Earth's Creation

Earth's Creation/God  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe 'God' created Earth in 7 days? (6 days, 1 days rest)

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I believe that one can compliment the other, however conflict arises when either one forces itself on the other.

Thats because the bible is scientifically inaccurate.

Take the story of Noah's ark for example. It is scientifically impossible for the entire earth to flood, as there is always the same amount of water on the earth.

So tell me, what is the problem? Is it the bible? Or is it simple science that has proved earth's water level doesn't change?

Take the story of Noah's ark for example. It is scientifically impossible for the entire earth to flood, as there is always the same amount of water on the earth.

Well done captain obvious! I'm sorry for stating the obvious again, but the most dangerous side effect of global warming is, if I am not mistaken, is flooding on a global scale. cause all that ice on two polar ice caps melting might just wipe out civilisation, if allowed to continue. But that's not, that's the UN.

But no worries, the Bible says it won't happen again. I suspect will destroy itself long before, global warming melts the icecaps.

Well first of all he was Jewish :p

Second, he did, you don't need to apply a certain theology on it in order to call it a god.

Besides that is the point I am making, Einstein and many others had faith but they didn't bind them self to old religious lies.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal god and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms?it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

Also, lets remember that evolution is an unproven theory, in that it simply cannot fulfill the scientific criteria.

I'm sorry for being wrong, but the scientific method clearly states that for something to be stated as a fact, has to fulfill certain criteria. Least of which is that it can be repeated and observed. There is nothing repeatable about the big bang, or observed - It is simply a hypotheses used to explain away God.

I'm sorry for being wrong, but the scientific method clearly states that for something to be stated as a fact, has to fulfill certain criteria. Least of which is that it can be repeated and observed. There is nothing repeatable about the big bang, or observed - It is simply a hypotheses used to explain away God.

Thanks for not reading the 2nd link. Nature explains away god, we just point that out.

Thanks for not reading the 2nd link. Nature explains away god, we just point that out.

xD, are you for real? He doesn't agree with you! He doesn't agree with science way of stuff.

Well done captain obvious! I'm sorry for stating the obvious again, but the most dangerous side effect of global warming is, if I am not mistaken, is flooding on a global scale. cause all that ice on two polar ice caps melting might just wipe out civilisation, if allowed to continue. But that's not, that's the UN.

But no worries, the Bible says it won't happen again. I suspect will destroy itself long before, global warming melts the icecaps.

As far as I know, Noah was about 600 years old when the flood happened. Which would date back to around ~2500 BC, I don't think any major icecaps were melting back then. :rolleyes:

And like I said, the water would have to be 22 feet deep over Mt. Everest. (According to the bible.) Not possible. If all of the polar ice caps melted in the world, the sea levels would rise about ~250 feet.

Ok then, new example just for you.

It isn't possible for 2 of every animal species to fit on an ark. Scientifically impossible.

What is the problem? The Bible, or science?

It isn't possible for 2 of every animal species to fit on an ark. Scientifically impossible

You should check out the size of the ark online. And besides, he could have brought them as small and young animals or even eggs.

As far as I know, Noah was about 600 years old when the flood happened. Which would date back to around ~2500 BC, I don't think any major icecaps were melting back then. rolleyes.gif

You never know, and also said it rained also.

And like I said, the water would have to be 22 feet deep over Mt. Everest. (According to the bible.) Not possible. If all of the polar ice caps melted in the world, the sea levels would rise about ~250 feet.

How do you know how big the icecaps were back then?

You've observed God? I mean completely literally, saw him. Not saw his exploits or creations, him. Or heaven, or hell, or Jesus, or anything in the bible.

Everything in the bible is unproveable and farfetched. There's no way to even remotely scew the facts to make the Bible seem legit.

However, there are hundreds of thousands of books, classes, documents, etc. that can calculate the universe and just about every action that takes place in it.

Big bang, expanding space, gas was created, meteors, planets, etc. It was all discovered.

Invisible man named God? A virgin woman having a baby? An afterlife? Jesus coming back on Easter? Just silly little stories people created out of fear and ignorance.

That is the point.

The amount of water on the earth doesn't change.

So it doesn't matter how much ice there is / isn't, even if all of the polar ice caps melted the ocean would only be about 250 feet higher than it is now.

Regardless, the bible states that the oceans rose about 15 cubits higher than any mountain, so about 20 feet. Not possible, simple as that.

You should check out the size of the ark online. And besides, he could have brought them as small and young animals or even eggs.

Do you know how many species there are on earth? Please look it up. You'll be embarrassed.

Well, rain comes from bodies of water on Earth, so therefore it's the same water going down, so therefore it cannot increase.

You've observed God? I mean completely literally, saw him. Not saw his exploits or creations, him. Or heaven, or hell, or Jesus, or anything in the bible.

Everything in the bible is unproveable and farfetched. There's no way to even remotely scew the facts to make the Bible seem legit.

However, there are hundreds of thousands of books, classes, documents, etc. that can calculate the universe and just about every action that takes place in it.

Big bang, expanding space, gas was created, meteors, planets, etc. It was all discovered.

Invisible man named God? A virgin woman having a baby? An afterlife? Jesus coming back on Easter? Just silly little stories people created out of fear and ignorance.

Look he already explained all of this stuff. Big bang and all that. You can't repeat it to proove it again. The Bible says everything about God. Try some Elen White's books also.

You're an idiot. There are millions and millions of species in the world.

Yes, we do know. We have fields of study that deal with Earth's climate history. Study some geology and you'll understand why we know it.

Because we have well established techniques to predict how the climate changes and has changed in the past, because every single of those changes leaves traces and evidence behind. People study that evidence and draw conslusions.

Who explained all that?

