WHO raises swine flu alert to 'pandemic level 5'

-wiki

Some of you think the World Health Organization has your best interests at heart? Eugenics by stealth. The up side at least is that most of the worlds morons will be eliminated.

It's just sad that conspiracy theorists and trolls like you ruin the Neowin community.

I am amazed at the level of ignorance people display. WHO rating this flu a level 5 pandemic might seem a little over the top considering the outbreak is still in its early stages. But, raising the level now is a precautionary measure so people, like all those who still don't care, will take this seriously now and hopefully prevent the infection to spread to a point it is no longer containable.

If some of you still don't have perspective on this, load this mashup everyday and just watch the ballooning number of reports. More often than not, people always don't take medical conditions seriously until they or someone they know has it. Sad it has to come that.

I am amazed at the level of ignorance people display. WHO rating this flu a level 5 pandemic might seem a little over the top considering the outbreak is still in its early stages. But, raising the level now is a precautionary measure so people, like all those who still don't care, will take this seriously now and hopefully prevent the infection to spread to a point it is no longer containable.

If some of you still don't have perspective on this, load this mashup everyday and just watch the ballooning number of reports. More often than not, people always don't take medical conditions seriously until they or someone they know has it. Sad it has to come that.

but it will be that one time, when everyone says that at some point, "aw it's nothing serious, just precaution." when Mr. Murphy steps in and really jacks us up

but it will be that one time, when everyone says that at some point, "aw it's nothing serious, just precaution." when Mr. Murphy steps in and really jacks us up

Is there anything wrong in taking a precaution or do people prefer half their city infected first before they start taking it seriously? Heck, they even put up little signs in my dorm cafeteria telling us what the swine flu is and that we should wash our hands all the time. That seems pretty basic, but there are a lot of people who don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom.

^ agreed!

i have young children i need to worry about here, id rather get it than have them suffer with it if need be. i still have my thoughts that this thing may get very bad, quick. it would not surprise me at all if they don't close the public schools and really take charge here. marshal law would only come to light if the public gets out of control, which can & most likely WILL happen. the way i see it, if the president of the US is now actively involved in this then it is a BIG deal. you guys do realize they may not be telling us everything right? maybe to avoid or postpone a full blown public panic and dismay.

Is there anything wrong in taking a precaution or do people prefer half their city infected first before they start taking it seriously? Heck, they even put up little signs in my dorm cafeteria telling us what the swine flu is and that we should wash our hands all the time. That seems pretty basic, but there are a lot of people who don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom.

oh no, of course not, what I meant is, those here who say, "it's nothing serious." will get caught with their pants down.

It's just sad that conspiracy theorists and trolls like you ruin the Neowin community.

Someone needs to educate themselves on exactly what the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (proponents of population reduction/control) and the Rockerfeller Foundation (penned the original population reduction reports in the 70's for the UN including methods of deployment via mass vaccination), more to the point, exactly what their relationship is with the UN (like Agenda 21, sustainable developement/population control) and the WHO (the delivery method). This is no conspiracy theory, it's all there for anyone who still has the ability to think for themselves to read up on from their own documents. Funding to the WHO from the UN has dropped like a rock in the last 10-15 years. At the same time the ammount of funding from private sector partnerships has increased some 300%. The WHO gets a substantial ammount of their funding from drug companies and other private donators, drug companies who profit immensely depending on what the WHO say WHO in turn recieve more funding from the drug companies and private donators who no doubt benefit in some fashion. Pass that all of as a conspiracy theory if you like, but you ignore the obvious while buying their crap hook, line and sinker.

I have been claiming its the upcoming zombie war as documented in World War Z so I might be correct!

In all serious tho I am still not worried by it, I have like other stuff like Debts to pay and other bills to worry about.

Iv'e skipped through this thread reading some post's, sounds like an argument more than a discussion lol...

It's not worth getting mad with people over something that is out of our hands anyway.

Iv'e skipped through this thread reading some post's, sounds like an argument more than a discussion lol...

It's not worth getting mad with people over something that is out of our hands anyway.

but yet you posted. that or...you couldn't resist it could you? yes I admit, I'm an addicted user here and must post..lol :)

hey the Veterans affairs was found to have tried and cover up the fact vets contracted HIV/Aids from inproperly cleaned colonoscopy equipment. the VA tried to cover it up when they were supposed to protect and serve vets.

yeah uncle sam sure cares.. I'll help push the picture too

post-157820-1241046741_thumb.jpg

Someone needs to educate themselves on exactly what the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (proponents of population reduction/control) and the Rockerfeller Foundation (penned the original population reduction reports in the 70's for the UN including methods of deployment via mass vaccination), more to the point, exactly what their relationship is with the UN (like Agenda 21, sustainable developement/population control) and the WHO (the delivery method). This is no conspiracy theory, it's all there for anyone who still has the ability to think for themselves to read up on from their own documents. Funding to the WHO from the UN has dropped like a rock in the last 10-15 years. At the same time the ammount of funding from private sector partnerships has increased some 300%. The WHO gets a substantial ammount of their funding from drug companies and other private donators, drug companies who profit immensely depending on what the WHO say WHO in turn recieve more funding from the drug companies and private donators who no doubt benefit in some fashion. Pass that all of as a conspiracy theory if you like, but you ignore the obvious while buying their crap hook, line and sinker.

