Guess that's a 6-month project.

I looked through the 'favourite weapons' list on the stats page and found that rifle to be the HGH STA-14 RIFLE, pretty sure. Looking at the ranks, there's no mention of the unlock like other weapons, so my guess is, it's a class specific weapon, which class I don't know.

As for the stats, I am quite lucky getting on the 'right' team, my win ratio is pretty damn high - I ain't gonna take any credit for it though :rofl:

As for the multiplayer problems, I haven't had that many issues beside the spawn-camping that always takes place when one team is superior and the incredible bullet lag, especially on the shotgun, you really need to fire a few ft. in front of an enemy in order to hit them, even if you are right next to them - Takes a lot getting used to. ( Though I am a beast with the Shotgun :p ) Then there's the class thing like the Spy-whatever, god that disguising is just getting on my ###### at times. Oh and yes, people really need to create squads more often, it helps a lot but no one seem to understand that.

Now my only real gripe with the controls remain, zooming on the same button used to look around with, it annoyed the hell out of me in Vegas and also does here. In tight spots I tend to push hard down on that button to gain more accurate aiming, that also means I run around like a plank with my weapon zoomed, getting shot at. With the Shotgun I just stick a flashlight in their face, I can live with that :laugh:

But let's definitely work something out this weekend, you just name the time and place! I won't be using a microphone, I tend to use my headset when playing ( Summer, open window, surround too much noise ) so can't use that as a microphone, since the microphone lead isn't long enough to reach the TV and the PS3 at the same time. Hopefully some other Neowinians will join us? We still have Clan Inomniacs up and running, so we can find each other through the Clan system (Y)

Oh and how much is the Map-pack, perhaps I can save a few quid by getting it from the US Store.

It's ?4.79 I think, or something like that. But remember DLC is region locked, I'm 100% sure you have an EU copy? If I don't spend a lot in the pub tonight I might buy it and gameshare it with those already linked to my account, but it goes against all my morals on console DLC, so again, I might not:pp We can still have fun on the normal maps for now.

I actually find shooting from the hip to be really effective close to mid range, I only ever zoom from distance where as in some other games I might still be tempted to zoom at mid-range. Burst fire from the hip can be deadly if you get it right resulting in a headshot from the recoil. Even at distance sometimes I'll fire off a few from the hip first to see if I get lucky before crouching and attempting to pick off with a zoomed shot.

Have you picked up a sniper rifle yet? Pretty deadly, I'm sure it's one hit kill no matter where it hits? If not it pretty much is, I got about 10-11 kills within a few minutes with it:laugh::

Region locked? Damn, oh well, a bit under ?5 ain't that bad actually, Imight> pick 'em up.

I always shoot from the hip, aiming in this game just makes me loose focus completely with all the blur and weapon movement, so it's easier just to crack off a few hip shots towards the head. I do aim when it's over longer distances or they are only exposing a tiny part of their body.

I did pick up a sniper once or twice, problem is, it was in a CQB level where the sniper is beyond useless, unless you had some practice with it. I also forgot how to zoom ... again >.>

There are definitely still issues with MP, they need to patch in this friend system they are working on and also fix the saboteurs respawn grenades - When someone chucks one of them near/in a spawn room it's just chaos and annoying. It shouldn't even exist if thrown in a spawn, just disappear or something, who cares about realism of it disappearing, it's not fun having people spawn in your spawn.

Tacticians :p. Saboteurs are the spies. <3 Sab.

Pretty sure that's one of the main weapons for saboteurs.

I'm tempted to pick up the DLC tonight, will create on a new account for it if I do though for sharing as I'm unsure who is linked to my main account.

Is the Insomniacs clan still running then, was going to ask for an invite at some point if possible.

I'm tempted to pick up the DLC tonight, will create on a new account for it if I do though for sharing as I'm unsure who is linked to my main account.

Is the Insomniacs clan still running then, was going to ask for an invite at some point if possible.

I'll split some costs with you, try get another 4 people to do so. It would work out at just under ?1 each.

May seem not worth the hassle for ?4.79 but if there's ever DLC in the future for a game, the same people if interested could split again.

I'd recommend creating another PSN account for it, of course you'd need to remember the password and email for that account if you ever had to re-download, but it would save people taking up activation slots on your PS3.

