[Football] Summer 2009 transfer thread

So the season is not over yet and we are already hearing rumors of summer transfers.. I think it is about time we had this thread..

Here's the first one I came across..

Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed there is interest in highly-rated midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta amid reports that Arsenal are leading the chase.

The 23-year-old was being tracked by Portsmouth earlier in the season, but he shunned possible interest from the South Coast club.

Now the Swiss star has reportedly emerged as one of Arsene Wenger's primary targets for the summer.

Bayer, who would want in excess of ?12million for Barnetta, insisted they want to try and extend his contract - which has 18 months to run.

"There are enquiries for Tranquillo all the time and we have been talking about this with him," Leverkusen sporting manager Michael Reschke told Express - who claim Arsenal have made contact with Bayer.

Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye has expressed his delight at learning that Premier League club Arsenal are interested in acquiring his services.

The 23-year-old is highly-rated by regular followers of Ligue 1 having scored 13 goals in 107 appearances since making his debut for Les Dogues in the 2003/04 campaign.

It is claimed that Gunners manager Arsene Wenger is considering making an end-of-season bid for the France under-21 international, although it is unknown as to what transfer fee the midfielder would command.

"I will try to finish the season well with the objective of a European qualification. Then I will take stock," Cabye told Aujourd'hui Sport.

"Arsenal's interest? It is very flattering, but I am under contract and I don't know of any contact. Once again I am completely focused on the pitch.

"Would I be attracted? Of course, no one could refuse that. Anyway, I don't think about it."

Aaaah.. another under 21?!

I think it is more likely Man City will buy Villa as Ambromovich seems relectant to invest in the current financial climate.

Liverpool have been linked with Albiol, and as it looks like Agger is on his way out and (possibly, hopefully not) Hyypia, it would be a good move for the mooted ?13 million quid.

Then again, Liverpool are skint and it is more likely we will have to put up with months of turmoil this summer as we try and get rid of the Yanks.

Valencia vice-president Fernando Gomez revealed on Wednesday that the club had begun negotiations with Manchester City for the sale of David Villa.

Spanish daily AS has now reported that the opening round of talks did not go down very well, as City?s Arab backers refused to entertain Los Che?s exorbitant asking price, believed to be ?100 million.

It has been reported that Valencia are eager to complete Villa?s sale some time next week, as they are in dire need of ?75 million before July to pay off their debts.

Real Madrid will install a new president and administration this summer and even though none of the potential candidates have yet to officially submit their candidature, some sections of the Spanish press are not only predicting Florentino Perez will win, but there are already speculations as to who he would sign when he takes office.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka have always been on top of the virtual shopping list and they still are, but now two more names have been added to the mix. And they are none other than Madrid?s Champions League tormentors, Liverpool duo Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso.

Ronaldo? Probably

Kaka? Don't think so.

Gerrard? No chance in hell!

Xabi? I think so.. especially if Rafa goes.

Salomon Kalou has been linked with a move to Arsenal of late, and two Gunners stars have now strengthened the link. Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure would both love to see their Ivory Coast team-mate join them in north London, where he'd be 'happier'...

Arsenal first-team coach Boro Primorac has revealed that the club have been monitoring the progress of Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko.

The 22-year-old striker has been in impressive form for the Die Wolfe this season, scoring 13 goals in 22 appearances to help the club reach second place in the Bundesliga.

"We [will] keep our eyes on him," Primorac is quoted as saying in German sports magazine Kicker-Sportmagazin.

"He is a striker able to make it in the Premier League."

It is thought that Spanish club Sevilla are also interested in the Bosnia-Herzegovina international, who has scored 6 goals in 13 caps, although Wolfsburg appear determined to keep hold of him.

"Edin is under contract for two more years and likes being at Wolfsburg," his agent Alen Augustincic is quoted as saying.

"We are hoping they will win participation in the Champions League for next season."

Manager Felix Magath remarked, "We want to keep our team at our club, as many players as possible. I am confident Dzeko will be a Wolfsburg player next season, too."

'Cmon guys and any ladies interested in football :p

No rumors??! Post here!!

About villa, Spanish press have quoted his agent saying that he's not leaving la liga next year, and Barcelona should try to get him if Eto'o doesn't extend his contract.

hope to see him in Bar?a next year, with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta behind him, he will scooooooore:pp

About villa, Spanish press have quoted his agent saying that he's not leaving la liga next year, and Barcelona should try to get him if Eto'o doesn't extend his contract.

hope to see him in Bar?a next year, with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta behind him, he will scooooooore:pp

:|| that will be some buy for Barca!!

Ronaldo? Probably

His recent declaration let us think hes is gonna stay at United. And the way Real Madrid plays in the Champions League might scared him, but not in good sporting way. ;)

Benzema stays at Lyon, for how long we don't know. Probably one more year.

Sport, a spanish paper reported that Florentino Perez will be candidate to be Real Madrid President and his planing to bring 6 player : Kaka, C. Ronaldo, Gerrard, Villa, Xabi Alonso and Silva or Torres (most of them quite improbable if you ask me). he want to bring back Real to the first class and the winning path.

And for bar?a, ther is the rumor that they have a deal with Ribery for next year, Messi, Eto'o/Villa, Ribery in the front me likes!

I've heard a rumour going round lately that Arsenal fans will love.

Apparently Liverpool might make a move for Theo Walcott in the summer. The fella has just over a year left on his contract, and Arsenal may not make the Champions League next season...and with there being a World Cup in 2010. Plus, he is a Liverpool fan...

• 3 weeks later...
Despite Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli denying that the club has been contacted by Chelsea over the availability of striker David Trezeguet, the player’s agent has insisted that his client’s future could indeed lie in England.

“A divorce could suit both parties,” Antonio Caliendo told Tuttosport. “David is now only focussed on the Scudetto race as he wants to catch Inter and does not want to think about anything else.

“But Chelsea and three other important English sides have targeted David and I can’t deny that he would gladly move to England. He likes the Premier League and could excel there.”

The 31-year-old’s contract will run out in 2011, however, he fell out with coach Claudio Ranieri after being substituted during a Champions League game against Chelsea last month and could decide to seek a fresh start at the end of the season.

“We will talk with the Juve directors,” continued the representative. “We have an excellent rapport with them and I don’t need to hide anything from them.

“They are aware of this situation, but they also want to just focus on the Scudetto at the moment. That is why we will discuss the matter in due time.”

An oldie but a goodie? :p I think Trezeguet will fail the same way Shevchenko did.. not a good choice..

Rumours about Cesc Fabregas? future continue to emerge, despite the player continually pledging his loyalty to Arsenal and the club?s chief, Ivan Gazidis, again reiterating that the superstar Spaniard is not for sale.

But Spanish daily AS has reported that numerous sources in the English press believe that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger could line-up Real Madrid's Fernando Gago as a replacement for Fabregas should he decide to swap the Emirates for the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

Gago has supposedly attracted plenty of admirers in England with his playing style and he would have no problems fitting in with Arsenal?s brand of football as a direct substitute for Cesc.

It has also been claimed that a few other clubs are keeping a close eye on the Argentine?s progress, including Manchester City, who have reportedly considered making an offer for the 22-year-old.

Here we go again!

Manchester United winger and current Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo has allegedly agreed personal terms with persistent suitors Real Madrid.

The Guardian claims that the Portuguese international is eager to move to the Spanish capital, despite his eventual admission last summer that he was to remain at Old Trafford.

The English source states further that the player's advisors have already secured for him favourable terms and wages at the Santiago Bernabeu, and all that is left is to find an agreement with the English club.

While these reports find little backup in the Spanish press, this may be because, unlike last summer's frenzy of publicity, those involved have made a concerted effort to keep matters quiet.

Almost all have done so, but as long ago as December a Madrid director, Pedro Trapote, was heard proclaiming that the Blancos had "already signed" their top summer target. "Cristiano - there is no other," said the long-time club socio.

Interestingly, The Guardian further claims that Ronaldo is quietly determined not to be denied a transfer this summer, despite Sir Alex Ferguson's vocal protestations that Real Madrid of all teams will not be laying a finger on one of his top assets.

Cristiano Ronaldo is under contract until 2012, and as such can only move for a fee. The figure mooted for this transfer is no less than ?75m (?82m) - an undisputed world record.

Of course it will.

I just hope he goes to Real Madrid so everyone shuts up about it.

Lets hope so but you know what the Summer is going to be tho, Ronaldo to Madrid and Fabregas to Barca the 2 big gossip stories of the summer but I think 1 of those will happen.

Fernando Torres to Real Madrid? That is like Jamie Carragher joining Man Utd.

:laugh: Torres is a true red, I can't see him leaving us for an inferior team

I've heard a rumour going round lately that Arsenal fans will love.

Apparently Liverpool might make a move for Theo Walcott in the summer. The fella has just over a year left on his contract, and Arsenal may not make the Champions League next season...and with there being a World Cup in 2010. Plus, he is a Liverpool fan...

That would be certainly interesting. With him, Babel, Torres, and Stevie in the same starting 11 there's enough leg power to run any defense totally ragged

Of course it will.

I just hope he goes to Real Madrid so everyone shuts up about it.

So do I. Seeing the back of that arrogant, self-absorbed diving pansy would give me an untold amount of pleasure