God created planets, galaxies, hydrogen, oxygen, lithium, ion, electrons, protons, nuetrons, dirt, worms, lemons, love, rape, the sun, ice caps?

One guy created all that? Not science, chemicals, evolution, science? Really? Really an invisible spirit did all that? Where did that spirit come from?

So, God created people, and people somehow on their own, thought up the concept of God? Like he's asking for credit? So he implants himself in their head?

Yeah?

Look he already explained all of this stuff. Big bang and all that. The Bible says everything about God. You can't repeat it to proove it again. Try some Elen White's books also.

I can't prove things like the big bang happened, and I won't force that belief on anyone. Each is allowed to his own.

Now I ask you, aside from the belief you have in God creating the Earth, do you have any kind of tangible proof to back it up? Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, just asking.

I can't prove things like the big bang happened, and I won't force that belief on anyone. Each is allowed to his own.

Now I ask you, aside from the belief you have in God creating the Earth, do you have any kind of tangible proof to back it up? Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, just asking.

Wow, there's a sensible and actually not ignorant person here?

I believe the Bible, there has been proofs about it, check out amazingfacts.org they have videos and all that to show you proof, might take a while to get through all of them though, but if you really want some proof go to that site. Or also try adventist.org to see what I believe in. I'm also not forcing any belief on anyone here either, I'm telling you what I believe. Its just that this world today has many disagreements and all that, so there will always be arguments on these and other topics.

Wow, there's a sensible and actually not ignorant person here?

I believe the Bible, there has been proofs about it, check out amazingfacts.org they have videos and all that to show you proof, might take a while to get through all of them though, but if you really want some proof go to that site. Or also try adventist.org to see what I believe in. I'm also not forcing any belief on anyone here either, I'm telling you what I believe. Its just that this world today has many disagreements and all that, so there will always be arguments on these and other topics.

Hey man. I want to know what you believe. Not what these websites tell you. You know? Those are sites websites, crap. Why don't you tell me, from your mind, what you believe.

You seem to be well read and mature. So you should have the ability to form a paragraph about your beliefs, instead of telling everyone to go away, and go to this website which means nothing to us.

Also, do you feel comfortable saying the Earth is only 6000 years old, when there are so many things disproving that fact? Not theories or opinions, hard, proven facts and objects that prove that fact completely incorrect. How can you continue to believe that?

Thanks for participating in this topic, too.

Hey man. I want to know what you believe. Not what these websites tell you. You know? Those are sites websites, crap. Why don't you tell me, from your mind, what you believe.

I believe in the Bible, when I first became a Seventh-day Adventist, I was told these proofs that the Bible exists. These sites just tell you the proofs that they tell everyone who's interested.

Instead of telling everyone to go away, and go to this website which means nothing to us.

The reason I redirect you to these websites is that if I collect and write all the proofs here, it will end up being a book. And besides, people paste links to science stuff too, so why can't I?

Also, do you feel comfortable saying the Earth is only 6000 years old?

Yes, if you manage to believe the things the Bible says to you, you can go into detail and count up the years of how long, pople lived, when they died, when new people were born. These years would add up to 4000 to 4500 to Jesus' birth.

Thanks for participating in this topic, too.

:)

The melting of the polar ice caps would not have a great effect on the sea level.

Make yourself a cup of water and fill it half-way with ice. With the ice in it, measure the height of the water. Once the ice melts, measure again. As you'll see, the water level has lowered. Water takes up more space as a solid than as a liquid. (Inside a freezer, the water inside a coke can will expand as it solidifies and bust open the can.) Now, do the same experiment but have so much ice in the cup that it will touch the bottom. This time, the water level will either stay the same or rise. This is because the ice above the water doesn't displace the water, but it will once it melts.

Hence, we have a mechanism for lowering the water level and for raising it. Both mechanisms will occur in nature. The polar ice that touches the bottom, and hence has the uppermost ice not displacing water, will melt and increase the amount of water in the oceans; however, the ice that was inside the water takes up more space in its solid form, so it will displace less water once it has melted, meaning that it will have the tendency of lowering the water level, and hence counter-acting the melting of the uppermost ice. The sea level could rise or fall perhaps a foot or so, but the difference wouldn't be much.

The predicted sea level rise?which is not nearly as much as you allude to?will occur not because of the melting of the ice caps, but rather because of the greater heat over the continents and other large land masses. The heat will cause greater evaporation of pond water, lake water, river water, and soil moisture. That evaporated water will get captured by a cloud, which will get blown out toward the oceans, where they release the water. That will cause the water level to rise, so the coastal regions will get wetter, but the land masses themselves will become drier as a result of water evaporation.

The sea level will rise as a result of global warming, but it most certainly will not be "flooding on a global scale" that could "wipe out civilization", ala a second Noachian Deluge. The sea level rise is predicted to be just a few meters, if I recall correctly. I don't know where you get your information about global warming and climate change, but it's not a reputable source.

Concerning the Noachian Deluge story: it is a story and nothing more. The geologic column, as found in its entirety in North Dakota, proves definitively a worldwide flood never occurred, as shown by the Christian petroleum geophysicist Glenn Morton. Literary parallels exist between the Noachian Deluge story and the Epic of Gilgamesh, which preceded it in a nearby location. The Epic of Gilgamesh, in turn, stems from stories about a river flooding in Shurrupak circa 2700 BCE (for which he have sedimentary, radiocarbon dating, and historiographical evidence) involving a King Ziasudra, who protected his belongings and animals during the local flood by placing them on a barge. The sedimentary, radiocarbon dating, historiographical, geologic column, and literary parallel evidence all converge on the same conclusion: the Noachian Deluge story exists because of cultural transmission and exaggeration, not because it records something that actually happened.