[Official] inFAMOUS

Neowin Karma  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Your first playthrough/only playthrough, what will you pick?

• Good :-D
    • Evil >:|

I need 2 more trophies for the platinum - unlocking all good powers and unlocking all evil powers. Gotta do some grinding for XP on my good save though since I completed all the side missions already and have around 4000 XP left for the last power. :(

Hows everyone finding it then.. loving it? living up to your thoughts?!

Absolutely - unlike so many other titles, this one really DOES live up to the hype. I really expect it to be one of the major Game of the Year contenders when all is said and done; it's that good.

If anyone out there is still thinking about whether they're gonna get it this weekend, I'd highly recommend downloading the demo (since it's still on the PSN anyways); once you get a taste, you'll be totally hooked! (At least, I was.)

Hrrrrrrrrrrrm.

Getting even more concerned about the samey-ness of missions. A little disappointed, to be honest.

GTAIV/Saints Row 2 had a seemingly wider variety of missions and they were actually slated for that lack of variety of missions in a fair number of reviews.

Also, the interaction with NPC characters, for a sandbox game, is remarkably restricted. I mean, I start a mission and some guy is on my phone talking like he's knows me - it sounds like I've skipped a vital mission or someone has name-dropped him and it hasn't clicked.

Anyone else getting this feeling?

It's like there's three reactions to you:

1. Woohoo! Go Cole!

2. Boo hiss boo, I **** on your face, jamook!

3. Flash ****ing flash of a camera.

This game doesn't really bear comparison to GTAIV/Saints Row in terms of sandbox. It's more like Mercenaries where NPC characters are black'n'white and your cohorts are various schmucks of a stereotypical order.

Fair enough, the way Cole climbs/vaults/leaps/slides through the environment is a dream and the superpowers are pretty neat but I'm feeling like there's soul missing from this game.

I am done with the story line, done side missions. I am only missing 1 upgrade which is 12000 worth and have only 6578.

This sucks now have to go shard hunting and keep reviving freaking ass h*les that for no apparently reason one second they're on the street choking for air and the next second they disappear.

Did I just do a mission twice? :?

A fountain had black fluid in it and I had to turn a valve. I met up with the ex and turned the valve. The valve sprayed black fluid in my face and I had to follow the ex back to her ambulance for treatment while my balance was impaired and I suffered hallucinations.

She treated me and said it was the last time....but I've done the exact same mission already. In fact, there was a second mission afterwards to find the remaining water mains and turn them off.

Edit: It is literally the exact same thing - two water mains in the park. Second main produces a karma decision.

OK, it is obviously not the exact same mission as ~I ended up having to go through some undergroudn tunnel fighting supersized Reavers but WTF? the first half of that mission is a carbon copy of an earlier mission. That is lame and unimaginative.

Edited by WastedJoker

I completed it this morning, played from when it arrived about 12 till about 1am, then then finished off this morning for the last 3 missions.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, as has been mentioned, the story drops off a bit about mid way and not much happens, but then picks up near the end.

I played through as good the first time, and i liked how it ended, was more interesting than i thought it would be considering, and IMO the ending wasn't given away by anything at all, but maybe playing through so quickly I didnt think about it much, but it sets it up for a sequel nicely.

I thought the game was quite tricky at first as i died quite a bit, but I didn't realise it sets your difficulty at the begning depening on how you do, so i ended up playing through on hard as I got the trophy at the end, lol.

Its not too bad on hard, but some enemies take quite a bit to kill near the end, and maybe i missed it, but the demo is bit missleading as your electricity never recharges over time, even slightly, which is a pity, but it adds to the challege i suppsoe. :p

Now I will be doing my run through as evil, being totally good or totally evil isn't that difficult to maintain, but there were a few moral decisions I wanted to go with evil.

Ah well, ay, lol.

The one thing I was a little disapointed at was that you become an all super powered bad ass really, and that there is no faster means to travel past grinding on lines and rails and hovering.

But thats in short, me and Yn....the other news staffer whose name i can never spell, lol, are going to do a proper review.

This game doesn't really bear comparison to GTAIV/Saints Row in terms of sandbox. It's more like Mercenaries where NPC characters are black'n'white and your cohorts are various schmucks of a stereotypical order.

Fair enough, the way Cole climbs/vaults/leaps/slides through the environment is a dream and the superpowers are pretty neat but I'm feeling like there's soul missing from this game.

I think it bears more comparison to Crackdown and Assassin's Creed, and I think it holds up very well in that comparison.

So I literally played it a good 3 hours today, if not a bit more (actually going to play an hour after I post this and go off to bed). Since I am not sure if I will have time to ever play it a second time around, I am going Evil. I almost regretted doing so, but now I do not mind at all.

I just think it is a very well made game, I honestly do. The platforming (climbing) is pretty much spot on. It is pretty damn smart to just "snapping" to where you want to go. I have only had one or two wonky moments of just jumping up and down in the same place, but other than that it really is quite intelligent. It is pretty much my favorite aspect of the game itself. I am just a sucker for games I can climb massive city scapes like a super hero. Loved Crackdown for the very same reason.

