Show us your workstations!

I'll give this a go :D

Although nothing impressive at the moment :(. This is my Uni room where I'm stuck for a few more months. Sorry about the picture quality, took them on the iPhone... got no batteries for my camera :D

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

Hope they scale OK on here. Ideally... I want to add another monitor, get a new keyboard and mouse (I'm tempted wireless for both, but I find wireless isn't that responsive for gaming) and also a new PC case to shush it a little bit.

Ah the godawful V+ HD box, i hate mine constantly locking/freezing/taking ages to change channels....

Ah the godawful V+ HD box, i hate mine constantly locking/freezing/taking ages to change channels....

Haha! It is absolutely terrible!! Mine ALWAYS locks up at 12am daily, and is so slow when compared with Sky boxes. I long for a Sky+ HD box... but that's coming in September when I move to a new student house :D

they do. its just rebranded using a different name.

Fredrik != the Jerker

The Jerker is much more stable and larger :)

Wow, I like the way you mounted your displays, what are you using?

The mounts are from www.monoprice.com: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

$11.39(ea) when you buy 2-9. :)

Nice stuff. I'll take pictures of my office at home tonight. I wish I could post pics of my work office but the sheer amount of redactions I would have to make would be nauseating at best.icon8.gif

Nice stuff. I'll take pictures of my office at home tonight. I wish I could post pics of my work office but the sheer amount of redactions I would have to make would be nauseating at best.icon8.gif

Where do you work? :p

kag_office.jpg

Terrible cellphone camera shot of my home office. Nothing notable on the other walls, one has a futon; to the right of my desk is a stackable drawer unit with my switch/modem/stereo on top. Shelving to come soon, trying to decide on a way to make it look decent. Same with a new desk, probably going to go with something wooden instead of glass - it's impossible to keep this thing clean. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a shot of my cube at work.

cool. Did the brackets for the mount fit in the pre-existing holes on the Jerker?

Perfectly! :D

kag_office.jpg

Terrible cellphone camera shot of my home office. Nothing notable on the other walls, one has a futon; to the right of my desk is a stackable drawer unit with my switch/modem/stereo on top. Shelving to come soon, trying to decide on a way to make it look decent. Same with a new desk, probably going to go with something wooden instead of glass - it's impossible to keep this thing clean. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a shot of my cube at work.

What is that thing that has a HDD stuck into it???

kag_office.jpg

Look at all that space....Heaven!

What is that thing that has a HDD stuck into it???

Looks like some hard drive hot swap thing or something...

You're right. It's an eSATA/USB2 drive dock from Vantec.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817392022

I also noticed they've got a dual slot version:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817392028

Comes in handy quite often, I use the bunch of internal drives I've got (like 4 160gb drives, a couple 120's and a 200gig) like removable storage drives. Hot swappable and works with any PC with USB2 (though I use eSATA on mine, works seemlessly - as fast as an internal drive). If you've got a bunch of drives taking up space/generating heat/making noise I'd recommend it. I've got a single 1tb drive at the moment (going to buy another one in a few weeks) and I love it.

You're right. It's an eSATA/USB2 drive dock from Vantec.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817392022

I also noticed they've got a dual slot version:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817392028

Comes in handy quite often, I use the bunch of internal drives I've got (like 4 160gb drives, a couple 120's and a 200gig) like removable storage drives. Hot swappable and works with any PC with USB2 (though I use eSATA on mine, works seemlessly - as fast as an internal drive). If you've got a bunch of drives taking up space/generating heat/making noise I'd recommend it. I've got a single 1tb drive at the moment (going to buy another one in a few weeks) and I love it.

I have this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817707170

It's in my photo when I get a chance to post it.

FadeToBright:

How can you have to taskbars, in windows 7? It does not support Ultramon, does it?

I'm also running with 2 monitors - but will not install windows 7 because of the lacking support for dual-monitors - or the earlier lack of support :)

FadeToBright:

How can you have to taskbars, in windows 7? It does not support Ultramon, does it?

I'm also running with 2 monitors - but will not install windows 7 because of the lacking support for dual-monitors - or the earlier lack of support :)

I'm using the Display Fusion beta. :)