LOL! PRIVATE COMPANIES ARE EVIL!!!

hey the Veterans affairs was found to have tried and cover up the fact vets contracted HIV/Aids from inproperly cleaned colonoscopy equipment. the VA tried to cover it up when they were supposed to protect and serve vets.

i heard about that and i will NEVER have another medical procedure like that done again.

LOL! PRIVATE COMPANIES ARE EVIL!!!

I take it you have no idea what a conflict of interest is? By your logic it's fine for me to punch you in the face then profit by selling you medical attention for your broken nose. Is it any wonder the world is in the state it's in when people think like you?

^ agreed!

i have young children i need to worry about here, id rather get it than have them suffer with it if need be. i still have my thoughts that this thing may get very bad, quick. it would not surprise me at all if they don't close the public schools and really take charge here. marshal law would only come to light if the public gets out of control, which can & most likely WILL happen. the way i see it, if the president of the US is now actively involved in this then it is a BIG deal. you guys do realize they may not be telling us everything right? maybe to avoid or postpone a full blown public panic and dismay.

Your posts are hilarious... and I bet it's people like you who cause shortages by panic buying and the sorts in situations like these. Quick, stock up on tinned food and water and BARRICADE yourself in - lock all the doors and windows!

I certainly am a little worried about this situation and the threat of the pandemic, but so far, all the signs are looking good. It seems to have a low mortality rate, existing anti-viral drugs are working and the world has never, ever been better prepared for a flu pandemic.

Don't forget, there might well have been 150 million deaths in 1918 - but this is 2009. We have better medical skills/facilities and can produce vaccines faster than ever. I think every expert you ask, including the WHO, say we are better prepared than ever before.

This is a big deal, but not as big as some make out. By the way some people are speaking, you'd expect as soon as we hit level 6, it's going to be death to all mankind. Get a grip!

Was there this much fear and worry when SARS and mad cow was going around? Maybe I wasnt paying attention at the time, but it seems more of a big deal is being made out of swine flu that sars or mad cow. Probably something government or media is doing to cover up the real issues in the world and to get people to start thinking about something else.

Was there this much fear and worry when SARS and mad cow was going around? Maybe I wasnt paying attention at the time, but it seems more of a big deal is being made out of swine flu that sars or mad cow. Probably something government or media is doing to cover up the real issues in the world and to get people to start thinking about something else.

I'm not too sure about mad cow, I don't really remember it - but I don't believe you can catch it through just passing it on through coughs/sneezes? (Infact, I don't know how you even catch mad cow, isn't it by eating)?

With SARS too... that didn't spread as easily. I don't believe there were any cases in the UK/most countries in Europe.

The worry here, is that 1. it is spreading/can spread really easily - and in ways that cannot really be avoided - and 2. it's on our doorsteps.

That said, it's all about perspective! 1 death outside of Mexico at the moment, and of the 20 that were confirmed in Mexico, through better testing, they've changed that to about 7.

This is something to take very seriously. It may not be that deadly now, but viruses tend to mutate and it could easily mutate into something very deadly. The fact that it's so contagious and is spreading so fast is something to be very concerned about.

SARS was even bigger a deal than this in Asia.

But it is not "so contagious" and it is not "spreading fast" and no matter how terrible 7 deaths are (all hispanic oddly enough), it is hardly worthy of the mass hysteria we are seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeKB7aKzOs

well, in less than a week, we have seen it hit multiple continents contagious is how fast it is spreading. it is propagating very fast. since we have a large number of elderly, those with immune problems, young kids have the inability to face any illnesses due to weak immune systems. the dead "could build up." what about 55-90 year olds by themselves? I've heard of elderly who've died months ago being found in their homes after the fact. Not stoking the fire here but, how many stubborn asses refuse to get treated spreading it to others? also people will refuse to accept the fact they have it and ignore it, going around their daily lives to and fro spreading it to others.

hell in food service classes I've taken, they teach us just how dangerous food illness is and those with weak immune systems, again young kids,elderly and those who have compromised immune systems are in danger.