The Official "Demon's Souls" Thread

Would be awesome if my copy arrived tomorrow after my final exam but that would only be the 5th day :p

Probably looking Wed-Fri :D

to be fair, I nearly crapped myself when the spider apepared too!

Yeah I heard some environments and parts of the game are genuinely creepy.

Any thoughts?

Still no game yet :(

I did notice my sell has now become unregistered :/ - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/redmooncloister/

He's had feedback received yesterday from others ordering from him, but of course that's still a little unnerving when my game still hasn't arrived. It's only been exactly a week though, shipping was quoted 7-12 days so I should be okay.

Definitely not a good sign but I'd give it a few more days before I'd panic. He has 100% positive feedback and a comment shows that they received the game in 10 days so hopefully it's on its way.

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA -- MAY 20, 2009 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc., your shining knights in armor, today announced that they have secured the North American publishing rights for Demon's Souls?, a groundbreaking action RPG experience for PLAYSTATION?3 system. Beautiful, compelling, and unforgiving, Demon's Souls is the hardcore RPG experience PLAYSTATION 3 system owners have been waiting for since the platform's launch.

Revolutionary online features support your adventure like never before, presenting seamless interconnectivity that serves in every instance to enhance the single-player game. Team up with two other players in simultaneous cooperative play, working together to topple some of the game's colossal bosses, or force your way into the games of skilled players and challenge them to PvP battle. Leave hints and clues for those who will follow in your footsteps; either intentionally or through your own inadvertent demise, your bloodstains will allow your successors to view a replay of your death, hinting at how to avoid your gruesome fate. Unprecedented in its depth and subtlety, peerless in its relentlessly challenging gameplay, Demon's Souls is the ultimate action RPG.

Experience the game Eurogamer.net awarded 9 out of 10, hailing it as "absolutely compelling; dark, detailed, unforgiving, creatively cruel," and adding, "you can learn to love Demon's Souls like few other games in the world."

King Allant the XII, the last king of Boletaria, searched tirelessly to expand his might. The Nexus, a great ice shrine nestled in the mountains, bestowed the power of the souls onto him, bringing prosperity to his kingdom. Still unsated, he returned again to the Nexus, where he foolishly awakened the Old One from its eternal slumber. This long forgotten evil, now wrought upon Boletaria, plunged the realm into darkness and fog. A mighty demon horde poured into the kingdom, devouring the souls of men.

Champions from other realms learned of Boletaria's fate and sought to deliver the kingdom from evil; none would return from the cursed land. Called upon by a mysterious maiden in black, you go forth, the last hope for humanity in a place lost to demons and darkness...

Key Features

• Ultimate hardcore RPG challenge -- In this brutal land, death is inevitable, but not final. Combining the best features of an action game and RPG, you'll slice, smash, shoot, and ensorcel some of the most horrible, vicious enemies ever encountered. Are you strong enough to face the impossible and win?
  • Groundbreaking online capabilities -- Network features go far beyond any previous RPG, allowing players to leave hints for each other, replay death scenes, cooperatively revive dead players, or invade another player's game to wreak havoc. Not merely an add-on feature, multiplayer options are vast, and uniquely focused on changing and intensifying the single player experience.
  • Freeform and flexible -- The open-ended structure of the game means that there is no single path, but rather a wealth of options. Set your own pace and progress as you like. Build exactly the character you want by creating a detailed avatar, nurturing the right stats, and customizing your skills and equipment.
  • You act, the world reacts -- The World Tendency system changes the aggressiveness of monsters and the rewards for killing them based on players' actions. Different events and NPCs may be triggered, as well.

Still no copy received today :/

Gonna email the seller. I'll give it 14 days max and/or if I get a reply before I raise a file with ebay/paypal. I'm sure it's been delivered, just gotta be wary now that the seller is unregistered.

Any word on if this is coming to Europe yet? Because I'm really curious about this game, but I don't want to shell out nearly ?50 on a curiosity.

