Show us your workstations!

Looks great, where can I get that keyboard? Is it bluetooth?

It's RF and came with the XPS One, not sure if it's available for other models, check the accessories section at Dell.

It's RF and came with the XPS One, not sure if it's available for other models, check the accessories section at Dell.

Cool.

Any ideas if it would work with a standard logitech RF reciever, as I presume like the rest of the dell keyboards its made by logitech or at least uses logitech software?

Cool.

Any ideas if it would work with a standard logitech RF reciever, as I presume like the rest of the dell keyboards its made by logitech or at least uses logitech software?

dont think so the transmitter/keyboard have a channel that they connect on.. and that rf reciever connects to that specific keyboard''

sources: i work in an enviroment with 20 logitech ex110's with in a 20 foot range and they al have their own channel

Cool.

Device manager/registry does show it as a Logitech product, and I have the same question about can I use any Logitech keyboard/mouse with this transceiver.

Device manager/registry does show it as a Logitech product, and I have the same question about can I use any Logitech keyboard/mouse with this transceiver.

Do you have a logitech reciever you could try and pair with the dell keyboard? Just trying to find out if it will work before I go out and buy one :)

This is a big shot of my work area. Its in the basement of my house. I have a repair desk, and my workstation desk. What you can't see in that picture is around the corner on the left is my shelf of parts.

post-4927-1239841403_thumb.jpg

why do you have a huge window in your basement?

well the window is at ground level. Thats the way it came.

Do you have a logitech reciever you could try and pair with the dell keyboard? Just trying to find out if it will work before I go out and buy one :)

No, I don't currently, still working on this. I'd also like to find out if the embedde transceiver in my XPS One will work with any Logitech RF mouse as this one likes my much loved forward and back buttons.

I was going through some old photos yesterday, when I spotted the following two, which seem perfect for this thread - here's my first workstation :)

michael_bbc1.jpg

Eventually I decided I needed some cool wall art, after all, coding in BASIC can be hard work :)

michael_bbc2.jpg

No, I don't currently, still working on this. I'd also like to find out if the embedde transceiver in my XPS One will work with any Logitech RF mouse as this one likes my much loved forward and back buttons.

Worth trying it with your logitech mouse. Looks like theres a connect button on the XPS just like a regular logitech reciever:

Motegi_KB-Mouse-Mon_Synchronize3.jpg

Hiro, how old is that??

I've ben trying to work that out myself - I think the one with the TMNT posters on the wall is from 1989 - 1990, so I'd have been around 5-6. The first one, without the posters, I think is around a year later, so say 1990 - 1991.

I still had the computer up until around 5 years ago - It lived in my parents loft, because I haven't really got the room for it in my lil apartment, and while they were cleaning out the loft they threw it out by accident :(

Worth trying it with your logitech mouse. Looks like theres a connect button on the XPS just like a regular logitech reciever:

Motegi_KB-Mouse-Mon_Synchronize3.jpg

Yep, just got to get my hands on a Logitech RF mouse, want to grab one locally so if it fails I can just return it.

they have been shrunk..

but, is your desk in your closet?

and you need much cable management inside your case. ;)

My computer area:

1000039o.th.jpg

A side view of my case:

1000040.th.jpg

An inside view of my case:

1000041n.th.jpg

they have been shrunk..

but, is your desk in your closet?

and you need much cable management inside your case. ;)

Sorry, posted the wrong ImageShack links. And yeah, the cables are a bit of the mess but the water piping gets in the way a bit :laugh:

I have some shelves behind my computer area, I store all my documents and disks in a seperate place to my computer

Low bandwidth warning: These images are pretty large

I don't wanna come across as the most stereotypical of all homos, but clean that carpet :) Other than that, doesn't look to bad - I aint gonna pull you up on cable management, 'cause mine seems to get worse by the day.

My carpet is old and crap, it needs replacing really :laugh: just don't have the money to do it at the moment. My cat did her... "Business" on it when she was a kitten, and although I got most of the mess out, the carpet is just a state

We'll let you off then :) - Actually I might be moving in a few months, and I'm thinking of putting my desk in "the cloak room area", which looks kinda like where you've got yours - 'tis a good way to utilise a space that'd otherwise be wasted.

No there is no cat poo there, I cleaned it up, the carpet is just worn through, and yes there was a glass by my Computer, I often have drinks down there (for obvious reasons I don't stand them on my table)