UFC 101 (Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin)

just rewatching the ppv and why does forrest just run out the cage and backstage?...and doesn't like hang around? I mean I would want to leave dont get me wrong.

His jawbone was dislocated.

Edited by trag3dy

what wrong with the first one...? the guy is blatently hitting the guy in the back of the had, or has poor coordination or seomthing

second one: buzzer would make sense

third: LOL :p

1. Griffin is physically fine.

2. If one were to go by the definition, when a fighter is not "intelligently defending" oneself, then the fight can be stopped. I know Miragliotta comes off as a big goof but put yourself in his shoes, a fighter takes 4-6 unanswered punches, while not attempting to defend, what's he supposed to do? His job is to, first and foremost, protect the fighters, an early stoppage is better than a late stoppage after a fighter's career is severely hampered after he has to take a year off just to heal. It looked like he had a bad angle, compared to the camera, so he thought it was much worse. I'm not debating whether or not the shots were to the back of the head, that's for another argument. But, cut him some slack.

2. If one were to go by the definition, when a fighter is not "intelligently defending" oneself, then the fight can be stopped. I know Miragliotta comes off as a big goof but put yourself in his shoes, a fighter takes 4-6 unanswered punches, while not attempting to defend, what's he supposed to do? His job is to, first and foremost, protect the fighters, an early stoppage is better than a late stoppage after a fighter's career is severely hampered after he has to take a year off just to heal. It looked like he had a bad angle, compared to the camera, so he thought it was much worse. I'm not debating whether or not the shots were to the back of the head, that's for another argument. But, cut him some slack.

True say, but, if you notice, the majority of the punches were to the back of the head which makes the stoppage even more stupid. If anything he should have given the guy at least a warning, if not a point deduction!

Edited by Zoom7000

Oh, right. I was talking about the Spartan with the beard vs Sadollah.

:laugh:

True say, but, if you notice, the majority of the punches were to the back of the head which makes the stoppage even more stupid. If anything he should have given the guy at least a warning, if not a point deduction!

No doubt.