Not sure about Europe but I know it's coming to NA. AB, did you receive your copy yet? If not it might be time to panic. :p

Japanese Home gets some cool Demon's Souls armor, not that I'd buy it but still. $15 for the 3 sets, yikes!

post-43025-1243293839_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, I did read the story above about it coming to America. Might be in with a chance of getting it then. :)

I play the waiting game for a few more days. New member signed up to Neowin who contacted me saying they'd found this thread through Google and purchased a copy also, they emailed and got a response similar to mine

hello dear friend,

sorry for late reply and please kindly let me inform you about your item has already been shipped via air-mail, and if the mail station or re-export terminals are all working well, you will receive your item fast like 5 or 6 days. but sometimes, customer told me they receive the item today but i shipped 3 weeks before...

I hope this will not happen to you because this is not good for both of us, of course. even nowadays digital storage product like optical disc, ram, memory card or harddrive etc is quite a sensitive category for export, but after some kind of examination, it will pass through even little delay may be occurred. at least no customer reported the item was locked by any custom, fortunately till now.

I am really sorry about the your vexation and anxious of the past 2 weeks and I really hope you can enjoy the game at the same time. Please kindly accept my

apologize.

even i don't know why eBay is such a ridiculous company and suspended my account without a logical reason, I will still do what I should do to all my dear customers and friends. But the problem is now I cannot check my [sold item list] in my ebay summary so I need triple or more time to search everyone in my paypal account that I have sent out the item or not. And the most frustrating is I cannot reply to customers like you via eBay...this affects me a lot since everyone tried to contact me via ebay but cannot receive any answer from me...and logically everyone will think you are a bad person and run away with customer's money! sigh ebay really put me into a big trouble in this case.

Finally, i thank you for your support and understanding again. Sincerely.

Best regards,

-redmooncloister**my friend, if this is not very trouble to you, may I ask you to do me a kindly favor: After you received the item you've paid, please kindly send a e-mail to eBay and tell them I am not a lair/swindler/scammer and I am a honest people and doing honest business. Thank you very much if you can help.

Guy seems decent from ebay feedback, 100% positive, so I'll wait another couple of days before pulling the trigger on him. It has been 14 days, like anything shipped from the other end of the world depending on postage speed and customs it can take a while.

Do Ebay frown upon people admitting they'll trick the import tax at the airports? Only thing I can think they've pulled him for, he explained on the page for the game he'd mark the item down.

No idea about the import tax - my package was marked as "Gift" on some official-looking sticker thingy.

Don't see how eBay could frown upon it - how it is sent is not their responsibility as long as it arrives.

No idea about the import tax - my package was marked as "Gift" on some official-looking sticker thingy.

Don't see how eBay could frown upon it - how it is sent is not their responsibility as long as it arrives.

Well I guess it is "dodgy" trade.

You're not suppose to mark a package as a gift unless it's value is <= $20 or something like that. I can't remember exactly. It's an attempt to circumvent import tax, try asking any major retailers who ship abroad to mark your item as a gift.

For all we know this could be a games store in HK shipping off these copies, if that's the case they'd be in more trouble than a regular individual.

Either way it's apparently shipped, I'll give it to the end of the week to see if it turns up, if not I'll send the guy one more email explaining I don't have it and for my own personal protection of my money I'll be raising a dispute.

Well I guess it is "dodgy" trade.

You're not suppose to mark a package as a gift unless it's value is <= $20 or something like that. I can't remember exactly. It's an attempt to circumvent import tax, try asking any major retailers who ship abroad to mark your item as a gift.

For all we know this could be a games store in HK shipping off these copies, if that's the case they'd be in more trouble than a regular individual.

Either way it's apparently shipped, I'll give it to the end of the week to see if it turns up, if not I'll send the guy one more email explaining I don't have it and for my own personal protection of my money I'll be raising a dispute.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/encour...l-activity.html

"Buyer requests, or seller offers, to falsify customs declarations or have an item marked as "Gift" in order to evade Customs fees is illegal. Report this activity."

