What are you reading right now?

Been reading a lot lately. In the last month I finished The Hunger Games Trilogy, Robopacalypse and Murder City (Remind me never to go to Juarez). I just recently finished The Fall of Berlin which was a very depressing read. 2 million women raped by the Russian 2nd Units including holocaust survivors. Unbelievable! (That was just an excerpt. Don't think I'm invalidating the many other horrible events that transpired in the war.)

Currently I'm reading Helter Skelter.

Started reading A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series currently on the 4th book but I'm finding it really hard to read where as the other 3 parts I found easy and could just read them for hours, it seems to be about people I simply don't care about who he's just thrown in to give us some perspective from the other side? anyone whose finished the series does this book get any better? is it worth reading to get to the 5th book?

Started reading A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series currently on the 4th book but I'm finding it really hard to read where as the other 3 parts I found easy and could just read them for hours, it seems to be about people I simply don't care about who he's just thrown in to give us some perspective from the other side? anyone whose finished the series does this book get any better? is it worth reading to get to the 5th book?

It does get better, and while it's annoying jumping to different perspectives of lesser characters, it was a necessary evil. It happens far more with Dance with Dragons, with several characters having different names in different chapters; I found that most annoying. Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons aren't up to par with the first three imo, especially with the first, because there seems to be more focus on thoughts and side information rather than plot progression. I noticed Martin wandered more and more with each book, even starting with A Clash of Kings. A lot of interesting things happen and I suggest sticking with it, however.

Currently on my kindle I have:

1. 2030: The real story of what happens to america (interesting read)

2. carte blanche (new 007 book)

3. the devil in the white city

4. the girl with the dragon tattoo series

5. the oral history of the great warming (short story)

6. leviathan wakes

It does get better, and while it's annoying jumping to different perspectives of lesser characters, it was a necessary evil. It happens far more with Dance with Dragons, with several characters having different names in different chapters; I found that most annoying. Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons aren't up to par with the first three imo, especially with the first, because there seems to be more focus on thoughts and side information rather than plot progression. I noticed Martin wandered more and more with each book, even starting with A Clash of Kings. A lot of interesting things happen and I suggest sticking with it, however.

Thanks, it's a shame he started to wander, it does seem as if he's lost control of all the side plots etc.

Finished Old Man's War, starting the sequel:

book_the_ghost_brigades.jpg

Thanks, it's a shame he started to wander, it does seem as if he's lost control of all the side plots etc.

Yeah, but there's still great story telling going on. I occasionally found myself skimming over certain parts. I usually had a good feel for when I reached a part that really didn't matter much and would go to the next paragraph or two and continue reading. I don't usually do this either.

I finished Hyperion by Dan Simmons last week, only to discover it was a two parter... :pinch:

So I am currently reading Fall of Hyperion.

I'm reading The Spy by Clive Cussler at the moment. So far it's shaping up to be alright but it hasn't blown me away. I was recommended Cussler's work by a friend, but this book doesn't seem exemplary at the moment. Maybe it's because I haven't read the earlier books in the Isaac Bell series, but I'm not sure.