• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

It's official.. iTunes is awful

jasondefaoite    375

No problem with iTunes and Photoshop running at the same time on my system. Videos and all.

Win7 RC, iTunes 8.1.

User problem.

9UnknownMen    13

It's been official since it was first unleashed on Windows. Thank god the alternative scene is as good as it is now, back in the day one was stuck with %hiTunes only.

notuptome2004    177

Boz in quick time to to edit then to preferences then to quick time preferences then go to well here is a image to show that you can disable Directx acclerationg or anything related to it and use only GDI rendering system

95658965.th.jpg

Unkoil    1

I hate Apple software on top of Windows period....

I don't mind Apple software when using OSX

soldier1st    40

Itunes is best on Apple Oses but horrible on Anything else, that slow buggy dependent on ick quicktime and being forced to use it just so you can manage your apple stuff, apple should give the user a choice on what to use, if i want to use an app to manage something that is fine as long as i can do it other ways but with apple that won't happen, makes me more happy just to use a simple MP3 player as your not bound to a single app unless you want to. Cmon apple don't you understand what Choice is?if you payed me big bucks to change my mind then maybe.

Boz    1,344
Boz in quick time to to edit then to preferences then to quick time preferences then go to well here is a image to show that you can disable Directx acclerationg or anything related to it and use only GDI rendering system

95658965.th.jpg

I know..I'm just done.. it's not just crashing that happens ocassionally..it's everything..their services, drivers, updates.. all the crap that runs on top of Windows killing your system.

I'm telling you, uninstall EVERYTHING Apple and see your system fly. I did it and the system is super fresh and smooth. They just don't know how to code for Windows (or whatever the reason for their crapware is) and I'm much better off without it. To be honest I don't know any major sites or services that use Quicktime anyways. After I liberate my music from their DRM I'll stop completely using their software even on a Mac. I'll use Amazon for videos and shows and mp3s and just fill up my iPhone with them cause my car has support for it.

It feels so great being Apple free on my PC. Try it, uninstall Quicktime and iTunes and see your PC work right! ;)

(Spork)    87

i gave up itunes a looooooong time ago its pure **** !

and the people screaming "user error " pull you heads out of apples poop dumper

Scorbing    517

Apple and Microsoft are like religion and politics:

They don't go together.

Apple should stay away from Windows just as Microsoft should stay away from Mac OS.

tsupersonic    1,921

iTunes has been **** for Windows, and always will be ****ty for Windows.

Boz    1,344
Apple and Microsoft are like religion and politics:

They don't go together.

Apple should stay away from Windows just as Microsoft should stay away from Mac OS.

I would agree.. only I think Apple needs Microsoft more than Microsoft needs Apple :)

jewishornet    0
I would agree.. only I think Apple needs Microsoft more than Microsoft needs Apple :)

:laugh:

Yeah because Vista was such a success and didn't microsoft recently report losses? Apple doesn't need MS at all

tsupersonic    1,921

Yeah because Vista was such a success and didn't microsoft recently report losses? Apple doesn't need MS at all

They both need each other, without one, the other suffers.

Eric    1,605

Bonjour routinely explodes on my computer. Always has and still did as of the last version of iTunes. I found the main app it to be horrendously sluggish as well.

Raa    1,590

I remember installing itunes and blowing away bonjour, then for the first time, itunes had a huge hissy about bonjour missing and the program wont work etc etc. :rolle:

Winamp with mliPod FTW, IMO.

Boz    1,344

I just stopped using everything Apple on Windows completely.. QT Alternative and VLC for player FTW

BoJo    0
Funny that, i often have iTunes on a dual monitor setup, with music/video/tvshow on one monitor, and a game on the other one. Usually something demanding like Crysis or Cod 5.

Not one crash. Ever.

Slow downs in iTunes, yes, but never one crash.

QFT!

Where the hell is webcam support in MSN for mac?? Where is it?

Also, with office 08, The windows version is patched within a few days of problems being found. Us mac users can be waiting months.

God the webcam thing bugs me...

Eric    1,605

As far as I know the latest version of Mac Messenger was intended for use with Exchange on corporate networks. That's probably why it doesn't include the webcam features.

Boz    1,344

I'm not sure why Vista is not a success. I find it to be a great OS. Much much better than XP.

Saying a company with 90% of marketshare needs a company with 10% is funny to me. They don't need them at all. I'd like to hear why you think Microsoft needs Apple?

On the other hand Apple still needs Microsoft. Imagine what would happen if you didn't have Office on Mac or couldn't run Windows on Mac Pro. You'd be stuck with Apple Mail that doesn't read Outlook emails properly or using Pages that is super simple word processing that still has compatibility issues with Word and other office formats that 90% of people use. I'm pretty sure Apple needs MS more then MS needs Apple. I don't see anything that MS needs from Apple.

I work on my Mac Pro quite a bit too and Apple mail and iWork just doesn't work right with anything I get from my business partners, clients etc that all use Office. So first thing you need to install is Entourage and Office 2008.

As far as I know the latest version of Mac Messenger was intended for use with Exchange on corporate networks. That's probably why it doesn't include the webcam features.

Right, but I also don't understand why anyone would use MSN messanger on a mac when you have Adium or iChat. I really don't use MSN messenger so not sure. Is there something that MSN has that Adium or iChat doesn't?

morganpugh84    1

I've been using iTunes since I got my iPhone 3G in October and have not had a single problem with it. Sure sometimes it lags a little (only when it is syncing to my phone though from what I have noticed) but overall it is a pretty solid program from my experience. It always syncs just fine with my phone. Handles my 13GB of music just fine all tagged up nicely and with album art. The visualisation is beautiful and iTunes Remote on my iPhone (and friends iPod Touch) is great. I have it hooked up to my TV via HDMI and it using iTunes DJ is great.

I was really nervous about getting an iPhone after so many people said iTunes was so crap but I find it runs just great. Using Vista Ultimate 32bit SP2 (SP1 until a few weeks ago when I reinstalled with SP2).

Sorry I can't really offer any help but I just wanted to say that not everybody has an awful time with iTunes in case anybody is put off buying an Apple product because of people reporting problems like this.