Windows 7 build 7077 - changes/bugs

I just noticed a bug. Sandisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive, can't be safely removed from the computer. It keep saying it is still in use, when it isn't. Tryed others flash drives and they ar removed properly. This particular Flash drive that isn't working, worked perfectly on older builds.

I just noticed a bug. Sandisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive, can't be safely removed from the computer. It keep saying it is still in use, when it isn't. Tryed others flash drives and they ar removed properly. This particular Flash drive that isn't working, worked perfectly on older builds.

My u3 cruzer micro 8GB can be removed just fine.

I have a Cruzer myself, it works fine when removing using Microsoft's safely remove hardware tool and it works when you eject it using Cruzer's launch pad.

I'm using FAT, maybe that will work. :)

Changelog

- WMP play/pause button on thumbnail when hovered over, works.

- The thumbnails are bigger

Edited by xJakex

I feel as if control has been lost for a while. I think this is why Mac is becoming more popular with computer enthusiasts. Mac is not as restrictive in some senses.

No it isn't Apple are more restrictive if anything

If it was restrictive we wouldn't have Hackintoshes

3rd party hacks are needed for that, if you ever read the news you would know that Apple are going after Hackintosh related stuff with all guns blazing.

I do not use any networking services except for TCP/IP, DHCP, and Wireless Config - the rest can go GTFO and stop leeching my SSD space

For the minute amount of space they actually take, removal of these components would seriously destabilize the OS, and cause you untold problems. If you are really that short of space, you should consider if you even need to be using 7 in the first place

I prefer the way the Vista taskbar looks too... hopefully that'll be a theme option when it's released.

Nope, won't be an option. But there's an easy way to add quick launch again.

Unpin all your icons on the superbar, set it to small icons, never group, unlock taskbar.

Right click -> toolbars -> new toolbar --> folder (enter the next thing in the adress bar of that window): %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch --> select folder

Drag the marker right befor quick launch all the way to the left, next to the start button, then right-click the text of it, and uncheck "Show Text" and "Show title". Adjust widths the way you want them and lock your taskbar back up. Done!

quick launch

I don't get what Quick Launch does that the new taskbar doesn't do? I mean, half the point of it was to merge quick launch and the old taskbar.

so is this build noticabley faster or same as 7068?

I think overall it's a lot faster on my computer, at least when opening programs, windows, etc. even on an upgrade, which is what i chose to do ;)

I don't get what Quick Launch does that the new taskbar doesn't do? I mean, half the point of it was to merge quick launch and the old taskbar.

I like where the show desktop button sits, and I put 15-20 program shortcuts in it. I only have it show 3 programs on the bar but when I click on the arrows the other 15 or so programs show up. Just shorter movements to open programs really. I could accomplish the same thing by pinning all the same shortcuts to the Start Menu.

Usually the only time I click the Start button is to shut down.

I liked the two seperated really.

Unpin all your icons on the superbar, set it to small icons, never group, unlock taskbar.

Right click -> toolbars -> new toolbar --> folder (enter the next thing in the adress bar of that window): %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch --> select folder

Drag the marker right befor quick launch all the way to the left, next to the start button, then right-click the text of it, and uncheck "Show Text" and "Show title". Adjust widths the way you want them and lock your taskbar back up. Done!

YES!!!! Thank You!!!

In Windows 7 I've noticed you can remove your USB without losing files, don't even need to eject them from the taskbar

Nothing new actually. I do this in Vista all the time, and I presume it can be done with any other OS as well. Sure, the possibility of data loss or corruption by not "ejecting" the drive properly is still there. But the key is to make sure you have all folders and programs accessing files on the usb drive closed before disconnecting it from the slot. If nothing is accessing the drive when you remove it, no corruption can happen.

I like where the show desktop button sits, and I put 15-20 program shortcuts in it. I only have it show 3 programs on the bar but when I click on the arrows the other 15 or so programs show up. Just shorter movements to open programs really. I could accomplish the same thing by pinning all the same shortcuts to the Start Menu.

Usually the only time I click the Start button is to shut down.

I liked the two seperated really.

What's wrong with just pinning all those shortcuts to the taskbar, and that way, if you decide you need ALL 15-20 open at the same time, it takes no more space than if the programs weren't running. If you wanted all those programs open with quick launch enabled, it would take up much more space... I don't get the logic...

Nope, but I did install that Vista unsigned driver for it. I've mentioned this over several threads.

Saw your original post but there is only one other driver found for my Linksys WUSB54GSC v.2 wireless adapter and it will not take it. I am using the one on the disk which came with it.

Does anyone know of another driver for this adapter besides 4.170.61.0 from Jan 08?

What's wrong with just pinning all those shortcuts to the taskbar, and that way, if you decide you need ALL 15-20 open at the same time, it takes no more space than if the programs weren't running. If you wanted all those programs open with quick launch enabled, it would take up much more space... I don't get the logic...

I only have 3 icons on my taskbar now, plus whatever programs that are open (rarely more than 4-5). I also have grouping turned off and like to see the text on the programs that are open.

I can see how some people would like the superbar, it just doesn't appeal to me. I have honestly tried it also, I've been messing with 7 since build 7000. I didn't just load 7077 and within 30 seconds decide it sucked... really.

With the two seperated I can easily see what programs are running, even from across the room if I wanted. With the superbar I have to stop and look at each icon to see if it has the border around to know if it's running or not. I shut down my computer every night and if there are programs still running when I shut down some of them get a little cranky and tell me about it the next time I open them.

YES!!!! Thank You!!!

It takes quite a bit of work but this tutorial tells you how to pin anything you want in the taskbar nicely. I noticed that the adding toolbar method doesn't perfectly align everything: http://windows7center.com/windows-7-tips/h...r-in-windows-7/

The OS actually feels less snappier than me but may be because it's the first time I'm paying such close attention since this is possibly the RC escrow. The installation process seemed to change a bit and take longer but other than that, looks good

It takes quite a bit of work but this tutorial tells you how to pin anything you want in the taskbar nicely. I noticed that the adding toolbar method doesn't perfectly align everything: http://windows7center.com/windows-7-tips/h...r-in-windows-7/

The OS actually feels less snappier than me but may be because it's the first time I'm paying such close attention since this is possibly the RC escrow. The installation process seemed to change a bit and take longer but other than that, looks good

Yea, I've pinned a few things. It's not really the same though.

I will admit, I've been using the quick launch like I described since Win 95 with IE4 integration. There's a little comfort in the familiar if you will.