I'll invite you into the clan, it's not exactly "running" but it's nice for all of NW to be tagged together.

They get kills pretty easy if you place them in the right spot. Its better is you use them in Search and Destroy, Capture and Hold. Games that have a lot of people fighting in the same place. Place the turrets high and out of grenade range and if you can place two one beside the other. I got the badge pretty quick. The one that is a joke is Air Turrets. Those things cant kill. :crazy:

I'll split some costs with you, try get another 4 people to do so. It would work out at just under ?1 each.

May seem not worth the hassle for ?4.79 but if there's ever DLC in the future for a game, the same people if interested could split again.

I'd recommend creating another PSN account for it, of course you'd need to remember the password and email for that account if you ever had to re-download, but it would save people taking up activation slots on your PS3.

I'll invite you into the clan, it's not exactly "running" but it's nice for all of NW to be tagged together.

Ok no worries will be logging on in a bit then and will set a new account for the downloads.

They get kills pretty easy if you place them in the right spot. Its better is you use them in Search and Destroy, Capture and Hold. Games that have a lot of people fighting in the same place. Place the turrets high and out of grenade range and if you can place two one beside the other. I got the badge pretty quick. The one that is a joke is Air Turrets. Those things cant kill.:crazy:y:

+(Y)Y) Flying bots are useless!!

Ok no worries will be logging on in a bit then and will set a new account for the downloads.

I'm going out just now so save us a space on the list :p I'll send ?1 your way later tonight when I'm back (if it works out we get 5 people including you, I'll send more if less). Off to the pub so I better make sure I don't send ?100 by accident once I'm hom:laugh:h:

Am downloading the DLC now, so thanks AbandonedTrolley. I hope my ?1 finds its way successfully to you!:laugh::

Probably won't have much time until Sunday to play though, only a spare 30 mins/1 hour here or there.

But next week I can start putting in some more serious hours!:DD

Whoa, just had a 4 hour session and now it's 5:30 in the morning - :|

Few things I'd like to point out; Spawn camping is horrendous in this game. Every damn game you either spawn camp 'them' or they spawn camp you, simple as. It's next to impossible to find any other game besides Body Count. I did a completely open search, Worldwide for all the other gamemodes and only one came up in Capture & Hold - Seems like Body Count is the only popular mode? Also unlocked the Assault Badge, that is great! Start with a pistol and tons of armour, plus the ability to heal and run really, really fast, my new favourite!

Whoa, just had a 4 hour session and now it's 5:30 in the morning - :|

Few things I'd like to point out; Spawn camping is horrendous in this game. Every damn game you either spawn camp 'them' or they spawn camp you, simple as. It's next to impossible to find any other game besides Body Count. I did a completely open search, Worldwide for all the other gamemodes and only one came up in Capture & Hold - Seems like Body Count is the only popular mode? Also unlocked the Assault Badge, that is great! Start with a pistol and tons of armour, plus the ability to heal and run really, really fast, my new favourite!

Sadly body count is popular as it's possibly the fastest way to rank up on there. Once you have the medal it's 3 points per kill. You could soon fly through the ranks doing that.

I normally manage to find quite a few games though that have all the missions on without too much trouble. BUT i've never been playing from 2-5am!! :p

Well, I don't really mind Body Count being the only mode since it's my favourite so far, would have been nice with some mixing after 4 hours of noting but Body Count :p Oh and I got that some time ago, so it is going well fast, already surpassed a lot of the other officers :shiftyninja:

Okay, there's an account that has been set up with myself, johhny0 and audioboxer with the DLC for this. If anyone else would like to join the group to split the cost of this and any future DLC on the game please PM me. Obviously only 2 spots left now due to the 5 activation limit.

Anyone else up for a few games this weekend? Munky sounds like he's up for it and AB showed some interest as well, would be great to round a few more so we can do an entire Neowin team. If you could, also let me know what time ( GMT +0/1 ) and day, to get as many playing as possible (Y)

Anyone else up for a few games this weekend? Munky sounds like he's up for it and AB showed some interest as well, would be great to round a few more so we can do an entire Neowin team. If you could, also let me know what time ( GMT +0/1 ) and day, to get as many playing as possible (Y)

Yup and you two guys send our brother above ?1 and get the map pack.

I'll be wanting to try the new maps out this weekend, so I don't want you two peasants not being able to:pp