All-Glass Firefox v2!

There is no way to remove the title bar area.

Erm, anything is possible.

Especially since it's done in Chrome (by default) and has been done in Opera:

opera-aero-and-no-titlebar.png

just run Firefox full screen.

Tried it - the Aero disappears.

Great, but Chrome and Opera are not Firefox.

I've yet to find an extension or mod that hides the title bar and not just the title bar text whilst in one of the 3.7 or 4.0 themes with All Glass mods.

Vertical tabs don't work with this add-on. It's odd, and I tried it with both tab kit and tree style tabs, but each time the fonts become translucent. When I disable the vertical tab add-ons the glass add-on functions Perfectly. It's so nice I would almost give up my vertical tabe, but then it would make firefox almost completely useless.

If you can come up with a quick fix, since I suspect it may be fairly simple, I would be an extremely happy person.

Firefox 3.5.3, Windows 7 RTM x64, but with 32-bit firefox.

First off, thank you for this add-on! I love it!

I am however having a small problem, and was curious if anyone else experiences something similar. It seems that occasionally text on the tabs is screwed and/or cutoff. Screen shot attached...

Also, it seems that the text in the search box is slightly cutoff as well.

This is on Firefox v3.53

Am I the only one with these problems?

post-312352-1253905090.jpg

post-312352-1253905094.jpg

Great, but Chrome and Opera are not Firefox.

I've yet to find an extension or mod that hides the title bar and not just the title bar text whilst in one of the 3.7 or 4.0 themes with All Glass mods.

Just because there isn't one yet doesn't mean it's not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Idea of this addon.

But i have some problems with it:

- i have a black field where the tabs are. screenshot: >here<

- sometimes the whole firefox get transparent. i cant read anything. then i have to restart firefox to solve the problem.

i hope you can give me some tipps to solve the problems because i love this addon.

I have found the Problem.

Your addon has problems with Gmail Notifier.

When i aktivate this addon a big black bar appers.

hope you fix this.

I'm sorry, but I can't fix this. On the download page I clearly mention GMail Notifier is incompatible.

If you want to try something else: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3179 = GMail Checker and does the same as GMail Notifier but doesn't mess up my addon!

i used this awhile back and now came back to see if there are any changes. i love the all-in-one xpi installpack. works flawlessly and looks really nice. good work :)

Just a little update, but a few days ago this addon has hit 500,000 downloads (in 7 months)!

That's half a million or 1/20th of my countries total population :D !

Thanks everyone who uses this, I love you all!

Just a little update, but a few days ago this addon has hit 500,000 downloads (in 7 months)!

That's half a million or 1/20th of my countries total population :D !

Thanks everyone who uses this, I love you all!

Whoa dude that is a lot...

congrats!!!

where you from?

hey anyways i dont think my firefox is looking the way its supposed to =/

LOOK:

Untitled-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Vertical tabs don't work with this add-on. It's odd, and I tried it with both tab kit and tree style tabs, but each time the fonts become translucent. When I disable the vertical tab add-ons the glass add-on functions Perfectly. It's so nice I would almost give up my vertical tabe, but then it would make firefox almost completely useless.

If you can come up with a quick fix, since I suspect it may be fairly simple, I would be an extremely happy person.

Firefox 3.5.3, Windows 7 RTM x64, but with 32-bit firefox.

I have an update: Glasser works, although it does not look quite as good. I'm not sure what exactly causes the text to be see-through but its not something in glasser.

Attached is a screen shot of the all-glass Firefox add-on with vertical tabs creating the interesting problem I am experiencing.

I have to admit that it does look very pretty, although it is completely useless as an information tool.

post-312260-1255477480_thumb.png

Solution to Tree Style Tabs and other vertical tabs making fonts transparent is here. I think there should be a way to select horizontal/vertical tabs in the All-glass options.

In windows 7 it might look ugly cause of the gradient that suddenly ends in the middle. If it bugs you change:

dwm.ExtendFrameIntoWindow(height, 0, bottom, 0+tabwidth);

to:

dwm.ExtendFrameIntoWindow(height, 0, bottom, 0);

I think there should be a way to select horizontal/vertical tabs in the All-glass options.
It'd be very easy to put null checks in the javascript to check for these add-ons then change the glassing behaviour based on the outcome.

Hey people!

I've been working on some alternative versions for stuff like Treestyle Tabs and doing some fixes for the upcoming Firefox 3.6 release.

Along with that I'll be launching a proper website with all information about this addon bundled at one place.

I'm still just a student and in general get annoyed easily, so expect it to be about two weeks before launch!

About some toolbars (like Lastpass and StumbleUpon), the way to get them glassed it by simply making the background transparent instead of that normal toolbar. Unfortunately, I haven't found how to do that yet, neither by adjusting my code or changing the toolbar code itself. If anyone finds it, please let me know so I can create a fix for it!

That's all for now :) Any questions: mail/pm/just post them here!

- Ambroos

I'm using this on Windows 7 64bit with Firefox 3.5.3. It works much better than either of the other methods I tried.

There are a couple of problems, though... the tab bar and status bar both have a box behind them. The status bar is especially hard to read.

post-315900-1256399410.png

post-315900-1256399468.png

I'm using this on Windows 7 64bit with Firefox 3.5.3. It works much better than either of the other methods I tried.

There are a couple of problems, though... the tab bar and status bar both have a box behind them. The status bar is especially hard to read.

Try disabling all your addons (except All Glass) and then re-enabling them one by one to see which one is causing the problems. These problems are addon-related in 99.9% of all cases.

Try disabling all your addons (except All Glass) and then re-enabling them one by one to see which one is causing the problems. These problems are addon-related in 99.9% of all cases.

I disabled my extensions and the problem is the same...

I have Adblock Plus, Download Statusbar, and SmoothWheel.