Longhorn Beta 1

i think Beta 1 will start July 30, 2003 :)

when do you think.

that would be cool if it did, but I HIGHLY doubt it, that's a little too soon. Longhorn is good now, but to slow, and too many bugs. I believe it is looking up for Microsoft, I can't wait for the first beta. Getting rid of the blue screen of install death is a great idea, although the options (i only used 4008 so I don't know about 4015) were very limited for me, has that changed in 4015?

is this a money pool? ill put $10 bucks on it starting September 15th, 2003. If we guess the date we should get a prize :p

i say...... september 20th 2003. i think they have come a long way, but there is still a lot to do before they get to the beta stage. a few months might not sound like a lot, but now that windows server 2003 is done, they have a LOT more people working on longhorn.

they will skip the beta alltogether and just realse the fiinal thing and fix all the crap in SP1 LOL

how do you know their progress? is there a site where i can read something or even find the beta if exists?

WiNBETA hinted in one of their earlier articles that it is nearing the beta stage so i wouldn't be surprised if we saw a beta of Longhorn as early as in the summer.

how do you know their progress? is there a site where i can read something or even find the beta if exists?

he's making fun of windows. a lot of people think you shouldn't use any new version of windows at least until the first service pack comes out, cause it fixes a lot of bugs.

he's making fun of windows. a lot of people think you shouldn't use any new version of windows at least until the first service pack comes out, cause it fixes a lot of bugs.

Yep thats right :whistle:

Its just like buying a box of chocolates, you should always wait for the firsts service pack.. :rofl:

Well there is M6 and M7 to go yet before it hits beta. I would say 5 months time it takes to do two milestones. So october, which links in nice with PDC. I think we all know we'll see the Beta or near beta of LH @ PDC :)

I think it will come out Winter 2003.

I second that... expect I am willing to bet it will start in middle to late November or early December. With a small break for X-mas then more betas will be released in Jan. 2004.

:ninja: :whistle:

you all are gussing random dates!!!! no i think it will come out tomorrow, no i think it will come out in 5682. stop gussing, look at the whole picture before u start makling up dumb dates.

wont be this year ya'll, wont be next year neather. its about 15,20 percent compleate. ms not thinking about releasing till end of '05 when ppl will be buying new computer and the econ. gets better. ms thinks about money, ms knows when its going to be released. a release time is the most important thing. you dont release something when most ppl have already bought a new computer. that the problem ms had with ME. dont ask me how i no. btw, blackcomb, aka svr7, is aiming for 07. get it?