[Football] Summer 2009 transfer thread

Gareth Barry is undergoing a medical with Manchester City ahead of his proposed move from Aston Villa, Sky Sports News understands.

City are reported to have agreed a fee of ?11million with their Premier League rivals, with Barry's current contract due to expire at the end of next season.

Barry is almost a Citizen.. meaning Liverpool can't get him now.. meaning Xabi most probably won't leave..

Here we go again.. Perez hints he wants Ronaldo..

"I don't know anything about the story of Cristiano Ronaldo. I only just took charge," he told television programme '59 segundos'. "But what I am sure of is that which seems expensive is sometimes the cheapest.

"In my last era the cheapest was [Zinedine] Zidane, who seemed very expensive because we paid €73 million for him.

"Without knowing who we can get, there will be a massive effort for the great players of the world, because that is the Real Madrid model."

Perez laughed off suggestions that Ronaldo's fierce temper could hinder him at the Bernabeu.

"I have not seen anything about him that would prohibit him from playing at Real Madrid," he added. "I have seen him get angry because he wants to win and [because of] his competitive spirit.

"The information I have on him says that he is an example on the pitch, a model professional."

Edited by Kralik

That's pretty sad seeing as his original reason for wanting to leave was lack of success. He is just moving from mid table club to another, but if all he wants is money, looks like hes found the right home.

Liverpool's owners should have taken the offer from DiC, the current owners are in a lot of debt, and simply cannot outspend the rich teams, it is getting beyond a joke really

Former Portsmouth boss Tony Adams says he is in the frame to become the new Celtic manager should the club appoint Wim Jansen as technical director.

Adams said Celtic approached Jansen, who recommended him. But a club source has denied Adams is a candidate.

"When Celtic approached Wim he very kindly said that Tony Adams was the man they needed to go and get," said Adams.

"I'm very interested. I do love winning things, so it does appeal but as of yet, no phone calls."

"I really appreciate and I'm really thankful that there are people in the game who are batting for me and putting me up for the jobs," said Adams.

"By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment.

"As long as you have the final say of who comes in and out, these people are your help in the boardroom.

"I never had that at Portsmouth. It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50% chance of winning something up there."

Source

Going to Man City is a backwards step from Villa, who will not be on Villa's level for the next year or two at least.

It is all about the money.

I would think they'd start with a new manager if they are seriously considering challenging the top 4.. yeah.. its all abt the money.. they have high ambitions..sure. But have to do a lot still.. they should also get Juninho.. he is a scorer of wonderful goals.. that will give them a cutting edge.. though he's 34.. lets see how many more they sign after Barry..

I would think they'd start with a new manager if they are seriously considering challenging the top 4.. yeah.. its all abt the money.. they have high ambitions..sure. But have to do a lot still.. they should also get Juninho.. he is a scorer of wonderful goals.. that will give them a cutting edge.. though he's 34.. lets see how many more they sign after Barry..

Don't know if they sign Juhinho they should go for Rivaldo :p

Man City will spend big I feel this summer like, ?20 each I bet but I am still stunned at the ?12m for Barry seeing as Villa asked ?18m last year.

--

Barry was delighted to make the move to City and he believes there is a lot of potential at the club.

"I'm delighted to be joining City. It didn't take much persuasion from Mark Hughes, they are heading in the direction I want to go," Barry told the club's official website.

"There is great potential here, and I'm sure there will be a few more additions to the squad this summer." (Sky Sports[/b]/b>)

Brazilian playmaker Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a ?56m deal, Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reports. (Agence France Presse 1956 BST)

:oo

Brazilian playmaker Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a ?56m deal, Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reports. (Agence France Presse 1956 BST)

:oo

Don't believe a word of it at the moment. Spanish media are some of the biggest bull****ters in football. If it's confirmed on Sky Sports or BBC then yeah, it's true, but I can't see it happening. Kaka has told clubs to leave him alone, he doesn't want to leave Milan.

Don't believe a word of it at the moment. Spanish media are some of the biggest bull****ters in football. If it's confirmed on Sky Sports or BBC then yeah, it's true, but I can't see it happening. Kaka has told clubs to leave him alone, he doesn't want to leave Milan.

I got it from BBC it was scrolling on their front page but yeah I agree total BS unless its reported elsewhere

Sky Sports are reporting on the rumour as well:

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser is reporting Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a ?65million (?56million) deaalthough his spokesman has countered that while an approach has been made no agreement has yet been struck./b>

Real Madrid have agreed a €65m fee with AC Milan for Kaka, according to Cadena SER radio station.

The Brazilian has been linked with a move to the Spanish giants for years, but with former president Florentino Perez once again taking control this week, speculation has reached fever pitch.

