Longhorn Transformation Pack

Sorry I forgot another thing, I love the thin taskbar, and the vista start icon, lookin all the themes of the pack 3, you have to choose, for example...

Aero glass (beta 1), the one I use, has dark and thin taskbar, great, but the start button is left aside, if you look the aero glass (beta2), you have dark as in beta one (less dark, i prefer the beta 1 black), and you can choose between normal star button, or vista button, but the taskbar isnt thin, lookin all themes, you have to choose, this taskbar or vista start button, I use the aero glass beta 1 in thin mode, and i love it, but having the vista start button, and the transparent titlebars, would be just perfect, I havent found anything better than your pack, but well, I think things can be always better, so this is my suggestion, instead of using glass2k, implement de transparent effect in startbar and in titlebar if its possible (Ive got no idea of what possibilities you have).

Thanks.

Thanks for suggestions. But there's no way I can make trans border without wb5.

I hate windowsblinds, It crashes my computer, but well, expecting your new visual styles, and if you could do the with both thin bar and vista start button, it would be perfect.

Thanks.

Downloaded it, installed it, rebooted. Works great!

The only problems are that I can't see anything when I log off and the start menu is a bit messed up. Also, transparency goes a little crazy sometimes. But these minor annoyances are still outweighed by the impressive ability of the style! :yes:

Wish I could include a screenshot of it, but for some reason it won't let me attach the file. :unsure:

Edited by Timothy003

I was using photoshop just a few minutes ago, and was using a hotkey. I fudged up and pressed the wrong buttons, and it turned my window transparent! It made it become Glass2k'ified. Anybody know what that hotkey might be?

I found it, it's al+ctrl+shift+#1-0 (on the top of the keyboard).

0 being not opaque, and 1 being very opaque.

Is ths OK now?

Yes, but is this only for WB5 or for VS? Where can I get this one at or is this the Aero Style (Glass Beta 2)?

I liked the one "Aero Style (Glass Beta2) - Glass Dark" but the button for the start menu was a tad messed up, it's too small until you click on it then the big one shows up when click on it if nothing else this should reversed if not left as one or the other, The start menu is missing the icons on the left and the "Log Off" button is a tad squared on the start menu. Also the UserName is missing from the top of it, (I really like to see which username I am currently running under without having to hunt for it.) Also, on the bottom of the window where it shows the pictures of the files you're pointing to, is there a way you can move those pictures to the left side since you're not using that area anyways? This may help with the resizing problem of that bar when you click on them, it sometimes fills a great portion of the window when you do that, which isn't a good thing when you're trying to see what's below that. That bar needs to be more stationary too, it shouldn't resize like it's doing. Also the tab area in FireFox, is there a way you can keep that from using the theme, maybe make them a solid color of the theme or something. Also, the taskbar buttons can you reverse the colors when highlighting and normal?

Also, what happened to the "Common Tasks" being at the bottom? I liked it there better, well at least where I could see all of the links, I don't like this one, I can't find my shortcuts this way! Oh and that start menu still needs fixing, the top where the name used to be still has a hidden link that either needs to be removed or the name placed back up there and the pic moved back over and the Turn Off buttons still aren't working right, maybe if you just made that entire area there black may help as well...

Edited by DisabledTrucker

After I restarted for the second time it brought me into windows and a command-prompt window came up and said to press any key to continue. I did, and another window came up saying it was building the icons or something. That froze and I was forced to end it. So can anyone help me getting things fixed? Now I just have windows classic style and its semi-clear.

After I restarted for the second time it brought me into windows and a command-prompt window came up and said to press any key to continue. I did, and another window came up saying it was building the icons or something. That froze and I was forced to end it. So can anyone help me getting things fixed? Now I just have windows classic style and its semi-clear.

You should have let it finish rebuilding the icons, it works for me and I use a XP3200+ AMD processor running Windows XPSP2, you must've messed up something somewhere along the way...

Edited by DisabledTrucker

I can't upload the image because the file size is 576 KB. :crazy: How did you manage to keeps yours around 200 KB?

Use lower image quality.

is it possible to use this pack to change only the icon files?

Yes. Just set only for icons.

Also, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons are a little screwed up, like the color is black until you point at them.

It was so rushed that time so I forget to fix it. Will fix in the next release.

I used JPEG and it was the lowest quality I could think of.

Will you also fix the Windows Vista logon screen and the start menu (which acts strangely when I don't handle it right (maybe it's the transparency?) and has icons half-cut off)?

Anyway, great job, this was way better than the old Windows XP. ;)

Will you also fix the Windows Vista logon screen and the start menu (which acts strangely when I don't handle it right (maybe it's the transparency?) and has icons half-cut off)?

Just to let you know, this seems to happen only with Aero Style (Glass - Beta 2) and some others.

BTW, Luna (Longhorn Revolution) is a really nice alternative to XP-lovers. Great job with that one.

I used JPEG and it was the lowest quality I could think of.

Anyway, great job, this was way better than the old Windows XP. ;)

Try making smaller shot and thnks for LunaLR compliment.

Nice pack X. I bought WB5 but this is better. Much more professional looking styles in the pack. There's only about 4 WB styles that are worth it anyway. KoL's Vista and a few others. Other than that WB has some aweful - aweful skins. Much better now.