Neowin Giveaway: Windows Vista Ultimate Boxed (RED) Edition

Come on guys give the guy a break. He won fair and square within the type of competition. There is nothing wrong with "enter and win" competitions. They are quick, painless and random. Plus, is just a free giveaway and not like we are paying for it or breaking our heads up to come up with something ( if it were a creative contest for example). It sure sucks when you really want to win but don't but still, you shouldn't be discouraged and/or blame someone/something.

Moreover, I think that making a competition and based it or restrict it on numbers of post is not a good idea. There are many people here that have been around for a long time and visit the site every day and not necessarily are posting actively all the time (for many reasons). Still, doesn't make that person less of a member or visitor In my opinion. So, let's just have some fun and enjoy the site and its contents. I'm sure there will be other future giveaways /competitions that we will give us the opportunity to win :)

Congrats Chris.

+1

Congrats Chris :cool:

Wow. This makes me feel sorry for the active and contributing members (not saying that I am one), especially the subscribers.

The amount of whiners here is staggering, to all the whiners you were new once, just because he only signed up to enter a competition doesnt mean hes any less entitled to win, dont tell me youve never signed up anywhere just to enter one, i know i have.

I think it is funny that when something is being given away, people flock from all over to get their post it.

"OMG, free stuff!"

Quite pathetic, really. :p But enjoy your redness!

Congrats Chris. I hope you get great use out of Vista. I, and I hope others, fell that we do not need to win to benefit from this great web site. We all are winners by just being members and guests here. I have learned and still learning from fellow members.

I think it is funny that when something is being given away, people flock from all over to get their post it.

"OMG, free stuff!"

Quite pathetic, really. :p But enjoy your redness!

a free copy of vista ultimate is a great thing and i don't blame people for wanting it.

I agree, just a pathetic media stunt to make the numbers look better, no 'respect' for its current userbase. I don't mind lurkers as much but people signing up purely for the competition, winning and the you never see them again, lame.

To enter any contest a member should have a minimum number of posts before the contests starts, say 10 posts. That way everyone would know that the winner if a newbie, did not just join for the prize. But congrats Chis :)

To enter any contest a member should have a minimum number of posts before the contests starts, say 10 posts. That way everyone would know that the winner if a newbie, did not just join for the prize. But congrats Chis :)

I completely agree with this.

Two posts, in two post and win competitions? Clearly just hit and ran on the last comp, and will do it again. Great :/ </rant>

Nothing against Chris himself though, so congrats and enjoy :)

I wonder how many new users we will have if Windows 7 Ultimate is suddenly up for grabs.

The amount of new users and visitors to this site would make the Digg incident of last year look like peanuts. :p

Congrats to the winner btw.

I'm not complaining because personally, I don't care, but I think the Neowin handled this competition all wrong. It should be a reward for the hard working members who contribute at least occasionally. It should be an incentive to keep on posting here, and then all the other members could look and say "hey, that guy worked hard and got something out of it, maybe that could happen to me"

Giving it to someone who only joined and posted, really, to enter the competition (nothing against the winner here, like he said it was Neowins choice, not his) is a bit demoralising IMO. Just makes me think "what's the point in trying?" That's why I think the minimum post count idea would have been a much better. I'm not a sore loser but I think Neowin should have used this comp. as a prime opportunity to give back to it's more helpful and contributing members.