NeowinCAST Gamers Edition

Just listened to it again, it's just that good (Y)

Oh and Larry, "Yeah, no one's home", had me in stitches :rofl:

LOL I barely remember even saying that, although I am sure I did because it is how I feel. (Y)

And in regards to PC games, without a doubt they will also get reviewed of course, but the big issue is just like Jonny I am not an RTS or RPG player, so that right there wipes out most new PC releases and me playing them. I mean of course any other genre will get covered, but that is a pretty large part of the the PC scene right now. Really all you would be getting from he is if they looked good and how many frames per second they ran, not if they were actually a good game or not as I would not really know (well I would know a little, I am downplaying it a bit,) so just saying not my field of "expertise" whatsoever.

So that is something for sure interesting and what we need to keep in mind for the third anchor... PC experience with genres we both don't like. :laugh:

And again, thanks for all of the comments, seriously beyond much appreciated.

Aww, a shame - I would love to hear some opinions on those games, hopefully you'll do ArmA 2 once it's released, 'else I might have to find my pitchfork and farmers hat :laugh: Hopefully the third addition to the team will cover those bases then! On another note, how's the next show coming along, still in the planning phase or can we expect something before / by the end of the weekend?

Aww, a shame - I would love to hear some opinions on those games, hopefully you'll do ArmA 2 once it's released, 'else I might have to find my pitchfork and farmers hat :laugh: Hopefully the third addition to the team will cover those bases then! On another note, how's the next show coming along, still in the planning phase or can we expect something before / by the end of the weekend?

We're hoping to record a show early next week. Larry is having some issues with his iMac right now and I haven't had much chance to game this past week, hopefully that'll change real soon! But yes, a new show is in the planning stages.

As you mentioned, we are looking to fill the third seat and maybe even have the occasional guest member on the show. As I've said previously, we have a lot of plans for both the podcast and the gamers section in general but things will just take a little time. So please bear with us as this isn't (unfortunately) our full time job.

In other news, we are now on iTunes (link opens iTunes). So please subscribe and spread the word if you haven't already done so :)

I put this on my phone and listened to it at school. It definitely made my day incalculably less boring. Great job guys. Here's to more and better podcasts! :)

Woop for the iTunes link, I've just subscribed. :D

So are we still looking for some nice album art/logo for the show?

It's being worked on. But if you want to rustle something up, go ahead :)

I can't wait to read what people make of my accent lol, be gentle! :p

Was a lot of fun though, looking forward to the next one (Y)

By accent he means slurring due to alcohol....

Only pint I was drinking was water in case my throat dried up with nerves :p

I'm fine talking with both the guys cause we talk on XBL a lot already, but being recorded is weird.

I'm fine talking with both the guys cause we talk on XBL a lot already, but being recorded is weird.

So you were drinking shots?

Also if being recorded is weird I don't think you can have my babies anymore.

I look forward to hearing the Munky! :p

I look forward to hearing the Munky! :p

I expected some sort of hard core scottish accent, but when we all first went on Killzone 2 and he was on, well, was less manly than I thought it was going to be. :p

Looking forward to hearing it Munky!

Will sound natural to me, I'm surrounded by the Scots :wub:

Although it will be slightly jarring at first just like it always is when you have an American/British accent crossover :p

DL is usually all chilled and relaxed, us British (Scots especially) tend to speak much faster or use a lot of slang no one understands. You better have represented the Scottish dialect!

Like aye man totally man, yer maw said naw :rofl:

Edited by Audioboxer

Looking forward to hearing it Munky!

Will sound natural to me, I'm surrounded by the Scots :wub:

Although it will be slightly jarring at first just like it always is when you have an American/British accent crossover :p

DL is usually all chilled and relaxed, us British (Scots especially) tend to speak much faster or use a lot of slang no one understands. You better have represented the Scottish dialect!

Like aye man totally man, yer maw said naw :rofl:

He better not have overdone it with the Scottish accent. Some of us non-native speakers would love to get a grasp of what he's saying.

(Yes, I've spoken to native Scots before. Yes, I had a hard time understanding them.)