Study finds Death link to too much red meat

Omnivores, by definition, eat meat (as well as plant). What's your point, then? You're saying we're omnivores yet shouldn't eat meat? We'd have to be herbivores for that.

you fail to learn that there's no use arguing with him

You must be subconsciencly trying not to see the similarities, because to me they are obvious. The pig and bear both have two different types of teeth, one for plants one for meat. So do we. If you won't admit that you are lying to yourself.

There are simply NO similarities there whatsoever. The ratio of lengths between their front teeth compared to their back teeth are wholly dissimilar to the ratio of our front teeth to our back teeth.

Nowadays, being a raw vegan is optimal, as nature intended.

You make it sound like we are under a contract, like its some sort of crusade. Why do you care what others eat? Let them do what they please, if they are poisoning themselves then great.

So no spam, bologna or hot dogs.... hmmmmm...

Whats the point of living.

If life is all about eating to you, then you're not living a full and rich life.

There are simply NO similarities there whatsoever. The ratio of lengths between their front teeth compared to their back teeth are wholly dissimilar to the ratio of our front teeth to our back teeth.

Going by that logic that pig is no carnivor because its teeth are trumped by the dinosaurs

If life is all about eating to you, then you're not living a full and rich life.

Get off the pedestal king, everyone has different priorities, you are no one to say how other people should live life.

You guys don't even have to argue the tooth structure. He admits we're omnivores. That alone is an admission of a design to eat meat.

You make it sound like we are under a contract, like its some sort of crusade. Why do you care what others eat? Let them do what they please, if they are poisoning themselves then great.

I'm just stating the truth, which is that people would be much healthier if they eat the way nature intended, and the healthier people are, the happier they are.

Killing yourself slowly with artery-clogging meat isn't happiness, it's just a sad, slow, painful death that results in a life that ends with you in the hospital taking 10 kinds of medication for your heart disease.

That's not a life, that's a nightmare.

You guys don't even have to argue the tooth structure. He admits we're omnivores. That alone is an admission of a design to eat meat.

No, I distinctly stated that we're herbivores.

I'm just stating the truth, which is that people would be much healthier if they eat the way nature intended, and the healthier people are, the happier they are.

Killing yourself slowly with artery-clogging meat isn't happiness, it's just a sad, slow, painful death that results in a life that ends with you in the hospital taking 10 kinds of medication for your heart disease.

That's not a life, that's a nightmare.

Again, you are no one to dictate other's life or to stablish the basic set up of such a vague concept as happiness.

It's scientifically accepted that we are classed as omnivores.

You are talking to a wall. A fanatical one, you are wasting your time. Even if he is right he has no right to adopt the attitude.

Again, you are no one to dictate other's life or to stablish the basic set up of such a vague concept as happiness.

I'll agree with you there, but I can still maintain that if people ate healthier by adopting a raw, vegan diet, where the food doesn't harm you but only makes you feel well, the happier you will be.

I can go ahead and start eating meat everyday like I used to, but being a man sitting in a hospital in my 60's because of a heart attack that almost cost me my life isn't worth it.

II can go ahead and start eating meat everyday like I used to, but being a man sitting in a hospital in my 60's because of a heart attack that almost cost me my life isn't worth it.

Look, I will say it like this:

Your priority is to live a long and healthy life, that will make you lead a happy one too, because that is your goal.

Charles Bukowski lead a happy life too, and a productive one while we are at it, eating... well, drinking just alcohol and giving a damn about his health, he wrote many novels and lived well over his 60's.

My point? He is no better than you, neither you than him, both of you are happy, both of you lived differently, both of you have different priorities.

If this argument doesnt work I can make a diagram... or something.

Moderation is the key. Too much of anything is bad. Newsflash ! too much water can kill you. I prefer and practice a 3/4 split wherein I have vegetarian food for four days and meat on the other three days and I don't overdo either side. I avoid pork and beef as much as I can.

I understand some of you may have had to face extreme consequences but that does not mean one has to go to the other extreme. why can't we find middle ground and be happy ? :p

It's scientifically accepted that we are classed as omnivores.

If humans were naturally omnivorous, then why does eating a significant amount of meat increase our cancer and heart disease risk according to that article? Shouldn't we be ok if half of our diet was composed of meat, yet that is considered too much by these new studies?

Surely, if we were omnivores, we'd experience no ill effects to making our diet 50% red meat, right?

If humans were naturally omnivorous, then why does eating a significant amount of meat increase our cancer and heart disease risk according to that article? Shouldn't we be ok if half of our diet was composed of meat, yet that is considered too much by these new studies?

Surely, if we were omnivores, we'd experience no ill effects to making our diet 50% red meat, right?

If we were herbivores, besides our jaw structure, we'd also have more complex stomachs like almost every other herbivore has. We were designed with the ability to process greens and meat proteins. If we were herbivores, our bodies wouldn't even be able to process the meat proteins.

Moderation is the key. Too much of anything is bad. Newsflash ! too much water can kill you. I prefer and practice a 3/4 split wherein I have vegetarian food for four days and meat on the other three days and I don't overdo either side. I avoid pork and beef as much as I can.

I understand some of you may have had to face extreme consequences but that does not mean one has to go to the other extreme. why can't we find middle ground and be happy ? :p

Have you tried the vegan extreme? I have, and I've never felt healthier in my life.

The key however, is consuming only raw plant foods. No bread. Period. That works for me and a lot of people who adopt it.

Here's a woman on CNN who became a raw vegan like I did and she has never been healthier either.

Have you tried the vegan extreme? I have, and I've never felt healthier in my life.

The key however, is consuming only raw plant foods. No bread. Period. That works for me and a lot of people who adopt it.

Here's a woman on CNN who became a raw vegan like I did and she has never been healthier either.

You are selectively argumentative. Arent you?

Not to add fuel to your argument, but the daily recommended serving size for a meal of red meat is about the size of a deck of cards. If someone served you that size you would send it back. Not to mention portion control as well as a balance of all foods.

Strange thing though my ex-girlfriends sister went vegetarian and she began to get sick. Until we realized that what she was experiencing was toxic levels of SOY protein. She was having it on her grain cereal as well as for lunch in a burger. Now she eats more fish mostly raw as well as vegetables plus the occasional sliced baked chicken (that is when she goes out to eat with her family). Has anyone else ever paid real close attention to the serving size of food.

That 20oz coke that we guzzle down is actually 2.5 servings, not to mention believe it or not but the Kids size fries is actually 1.2 servings of fries. It is like most things everything in moderation. Believe it or not but you can get an overdose of Vitamin C. Eating too many oranges as well as foods rich in that vitamin.

You are selectively argumentative. Arent you?

I used to be the guy who made fun of vegetarians. The guy who would say that vegetarians are a bunch of weak, frail pussies. I used to argue on your side when I was younger, until I realized I was completely wrong. It's not that I'm selectively argumentative, it's that I already know all the pro-meat arguments since I used to be just like all the people I'm arguing with right now.

And here is a video of a guy that says you can lose weight and stay healthy by eating at subway

Whats your point , health fraud is everywhere and with diets its just a case of where do we start first .