NeowinCAST Gamers Edition

Sad attempt at a revival. :p Little surprised actually that the thread hasn't kept going here since the podcast relaunched. But anyway, #7 has just been released: https://www.neowin.net/news/neowincast-gaming-007---feb-17-kickstarter-edition

Is there still the possibility of guest hosts in future editions? I'd be more than up for it, and I've got alright recording equipment. ;)

It's good to read that people actually listen to the podcasts that we do, so thanks.

We're seriously thinking about doing the podcast live via Ustream, possibly with a trial run next podcast. After that happens we can definitely think about including guest speakers to speak about whatever, and depending on our technical set-up we also might be able to do live gameplay streams.

Also, if you are a fan of the podcast we would really appreciate you spreading the word about it, especially after it goes live because when that happens user interaction and all that cool stuff is possible :)

Sad attempt at a revival. :p Little surprised actually that the thread hasn't kept going here since the podcast relaunched. But anyway, #7 has just been released: http://www.neowin.ne...starter-edition

Is there still the possibility of guest hosts in future editions? I'd be more than up for it, and I've got alright recording equipment. ;)

Yeah as Tim as pointed out, we will be switching over to doing a Live Podcast in the next episode or two. We literally pretty much record live right now anyway, so we want to see how things go when we switch over to live, which then gives us the opportunity to have interaction with the listeners, etc., so as far as we see things we are literally just getting started. This is something we plan on continuing, and it will carry over to Neogamr when it launches as well.

• 2 weeks later...

loved the new podcast. great review on the Vita, time and $$ are the only thing stopping me from picking it up. I wonder how much $$ I can get for my DS lite..lol. Def feel the same when it comes to MOH series. I can still play a quick game of the original MOH (+spear head) and have a ton of fun -game is obviously dated graphic wise but some great gameplay *true classic" as far as I am concerned. Ill check out every game they release but chances are slim I will end up purchasing.

loved the new podcast. great review on the Vita, time and $$ are the only thing stopping me from picking it up. I wonder how much $$ I can get for my DS lite..lol. Def feel the same when it comes to MOH series. I can still play a quick game of the original MOH (+spear head) and have a ton of fun -game is obviously dated graphic wise but some great gameplay *true classic" as far as I am concerned. Ill check out every game they release but chances are slim I will end up purchasing.

Thanks for listening bro, much appreciated.

And no doubt with MOH. I actually have high hopes for this new one the more I think about it.

Gave the first portion of the latest podcast a listen on the way to work today. Nice to hear the glowing reviews on the Vita. I'll be getting Uncharted today, hopefully I don't have the same issues as you, Larry. Sounds like you really hated the touch stuff lol.

Gave the first portion of the latest podcast a listen on the way to work today. Nice to hear the glowing reviews on the Vita. I'll be getting Uncharted today, hopefully I don't have the same issues as you, Larry. Sounds like you really hated the touch stuff lol.

Thanks for listening. (Y)

And as I think I said about Uncharted, I just feel the touch stuff was added into the game simply to have touch stuff, and not because it enhanced the gaming experience. I hear later on in the game it is not as bad, but I thought it was that corny/cheesy that as of now I gave up on playing it (I literally send it back to Gamefly when I thought there would be a good chance I may decide to purchase it from them). I just feel there are better games to play on the Vita for my personal taste. Seems others love the game though, so hope you do dig it. I hate to see people waste their money on games, definitely. (Y)

Yeah I'm sure I'll be able to get over the touch controls as I'm a big Uncharted fan and know that the latter half of the game is better. I've been playing mainly pick up and play type games (Stardust, HSG, Lumines) so I've been itching for a 'bigger' game to dig into. I'm also getting Rayman at some point this week and i know you've been enjoying that, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Wish I could have joined in on this, but it was during my commute home from work. Are you guys planning to do it at the same time every other week?

Have to start listening again. I used to listen to hours of gaming podcasts a week until I hit time constraints, and then catching up seemed a chore. The length of this podcast is ideal for me these days, not as long as the GB/1UP marathons I used to chill out to (1.5-3 hours :p).

Good podcast once again. :) Although I did skip a few minutes to avoid any Mass Effect 3 spoilers. :p

Also, boo for the beta being NA only! ;)

Good podcast once again. :) Although I did skip a few minutes to avoid any Mass Effect 3 spoilers. :p

Also, boo for the beta being NA only! ;)

Thanks for listening. It really is appreciated. And I do think Tim did a fairly good job of not completely spoiling ME3, but yeah, you were probably better off avoiding those few minutes just in case.

And hopefully one day soon we can get something that is for the non NA listeners. Definitely.

^ I'd happily settle for a guest spot on a future podcast, although I'd have some difficulty being able to chat at midnight (noise-wise; I'm always up beyond that time :p ) if 7PM ET is your usual time. :laugh: