[Official] inFAMOUS

Neowin Karma  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Your first playthrough/only playthrough, what will you pick?

• Good :-D
    • Evil >:|

Well, I'm a couple hours into Prototype and I am loving it. I'm not saying it is better than inFamous but it certainly isn't worse either.

If Prototype had a Karma system though, you'd be evil within 2.5 milliseconds. It's impossible not to kill a bunch of civvies in each mission :laugh:

Well, I'm a couple hours into Prototype and I am loving it. I'm not saying it is better than inFamous but it certainly isn't worse either.

If Prototype had a Karma system though, you'd be evil within 2.5 milliseconds. It's impossible not to kill a bunch of civvies in each mission :laugh:

Yeah, you definitely mow down a few innocent bystanders in the process :laugh:

Well I have to revise my initial response to inFamous.

Starts off a bit repetitive but it gets much much better as the game progresses and story is interesting. At the end of it I liked it quite a bit and if you follow main storyline it's about 10-12 hours which I liked. I don't like games you can't finish. Graphics are okay, slightly lower resolution than what I expected (or what was shown in screenshots - it's obviously polished) but everything does run smooth and destruction when you upgrade down the road is definitely nice. It's not gears of war graphics or uncharted but it's still very nice and looks great when you play. You can go good (hero) or evil in the game and you have different abilities depending on which you choose. I was skeptical at the beginning but this game turned out to be a great one. Can't wait for Infamous 2.

Worthy buy and fun game for PS3 owners.

Just finished my "good" run through, what a blast. Glad they leave the city unlocked when you finished the main story, have to go back and get those last dozen shards I missed and just wander about some more. Hope we get some new missions via DLC while we wait for the sequel. And of course before the sequel ships I'll have to do an evil play through.

Ok so I wasn't hugely impressed with the game the first time I played. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was great.

Are the evil powers awesome enough to warrent a second playthrough just to try them all? (I played good the first time around)

Playing a couple hours of prototype made me appreciate this game even more

Same, though I must say I'm having more fun with Prototype's superpowers, inFAMOUS feels so much more polished and better overall.

I have a question. How do you change your karma to good? Everything I do is bad and I have a bad karma. I want to be good.

I have a question. How do you change your karma to good? Everything I do is bad and I have a bad karma. I want to be good.

1) start over, and be good

2) don't kill pedestrians

3) do "good" side missions

4) take the "good" choice when it's presented to you

1) start over, and be good

2) don't kill pedestrians

3) do "good" side missions

4) take the "good" choice when it's presented to you

So the only way to be good again is to start over??

So the only way to be good again is to start over??

No, sorry if I made it seem that way. That's just four ways to do it.

No, sorry if I made it seem that way. That's just four ways to do it.

Ohh ok

I guess Im going to play as bad first. I'm already killing everyone :p

Ohh ok

I guess Im going to play as bad first. I'm already killing everyone :p

You should generally play all the way through as one or the other anyway, since you get a trophy for reaching highest/lowest karma, and for finishing in the best/worst karma. If you play through evenly, you lose all four of those.

Pick a side, at least for the specific missions. I was good initially and locked out 2 evil missions. Then I went evil and can't complete all the evil missions so I need to replay it all. Really fun game though, can't wait for the sequel and face "the beast" and its pyrokenetic powers. mmmm fiiire. :drool:

Question for you guys. I'm in Warren right now and have 10 evil side missions complete but the level 2 upgrade for the Arc Lightning is not available. Any one know what's up?

I would fish through the thread, but I don't want to read any spoilers.

Pick a side, at least for the specific missions. I was good initially and locked out 2 evil missions. Then I went evil and can't complete all the evil missions so I need to replay it all. Really fun game though, can't wait for the sequel [snip]

Can you say "spoiler"? I have already completed my first playthrough but you should really edit that out dude...

Question for you guys. I'm in Warren right now and have 10 evil side missions complete but the level 2 upgrade for the Arc Lightning is not available. Any one know what's up?

I believe you need to also have an Infamous rating as well no?

I could be wrong, but I think it is 10 side missions and the Infamous rating.

Yeah I think you need the top karma rating (of evil or good) for some powers.

On another note, Larry a Veteran as well? :(

I can only assume this came through Neowin axing gaming news...

• 2 weeks later...
I just picked up Infamous a few days ago and finally started playing it today...gotta ask...how much platforming is in this game?

Much like Assassin's Creed without horseback riding.

that's what i thought....**** me. Not sure if I will finish the game, but I will at least hold onto it.

*shrug* that was one of the bigger selling points of the game was the great platforming. Cole can't drive, but he can "grind" on powerlines and train rails if movement is an issue. There are very few sections of the game (so far, I'm just about to finish the 2nd island) that require platforming as an essential element, it's just easier to jump building to building w/o getting shot nearly as much as you would have running around.

I'm having the same problem, except in 'Good'. I have a Hero rating, and 10 good side missions, and can't get the 2nd level Overload Burst.