NeowinCAST Gamers Edition

The show will be available later tonight. Guaranteed.

Well lets not make any guarantees now... :p

Just to give everyone an idea of what is involved...

1. Once we record it (done on my end), I then make it a Stereo mp3.
    Believe it or not, the recording process is not a smooth one all of the time (hahahaha).
    For example I left my house phone on while we were recording and my mother called, nevermind the times we just mess something up, so then all of that needs to be edited so it sounds like a cohesive show (and I actually did contemplate leaving my moms call in as ynnoj's and Munkys comments that I could not hear and the time were priceless, maybe one day we will make an outtakes show...
  2. I then pass the Raw mp3 along to everyone, and we all try and edit it to make it sound good. I could not help over the weekend so these guys took care of all of that this time... A very tedious and time consuming process
  3. Then they have to get back to me the edited files from Audacity, which are huge in size.
  4. I then cut everything edited into segments, and double check the editing as well...
  5. Once it is cut into segments and edited, I then have to make each Audacity file actual stereo, and this is where also apply some effects to each one (usually basics like Amplify if someone is to low, Normalize if someone is to loud, etc.) Then I Export each segment as a High Quality mp3. This new show alone has 9 Segements in total.
  6. I then search the internet (mainly youtube but for example this podcast I found a great site just dedicated to Wii Sounds) looking for the sounds to go before each segment, editing then creating mp3's of each sound.
  7. Then, I bring it all into Garage Band and Master everything. This is where "the magic happens." I apply filters, effects, etc., to do the absolute best to try and make it sound legit. I have a slightly older iMac now so it takes a while as it is a demanding thing to do on the processors.
    I then have to export mutliple mp3's to play with quality and file size.
  8. I then pass the "Mastered Final" mp3 along to the rest of the team to listen to, to make sure none of us missed anything in the editing process and just to make sure it all makes sense...
  9. Then we need to pass it along to the developers to upload for us so we can then post it for everyone to hear.

Now it is still a bit of a learning process for us, and mainly because we do not have professional stuff when we record we have to go through all of those steps above. Truth is, we could cut out A LOT of the above steps, but then it would just sound really, really bootleg (and I fully admit it does not even sound that professional right now, but I promise it sounds the best it can). Also truth is, I was on and off in bands for about 17 years of my life, so did a lot of recording, etc., and I am a bit anal about trying to get it to sound as good as humanly possible based upon the source material we have.

So just a little behind the scenes for everyone who might have been interested in knowing what actually goes behind making one of these podcasts. :yes:

Stop delaying Larry, podcast link or GTFO :p

Just joking, that definitely seems like a bigger workload than I thought it would be. I guess it takes some time to make sure it's listenable and presentable (Y)

Listening to what I can from the link above (Y)

At least Andrew keeps saying "gonna". Good enough Scottish for me (Y) :rofl:

edit: LOL at the Wii noise coming right at the end of the convo, I thought someone had turned my Wii on.

Edited by Audioboxer

Ynnoj dropped an Sh bomb :o :laugh:

LOL Audioboxer's input is he doesn't have a WiiFit board for his Wii so it's all okay :p

Figures as I think you guys forgot them

Wii Fit sold 17 million

PS3 sold 21 million

I forgot about that. Perhaps I should mark this episode as explicit on iTunes then :laugh:

Doesn't bother me, I listen to ListenUP which has adult language mixed with truck loads of booze usually :p I prefer it if the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed. Obviously not a swearathon, but some humorous drops now and then.

I just thought with Neowin's stance on language the episode might get pulled from the main page? It did seem like there was a wee bit of an awkward moment after you dropped it LOL. As if Larry and Andy were like "THINK ABOUT THE KIDS!"

Also you didn't like the RE4 control scheme on the Wii?! I'd heartily recommend anyone buying RE4 got it for the Wii. Thought it was really good with motion controls :laugh: As for RE5, no comments from me in here, it seems the NeowinCAST crew are on the opposite side of the scale from me :p

I drop swear bombs all the time in RL or XBL/PSN, but I had to hold them all back in the podcast for professionalism sake. I think anyone from NW who has played with me online knows what I'm like usually :p

Scots are just naturally vulgar though, so f*** it :laugh:

I drop swear bombs all the time in RL or XBL/PSN, but I had to hold them all back in the podcast for professionalism sake. I think anyone from NW who has played with me online knows what I'm like usually :p

That reminded me of Robin Williams skit about the Scottish.

**** you ya bawhum!

:drool: GoW3 chat now!

By the way Andy Co-Op and Multiplayer for GoW3 has been debunked, SP only. Came from a Magazine or that Press Event. I'll try to find the scans again. There was rumours about drop-in Co-Op though.

Oh please don't, you'll kick Sethos off again :cry: He loves that skit.

<snipped>

Bwahaha, **** off pool, I love you Braveheartians ...

Oh, sorry :(

Edited by Mathachew
video circumvented the swear filter

My iTunes doesn't seemed to have found the new episode yet? :(

Had some technical difficulties with the upload. Apparantly they are still being sorted getting the non corrupt version up. Wish I knew more but that's all I have.

I may be a bit late to this party :laugh:

But I just heard this and have to say any and all little nitpicks I had about the last one have been fixed in this new one so (Y)

and also Andy's voice :wub: even though I am convinced he sounds like Andy Gray stoned :p

I liked it, was funny when Jonny swore and everyone went a bit awkward for a few seconds!

I did have more trouble understanding Jonny over Andy but that might be because I have heard Andy loads of times. Not a big issue though, didn't miss out on anything I don't think.

Oh and woo at the shoutout (Y):D

I look forward to the next one guys, good job on the latest one (Y):)

I liked it, was funny when Jonny swore and everyone went a bit awkward for a few seconds!

I did have more trouble understanding Jonny over Andy but that might be because I have heard Andy loads of times. Not a big issue though, didn't miss out on anything I don't think.

:(