Now, sources in Spain report that the conditions have been agreed, and Cadena SER asserts that the €65m price tag is agreed by all parties.

All that remains now are some personal matters to attend to with Kaka, who is set to earn €9m a year (€175,000 a week) for the next five seasons.

The 27-year-old is on international duty as Brazil prepare to take on Uruguay this weekend, meaning that he cannot be present to physically sign a deal in Madrid for now. (Goal)

---

It could happen, surprised Chelsea haven't come in for him especially with Ancelotti

(Y) I was just reading a report of BBC saying he wants to stay at Milan.. doesn't want Madrid or Chelsea.. I don't believe this unless Sky, Setanta or BBC confirm this..

He said this morning..

"I say it for the last time. I don't want to leave Milan."

"In this period I prefer to remain silent because I don't want to be misunderstood," he(Kaka) added.

"To the millions of Milan supporters, I say that I have made my choice. I want to stay."

Edited by Kralik

Meanwhile more City news..

"I made an agreement with Manchester City and will work as a coach," Tugay told Turkish TV station NTV.

"To work there will be a huge step for me. When I feel strong enough, then I will begin to work as a technical director."

Source

phew.. this transfer window is already so frantic!!!! :omg:

what financial crisis? :p

Edited by Kralik

Here's one more from Spain :)

Liverpool and Real Madrid have reached an agreement over Xabi Alonso, and the player will be presented next week, according to reports.

According to Sport, the two clubs have settled on terms and all the remains is the player's signature. The initial transfer fee is ?25 million, but the fee could increase depending on whether or not Liverpool can come to an agreement with Gabriel Heinze, who could be part of the deal.

(Y) I was just reading a report of BBC saying he wants to stay at Milan.. doesn't want Madrid or Chelsea.. I don't believe this unless Sky, Setanta or BBC confirm this..

He said this morning..

This morning and tonight 2 different times :p

This morning and tonight 2 different times :p

Ofcourse but he can't say one thing in the morning and do the exact opposite the same night.. thats a bit too hypocritical for someone who truly likes the club he plays for.. besides he's getting ready for a friendly.. this just isn't true.. how many times we read.. Ronaldo to Madrid: Done!! and headlines like that from Spanish press last year? Its just a pack of lies.. for now :)

Ofcourse but he can't say one thing in the morning and do the exact opposite the same night.. thats a bit too hypocritical for someone who truly likes the club he plays for.. besides he's getting ready for a friendly.. this just isn't true.. how many times we read.. Ronaldo to Madrid: Done!! and headlines like that from Spanish press last year? Its just a pack of lies.. for now :)

Yeah of course we need Madrid to confirm or Milan but I heard on sky the bid has been made so that's true but thats like 5% of the transfer done.

Milan braced for Kaka departure

AC Milan are struggling to keep hold of star midfielder Kaka as reports emerged that Real Madrid had agreed a world record ?56m transfer for the Brazilian.

"I don't know if we'll be able to keep Kaka at Milan because they offer him so much money," said club owner Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

Chelsea, whose new manager is former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, have also been linked with the 27-year-old.

Kaka's father and agent was in Madrid to seal the deal, according to reports.

As well as Kaka's father Bosco Leite, AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani was also in Madrid, though Milan insisted that was because he had been invited to a dinner for the election of Florentino Perez as Real Madrid's new president.

Earlier this year Kaka rejected a ?100m transfer and a reported wage offer of ?500,000 a week to Manchester City and in an interview on Tuesday the Brazilian told Gazzetta dello Sport he wanted to stay with the Serie A club.

In January Berlusconi admitted the scale of City's offer made it difficult for the club to keep hold of the Brazilian.

Returning Real president Perez was previously in charge of the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 during the famous Galacticos era that resulted in the spending of large fees to bring the likes of Ronaldo, David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane, for a world record ?46m, to the club.

Perez's comeback is on the back of a pledge to relaunch another Galacticos era, with Kaka one of his chief targets.

When Ancelotti was confirmed as the new Chelsea manager on Monday he was immediately linked with Kaka as part of reported ambitious spending plans of his own, which are also thought to include Kaka's Milan teammate Alexandre Pato.

The 49-year-old Italian, who officially takes over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July, hinted at a potential move, and stated: "There is one player I would like to take but I cannot take him with me."

Kaka, the Fifa 2007 World Player of the Year, joined Milan from Sao Paolo in September 2003.

The deal with Madrid is reportedly for five years, with a salary worth ?7m a year.

Galliani has reiterated recently that Milan might find it difficult to turn down offers for their prize Brazilian assets.

"We have had requests for Kaka and Pato from two of Europe's biggest clubs and we will try and resist but there is an uneven playing field," said Galliani. (BBC[/b]C)