It's official.. iTunes is awful

simply put don't use itunes on windows, its retarded, every song you have, it creates a double of it in its own folder, how stupid is that? i was wondering one day why i had so little space then i found out it does that :/

It did that because you told it to. I'm serious, you have to go check a box and everything.

It was more of a jokingly "official" :)

Just try running games and having iTunes run a video.. You'll see how much it will crash.

When you run iTunes by itself and smaller apps it's fine but go with hardware GPU accelerated apps and running video through itunes and you get crashes. Try it and report.

As I already mentioned it's probably Quicktime more so then iTunes alone, but the fact that iTunes needs QT it's the same crap.

Is this running videos and games at the same time? or as soon as you install iTunes games start crashing even when it is not running?

People always bang on about how bad Apple software is on the Windows platform, yet seem to forget about the travesties that are Office for Mac and Windows Messenger for Mac :laugh:

Just try running games and having iTunes run a video.. You'll see how much it will crash.

Funny that, i often have iTunes on a dual monitor setup, with music/video/tvshow on one monitor, and a game on the other one. Usually something demanding like Crysis or Cod 5.

Not one crash. Ever.

Slow downs in iTunes, yes, but never one crash.

People always bang on about how bad Apple software is on the Windows platform, yet seem to forget about the travesties that are Office for Mac and Windows Messenger for Mac :laugh:

QFT!

Where the hell is webcam support in MSN for mac?? Where is it?

Also, with office 08, The windows version is patched within a few days of problems being found. Us mac users can be waiting months.

let me guess you install a rather "healthy" amount of software/drivers/codecs/blah blah blah......

Install, uninstall, install, uninstall, Tweak this, Tweak that, Maybe a lil OC here and there?

Am I correct?

Do you use a lot of soft that is "supposed" to make things better or add functions that hook into other other or all apps or even directly into the OS?

Ive Moved onto Mac from Windows as my Primary OS, because all of my experience with it led me to the conclusion that Windows Only True flaw compared to other OS's is the user, no matter how good you think you are or how good other programmers think they are when they write soft to "make things better" the duration of this process volatile to the stability of not only the OS but the Apps that it runs.

Why? Because the whole Windows community understands that if they make things "pretty" and "shiny" we will want it, but if its perfect there is no reason to buy more, well and the fact that Windows is just Windows.

Think of Windows as "Crack"

now dont get me wrong if Windows is "crack"

OS X is most definitely "Methadone"

The Windows Environment almost seems to just be prone to this at its foundation. more so than others imo

I used iTunes for almost 4 or 5 years and it didn't crash my system, but it did always make it slow. I think iTunes is garbage on Windows also; maybe a ploy to drive people towards Mac where I heard it works awesome (coincidence?). Lol. It's slow but I've always suspected QT. I think the Zune software is a lot better. A lot.

Either way, there is nothing "official" about it. Just an opinion.

Well name an alternative to iTunes for Windows to sync iPods and this argument would stand, you don't have to use Office for Mac and you don't have to use Windows Messenger for Mac, but Windows users have to use iTunes to sync their iPods.

Well name an alternative to iTunes for Windows to sync iPods and this argument would stand, you don't have to use Office for Mac and you don't have to use Windows Messenger for Mac, but Windows users have to use iTunes to sync their iPods.

Your point is void. Whether the software is mandatory or not is irrelevant. Just because there are alternatives to Office and Windows Messenger on OS X doesn't justify bad programming and design.

until I got an iPhone and need it to sync apps and videos.

Not sure about videos, but apps. They can be downloaded on the device itself. So why worry?

I rarely connect my iPhone to my computer, and 90% of the apps i download on the handset itself. Of the phone gets lost/stolen, i won't loose the apps, i can download them again.

Floola

/end of discussion

Not sure about videos, but apps. They can be downloaded on the device itself. So why worry?

I rarely connect my iPhone to my computer, and 90% of the apps i download on the handset itself. Of the phone gets lost/stolen, i won't loose the apps, i can download them again.

Wow youre right! iTunes isnt necessary at all for an iPhone... I should just stop griping because a program that I dont really need sucks.

Surfing the app store on my iPhone is the best! And using winamp, another program I hate, I can add music! To sync my calendars I can just use pen and paper. Syncing contacts... again, Ill just write em down on a piece of paper in case I lose all the info on my device (Which already happened and good thing I had it backed up besides 3 new numbers), videos... not that important I guess, maybe I can fudge winamp or something. No need to back up the whole phone either.

Surfing the app store on my iPhone is the best! Nothing wrong with it. you can brows. It has the top 25/50 apps. New apps. Most popular apps.

And using winamp, another program I hate, I can add music! why do you hate it? It works fine, if you think it is ugly, theme it.

To sync my calendars I can just use pen and paper. Syncing contacts... again, Ill just write em down on a piece of paper in case I lose all the info on my device (Which already happened and good thing I had it backed up besides 3 new numbers), Use google calendars and google contacts. They sync between your phone and the conact online in your gmail account without having to connect to a computer

videos... not that important I guess, maybe I can fudge winamp or something.

No need to back up the whole phone either.There isnt much need to back it up if everything is saved on the web.

My iPhone is damaged, and i will be getting it replaced next week. Within 15 mins of me getting my new handset, i will have all my contacts on it, and begin downloading my apps. By the time i have done the 150mile trip home, i will have all my apps/contacts/calendars back on it. And will just need to stick my music on it when i am home. Which can be done with a number of apps.

My iPhone is damaged, and i will be getting it replaced next week. Within 15 mins of me getting my new handset, i will have all my contacts on it, and begin downloading my apps. By the time i have done the 150mile trip home, i will have all my apps/contacts/calendars back on it. And will just need to stick my music on it when i am home. Which can be done with a number of apps.

Yes more apps!!!!! And I use Google to sync my apps (Which is actually the contact syncing Im talking about which saved me), but I use iTunes to do so.

See, I personally use mobile me, and that is brilliant.

But my other half uses google contacts with her iPhone. and it is all synced over the air. No itunes needed.

I think the iPod or the Zune needs to become platform independent. If they can download and manage collections directly on the device itself, that would be brilliant. I suppose your music has to be stored on your PC somewhere though.

For some unknown reason, apple won't bow to logics and just use the native Windows UI like everyone else, they seem to insist on porting their UI's over from OSX which not only look awful and out of place on any machine with Aero enabled, they are IMO the root cause of a lot of the performance issues in their applications.

As long as they keep making money from their hardware though they can probably pretty much get away with tacking their Windows software on as almost an afterthought

Never had a problem with iTunes on Windows. Its one of the first programs I install when I format.

Wow..what a difference. I uninstalled iTunes, uninstalled Quicktime, ran the clean up app to remove everything Apple and services and the machine is running so smooth again. I'm using now VLC, Quicktime Alternative and things are beautiful. I'm using iTunes exclusively on a Mac now cause that's the only place it works properly but I'm definitely not surprised.

Have you tried Floola? It has good reviews as a iTunes replacement and also works in Windows/Mac/Linux