[Official] Killzone 2

Yeah ?1 is fine tbh, I would assume it's the same people as that's obviously locked. I actually have two of the slots registered due to my other machine being on it too so I've no issue with paying a bit more from it.

MIWright looking from your sig it looks like you are in the US, DLC is region specific to the original game.

So, how does that sharing work? might do that with some friends for some LBP DLC

1) Get people you trust

2) Create a new 'sharing user name on the PS3' - 4 others can use the same details

3) Buy the DLC and enjoy

Just a word of warning, once bought make sure you clear out the payment details to save any issues that may occur. :)

It would be nice to have a Neowin session on Killzone 2 sometime. I've really gotten back into it since they added the High Precision control mode. I can finally hit stuff! :p

1) Get people you trust

2) Create a new 'sharing user name on the PS3' - 4 others can use the same details

3) Buy the DLC and enjoy

Just a word of warning, once bought make sure you clear out the payment details to save any issues that may occur. :)

So, I buy some DLC with a new account, a friend recovers that account on his ps3 and can download it for free? and it will work on any account on that console?

Trolley, did you say you have some slots free?

Hey red, I'm not too sure on how many slots there are to start with but I know that 5 machines have been activated on the account, which I beleive to be the limit. Someone might correct me on that though.

So, I buy some DLC with a new account, a friend recovers that account on his ps3 and can download it for free? and it will work on any account on that console?

Yes that's all there is to it :)

i must admit this multiplayer think is fun :) tried it out for the first time today!

not sure what half the stuff means yet, but hopefully i'll get there, but its like dealing with suicide bombers sometimes, and im at stage where people are now building these turrets near where you spawn! :(

i just want a medic badge, and some tropies!!!

They've just announced some more DLC called Flames and Bolts alongside a new 1.28 patch on the EU PS3 Blog. Flamethrower and Boltgun will come to MP, as well as moderators being able to enable double point events.

Was just about to post the change log, here it is anyway

On Tuesday, June 14th 2009 at 8AM Greenwich Mean Time, Guerrilla Games will release the 10th update for the visceral shooter, Killzone 2.

Patch 1.28 will be 91MB in size (316MB for Asian release) and will be released worldwide simultaneously pending a server update. There will be an anticipated server down-time of about 2 hours while the patch is rolled out and the server updates are completed and tested. The following fixes and features are included in this latest release:

• Feature -
    Code support for DLC pack III "Napalm & Cordite". The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps "Suljeva Cliffside" and "Arctower Landing"

• Feature -
    Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.

• Trophies ?
    b> New trophies added for DLC pack III "Napalm and Cordite". Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges. Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games. Moderators can now create double-points events.

• Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.

• New loading screens. Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.

• Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.

• Fix for score replication on different clients.

• Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a 'Draw'.

• Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.

• Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.

• 'High Precision Mode' now defaulting when requested.

• Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.

• Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.

• Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.

• Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when 'Join Friend' via Communications tab.
    Exploit ?
    ?? Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.<
    b>Exploit
    it ? Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.

• Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.

• Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.

• Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot)
    b>Gameplay
    play ? Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.

• Collection of minor code fixes.

• For the latest new content, news and all things Killzone, visit
    which will also reflect the changes made to the game such as being able to view Battle Replays of games played out on the new maps or being able to use the new settings to create Clan Challenges or Tournaments. Further features and fixes to
    inclu
    b>Feature
    eature - Tournaments - Full tournament functionality enabled once aga
    b>Feature
    eature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in a clan's calend
    b>Feature
    eature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in My Killzone upcoming even
    b>Feature
    eature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in clan communication cent
    b>Feature
    eature - Tournament and Clan Challenge support for DLC Pack III "Napalm & Cordite&quo
    b>Feature
    eature - Additions of sounds in Battle Repla
    b>Feature
    eature - Additional animations in Battle Replays.

• PlayStation?3 landing page updated.

• Higher selectable Bodycount values when creating Tournaments or Clan Challenges via

• Various bug-fixes and minor updates.

do you guys get disconnected quite a bit? im not sure if its because of my ps3 location or a normal thing, it doesnt happen every time, but sometimes quite abit :s

im a medic now! yeeeeeeee!

taking a page from extremists i find the suicide with a grenade can take out alot of ppl!

Also how do you kill ppl with one shot? some ppl just shoot me once and im gone for 10 dam long seconds :(

Patch is up, 90mb, apparently they've improved the medic gun. It did look pretty bad before.

Rather than being a fat, bright, straight line with some zigzag patterns on it, the reviving beam waves in the air kinda like the blotgun beam now, it's thinner and it's much more transparent, barely visible from a distance. I think they also added sparks to it. Or at least I don't recall them being so clearly visible.

They've added server details now when you're browsing your matchmaking results :)

IMG_0042.jpg

Shows maps on the right, it's cut off on my pic.

I saw the trailer of the new maps and I'm glad they included new weapons. I would love to see the lightning gun in future DLC.

It would be nice if they gave us some FREE DLC.

Yeah they've improved the MP quite a bit, added better aiming, put in a workable friends system, BUT ACTUAL CONTENT. Give me some for free Guerilla.

They gotta make back the dev costs somehow, very unlikely they'll give any away for free, at least nothing substantial.

That's their problem for spending so much, I want some free content, all 235 paid map packs does is segregate the community... (I know I'll get them all cheap due to us sharing, but many people playing KZ2 won't buy them).

Well yeah of course it's their problem, but to solve it they pass the bill onto us.

Which ironically doesn't really fix anything because DLC doesn't make itself.

Well yeah of course it's their problem, but to solve it they pass the bill onto us.

Which ironically doesn't really fix anything because DLC doesn't make itself.

When they're ripping a lot out of the SP campaign it pretty much does.