All-Glass Firefox v2!

That would cause problems for the people whom have dark window colors if I'm getting what your saying, I use black as my windows colors and that would make it hard for me to read my text, so I think their would have to be to different versions, if I'm correct another one of the Glass add-ons for Firefox uses black font colors.

What I meant was that there would be the white "glow" around the black text, kinda like on the Windows title bars, which would theoretically make it easy to read for anyone.

What I meant was that there would be the white "glow" around the black text, kinda like on the Windows title bars, which would theoretically make it easy to read for anyone.

I'll try it out, been planning this for a long time! Just hold on a little longer 'till I'm done with my exams!

- Ambroos

Firefox just told me there was an update for this addon, so I natually let it update. The update ruined the all-glass look by adding a solid silver bar behind my bookmark toolbar and a disconnected grey bar behind my tabs. Is there any easy way to downgrade? It looked perfect for the last few months that I've been using it. I have another computer with it that hasn't done the update, I might try and see if I can copy the extension from that and replace this, because this looks terrible.

Running glasser 3.5.2 in FF 3.5.5 in Windows 7 Home Premium

allglass.jpg

EDIT: I stand corrected. For some weird reason, I had All-Glass installed, but FF decided to update it with the basic Glasser, which negated the all-glass modifications. I uninstalled Glasser and reinstalled all-glass and it looks wonderful again!

This extension is fantastic, it really makes Firefox look great with Windows 7. There is only one (very) big problem (for me). When it's used in combination with a vertical tab bar it screws up the display of websites drastically.

Regular tab bar:

69471308.png

Vertical tab bar:

96634956.png

Disabling All-Glass fixes the issue. I've tried many different vertical tab bars, they all have the same results. The one in the screenshot is Tab Kit. If you could fix this issue in the next version (hopefully), that would be absolutely awesome!

So no comment on my post? This issue happens with any sort of sidebar add-on as well.

I didn't get a response in several days so I felt the need to re-voice the issue. May I suggest something? How about having a list of known issues in the main post so that it can save people such as myself from posting and then re-posting a known issue? :p

(unless of course I'm blind and missed the list)

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the delays, I've been somewhat very busy with school and exams etc, but after tomorrow I'll update my addon, and release a list of known issues.

Expect it all before sunday!

And oh, happy holiday season ^^

- Ambroos

Hmm, things aren't going as expected over here, so it might actually be a little longer. But you can be sure an updated version will be out before 3.6 goes final!

Nighty

- Ambroos

oh and your add-on is one of the most popular of 09 http://lifehacker.com/5433177/most-popular...-themes-of-2009 :yes:

Wow, thanks for the link!

I fixed the faulty download, MozAddons was acting strange a few hours ago. It should be up correctly quite soon.

Merry Christmas everyone ^^ !

:santa: Ambroos

While we're waiting, you might like these userstyles I found that go nicely with it.

+1 Some of thoses should be added into that extension !

BTW : 2.1.4 is giving me a "gbrowser is null" popup at startup, I have to click "ok" and afaik nothing is broken, but it's an annoying popup, how to get rid of it ?

Is there anything in the Error Console? There may be a conflict with one of your other extensions or a theme. Try creating a new profile, only install All-Glass and see if you still get the same error. If not, then start Firefox normally and disable all your extensions. Enable All-Glass, then enable one extension at a time and see which one is the culprit.

+1 Some of thoses should be added into that extension !

BTW : 2.1.4 is giving me a "gbrowser is null" popup at startup, I have to click "ok" and afaik nothing is broken, but it's an annoying popup, how to get rid of it ?

I'm trying to contact the authors to ask if they would mind :)

For the error:

Go to

%appdata% (just enter this in Run)\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\yourfolder.default\extensions\allglassv2@ambroos.neowin.net\chrome\content and open up dwm-overlay.js.

On the third last line, replace

gBrowser.addEventListener("load", Glasser_OnLoad, false);

with

window.addEventListener("load", Glasser_OnLoad, false);

Should fix it.

- Ambroos

I'm getting this error over and over in the Error Console:

Error: e is not defined

Source File: chrome://glasser/content/dwm-overlay.js

Line: 86