Earth's Creation

Earth's Creation/God  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe 'God' created Earth in 7 days? (6 days, 1 days rest)

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

How else would you explain the sun's longevity includ.. length of gamma rays and the earth's axis at the most precise incriminate.

A one and true God.

afusionTM

I really dont want to get into a huge argument about this, but who could prove it?

Do you believe 'God' created Earth in 7 days? (6 days, 1 days rest)

No because nature has not shown to be in agreeance with this claim.

How else would you explain the sun's longevity includ.. length of gamma rays and the earth's axis at the most precise incriminate.

A one and true God.

afusionTM

I'm sorry, come again? :huh:

Edited by ripgut

No. I long for the day fairy tales of superior beings having created Earth will be a thing of the past however.

A one and true God.

afusionTM

Well considering there are more star in our galaxy that there are grains of sand on the beaches of earth. Well let's just say that the chances of at least one planet having the right conditions for life and evolving life are a lot higher than you think. In fact it's more unlkely only one planet in our galaxy has the right conditions. After all there are two planet seven in our solar system that could hold life. And the other one may at some poitn have had bacterial life.

So among the billions of stars in our galaxy and sine plants do tend to like ending up in nice orbits (it's not like the dust cloud that created a star and the planets around the star will suddenly decide to create planets only outside the habitable are instead of creating them at semi uniform intervalls out form the sun), Yeah you don't need a God to explain things. unless you don't understand how life and the planets where created and how many solar systems there really are out there. Looking at it from that angle, It's actually rather arrogant to think that we are the only planets with life on it, even intelligent life.

Saying that hough, no I don't believe there are aliens visiting us with UFO's, but I do believe there are other intelligent beings out there even in our galaxy, both far more advanced and far less advanced than us. but due to the size of our playground, we may never meet them even if there are thousands of space faring aliens.

Well considering there are more star in our galaxy that there are grains of sand on the beaches of earth.

This is what I don't like about science. We will NEVER know that for real. Nobody has counted the stars, nobody has counted the sand.

Yes, science can make estimates, let's take a 10 mile cube, count all the stars in that, then multiply it by however many miles we think space really is and there's our answer.

While religion is a subject which will be debated until the end of time, I don't like it how kids are taught science is the absolute correctness in everything!

This is what I don't like about science. We will NEVER know that for real. Nobody has counted the stars, nobody has counted the sand.

Yes, science can make estimates, let's take a 10 mile cube, count all the stars in that, then multiply it by however many miles we think space really is and there's our answer.

While religion is a subject which will be debated until the end of time, I don't like it how kids are taught science is the absolute correctness in everything!

You need to give astronomy a bit more credit, but then again after you probably can say this because you've actually studied astronomy and know this to be a misleading claim?

I can see stars, I can do math, and photograph space and see the universe.

I can't see "God".

You can only complain at yourself for that. No one can tell you anything else.

afusionTM

A 10 mile cube ehh? You do know how big stars actually are, right?

I answered yes, but I think it is more complicated than just a simple yes or no question.

While I am a Christian, I don't think the Bible explains everything. I don't think God wanted us as his creation to know everything, that and man's interpretation of what God meant may have been skewed over the years.

I believe in evolution, although I'm not convinced in all of it though, but I don't think God said "Let there be light" and poof there was light, I think God set forth the events that led us to being here today.

I have other thoughts on this, but my mind is a little fried right now so I think I may end up screwing what I mean up, so I'll leave it at I don't think the Bible answers all of these questions.

No. I long for the day fairy tales of superior beings having created Earth will be a thing of the past however.

Indeed. Fairy tales are for little kids.

I can't see "God".

+1 I couldn't put it better myself.

I can't see "God".

I can't see oxygen, but I know it is there though :rolleyes:

I'll leave it at I don't think the Bible answers all of these questions.

Exactly. The Bible doesn't answer all questions. The thing is, it is very tempting to use the Bible as a science textbook when it really isn't -- yes there are "overlaps", but that's not the point.

Liquid_Oxygen.gif

I can see it.

Wrong. You're seeing bubbles caused by air in the water. You still can't see "air". You can see trees blowing in the wind caused by rushing air, but you still can't see air. I see things God created every day too, such as those trees blowing the air, and the grass that grows around them.

Wrong. You're seeing bubbles caused by air in the water. You still can't see "air". You can see trees blowing in the wind caused by rushing air, but you still can't see air. I see things God created every day too, such as those trees blowing the air, and the grass that grows around them.

Now you're just being immature.

So, what if the Bible never existed? No one ever told you about it. You grew up knowing only science. Then one day, a man told you an invisible spirit created this unthinkably vast and complex universe. Would you say "Well that sounds reasonable"?

It sounds ridiculous because it is ridiculous.