Windows 7 RC available to Microsoft OEM Partners

Bah - no sign of it yet :( My MSDN is not a partner account so I guess that's why :(

It's not on Technet. It's still the Beta that is available there. Looks like MS has messed up again and posted the page a little early. Anyways the RC build hasn't been compiled so how people can take this seriously I don't know.

Bah - no sign of it yet :( My MSDN is not a partner account so I guess that's why :(

There's no such thing as a MSDN or Technet partner account, it's one or the other.

Information from Microsoft Online Concierge Chat:

Currently the Windows 7 RC has not been avaiable through the TechNet subscription yet, only the Microsoft OEM partners such as Dell, Siemens are taking part in the RC's this period of test.

It appears it's already been leaked out if you know where to look.

I can't say for sure if it's actually the actual RC or not, but it appears to be valid, and it appears to be both the 64 bit and the 32 bit version. O_o.

It appears it's already been leaked out if you know where to look.

I can't say for sure if it's actually the actual RC or not, but it appears to be valid, and it appears to be both the 64 bit and the 32 bit version. O_o.

well if it's the version from the micro$oft page it will indeed be the RC. can't wait for the leak to happen!

Yes they will provide new keys. It stated so on that download page that appeared a while that's since been taken down.

well i hope this sucker leaks this weekend, im too busy with work during the week to bother installing.

must be his highest rockband score :p

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/07/w...ou-need-to-know

* Modify the MinClient build number to a value lower than the down-level build. For example, change 7100 to 7000

* Save the file in place with the same name

* Run setup like you would normally from this modified copy of the image and the version check will be bypassed

(atleast this confirms the new 7100 milestone)

Durrr

It's been confirmed that only Gold Partners ie OEM's will be able to download this. I believe it not to be the actual RC but more than likely an RC Escrow build as no info has been given about the RC build even being compiled yet on wzor.net which is usually correct and up to date.

I think this thread should be closed as it's misleading and causing unnecessary rumour.

It's been confirmed that only Gold Partners ie OEM's will be able to download this. I believe it not to be the actual RC but more than likely an RC Escrow build as no info has been given about the RC build even being compiled yet on wzor.net which is usually correct and up to date.

I think this thread should be closed as it's misleading and causing unnecessary rumour.

i doubt it's the escrow build, it's states it is indeed the RC that will be publicly available by may 5th.

wzor is not the end all tell all definitive source for info...if microsoft puts it up on their own pages then what more proof do u need...and i don't think Microsoft would advertise for a half-baked Rc build either..they usually deliver the whole enchilada

the page was put up by mistake again...

it will not be available to MSDN/Technet for a while, perhaps TAP partners got it?

if "anybody" got it, it will leak today or tomorrow!

The latest build compiled (Not leaked) where in the 708x range. The RC is build 7100 and is being compiled today. It will be released to MSDN/Partners Tuesday. Non MSDN/Technet people have to wait til May 5th. No I cannot give a source, and no I cannot tell you who gave me this info.

Edited by benplace