I seem to recall that he replied to a question about this and stated that he would mark the item as a gift, I can only assume a competitor or someone decided to report it. I'm still waiting on my copy, if I haven't received it by tomorrow afternoon I'll be emailing him again and I'll probably end up disputing the transaction by the end of next week if I haven't got it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/encour...l-activity.html

"Buyer requests, or seller offers, to falsify customs declarations or have an item marked as "Gift" in order to evade Customs fees is illegal. Report this activity."

I seem to recall that he replied to a question about this and stated that he would mark the item as a gift, I can only assume a competitor or someone decided to report it. I'm still waiting on my copy, if I haven't received it by tomorrow afternoon I'll be emailing him again and I'll probably end up disputing the transaction by the end of next week if I haven't got it.

I sent the guy another email today asking for the exact date he sent it, and here's my reply.

"please kindly let me check for you tomorrow

since the record is in the office.

but due to a lot of my customers received

the demon's souls within last tuesday to today,

so I think the demon's souls will in your hand within

these few days.

i have a experience that 2 customers lived just one block distance,

in San Francisco and they are friends. they order to me at the

same time, i shipped to them at the same day and same post

office. one of them received two and a half weeks after the another...

sometimes this may out of control even logistic station itself...

this will not usually happened, though.

I wish you can have the item very soon, and enjoy the game

at the same time. this is good for both of us - I don't want to

being suspected anymore.

good luck.

best regards,

-redmooncloister"

I also found someone on a Dutch messageboard posting about this guy and he said he disputed the transaction last friday and redmooncloister emailed him saying he had already shipped it, asking him to wait a few more days - the guy cancelled the dispute. I'm really hoping that I'm not gonna have to dispute it and lose my PayPal account (which you tend to do if you do a Paypal dispute), and I can't see why I wouldn't, there's nothing for him to gain by dragging it out, unless he's planning to do it for another 3 weeks in which case it will have passed the 45 day deadline for PayPal disputes.

My dispute is going up this week, I leave to go on holiday this friday and I'm not waiting any longer.

Do Paypal actually bar YOUR account if you dispute? That seems a little backwards.

My dispute is going up this week, I leave to go on holiday this friday and I'm not waiting any longer.

Do Paypal actually bar YOUR account if you dispute? That seems a little backwards.

I just got my copy this morning so I'm quite confident you'll receive yours at some point, hopefully it won't be delayed due to customs problems and you're playing yours already or you'll have it sometime this week.

I just got my copy this morning so I'm quite confident you'll receive yours at some point, hopefully it won't be delayed due to customs problems and you're playing yours already or you'll have it sometime this week.

That's a relief.

Not to surprising, the guy did have 100% feedback and I've found a few posts around the web on other forums of people saying they'd received their copies.

I've probably just been unlucky at customs, enjoy the game! :)

My copy just arrived :)

The guy put England on the address though, probably explains it taking 20 days to get here :laugh:

Nice thick colour manual, shame it's not in English :( Copies of games over here nowadays usually come with a skimpy black and white manual.

I am still looking at getting this game at some point, unless it comes out in USA earlier, in which case I will wait.

Would like to know your impressions Audio also...

I am still looking at getting this game at some point, unless it comes out in USA earlier, in which case I will wait.

Would like to know your impressions Audio also...

USA will be fall 2009. You'll probably see it at the conference today, in a short montage, I doubt it will get stage time.

I have inFAMOUS and this to complete, and I'm going away for 3 weeks on Friday :( I've seen people already say they've put 90 hours + into this :laugh: It's mainly because once you complete it you can start a new game + where you keep your level/stats/items, but the enemies get harder. I think a total of 4 play throughs are needed to get all the trophies as some of the rare weapons need multiple souls collected only from the same one boss/enemy.

Then like inFAMOUS there's unique events/weapons to be had for white/black world and character tendency (kind of like moral based I think).

Still looking at getting this one, although in the last couple of days i've picked up inFAMOUS, Dead Space (?9 @ W H Smith) , Fallout 3 and Terminator (not read or seen any reviews of this, was just in the inFAMOUS bundle I bought)