I am also finding the variety of the missions to be a good mix as of right now. I have done about 7-8 side missions, and 4 or 5 main missions I believe. I also have over 25% of the shards as I did get the trophie for that, and I think around 9 or 10 drop boxes. So I have had a pretty well rounded experience so far. I honestly could just focus on the shards, but I really want to get around to unlocking the whole Glide in the Air - Glide on Wires And Tracks before doing so.

Honestly, my one and only thing would it might have been nice to just let us use some guns here and there. Just special ones and not even all of the time. I am just already finding the combat a tad monotonous, so I do fear by the end of the game I may find it just totally old. We will see.

So how do I go about unlocking the glide and slide? Is it the side missions or the main missions? I have unlocked the grenades, and I just did the main mission with the pipes.

EDIT - So sure enough I just unlocked the slide on rails and wires. I am assuming the glide will be unlocked next time I am in the sewers and have a "flashback."? TIA DL

Also very happy with the game, been playing it for about 5 to 6 hours now and I love it. My first run is as a good guy and it looks pretty great how it effects the world around, cleared the entire first island and it's just a big empty playground now without any enemies around, oddly enough there are still missions where you have to get back to the first island and the place is crawling with enemies again.

Still, the variety in missions and the pace in which you unlock new abilities are spot on imo, it gives you a real sense you're learning to control your powers and you're getting more and more bad-ash, it's just the way you "unlock" these powers that's pretty lame, all those sewer missions are really annoying and could've been done a lot better, it feels out of place somehow.

Anyway, I will without a doubt finish it twice as the good and evil stuff seems different enough from each other to warrant a second playthrough.

Interesting question guys, how does Cole clean himself? I mean it's now Day 16 and since he can't handle water I am amazed people are still being pleasant to him :p

Interesting question guys, how does Cole clean himself? I mean it's now Day 16 and since he can't handle water I am amazed people are still being pleasant to him :p

He uses static to repel dirt/dust/sweat :p

So I literally played it a good 3 hours today, if not a bit more (actually going to play an hour after I post this and go off to bed). Since I am not sure if I will have time to ever play it a second time around, I am going Evil. I almost regretted doing so, but now I do not mind at all.

I just think it is a very well made game, I honestly do. The platforming (climbing) is pretty much spot on. It is pretty damn smart to just "snapping" to where you want to go. I have only had one or two wonky moments of just jumping up and down in the same place, but other than that it really is quite intelligent. It is pretty much my favorite aspect of the game itself. I am just a sucker for games I can climb massive city scapes like a super hero. Loved Crackdown for the very same reason.

I am also finding the variety of the missions to be a good mix as of right now. I have done about 7-8 side missions, and 4 or 5 main missions I believe. I also have over 25% of the shards as I did get the trophie for that, and I think around 9 or 10 drop boxes. So I have had a pretty well rounded experience so far. I honestly could just focus on the shards, but I really want to get around to unlocking the whole Glide in the Air - Glide on Wires And Tracks before doing so.

Honestly, my one and only thing would it might have been nice to just let us use some guns here and there. Just special ones and not even all of the time. I am just already finding the combat a tad monotonous, so I do fear by the end of the game I may find it just totally old. We will see.

So how do I go about unlocking the glide and slide? Is it the side missions or the main missions? I have unlocked the grenades, and I just did the main mission with the pipes.

EDIT - So sure enough I just unlocked the slide on rails and wires. I am assuming the glide will be unlocked next time I am in the sewers and have a "flashback."? TIA DL

My play experience almost mirrors yours, in what I have achieved so far and how much I am enjoying it.

This is probably the best game I played this year so far.

Larry, I unlocked the cable grind during the 3rd generator sequence

Nevermind, somehow it decided to finally work. Just got really frustrated for a few minutes LOL

just me or do the towers/cranes you can shoot to make new routes reset? if im correct and they do then whats the point? might as well just find a wire to grind

also not having a stats screen is weak

apart from those minor gripes i quite enjoy it but with rf:g and prototype out soon infamous has some competition in the openworld genre, they should have included some form of multiplayer imo

also not having a stats screen is weak

When you go to load a save game it tells you your stats! Just hover over the save.

I'm having a ton of fun with this, I must be quite slow at playing it I'm only on the second island. One thing I'll say though is nothing in a game so far has distracted me as much as those shards - I think it's because you can push R3 and find them, then even on a mission if one pops up I always think I better get that in case I can't find it later :p

I'm gonna get a platinum on this, but those damn stunts are bloody hard. I'm stuck on one to shockwave 3 people off a building and get a 3x high fall death multiplier. I've done all of island 1 so no more Dark Water missions :( Probably need to do all the stunts on my evil playthrough.

The fold out map has a pretty cool poster on the back

ded68.jpg

i looked at one of my save at the xmb, the stats were not that detailed, maybe its different ingame

You need to do it in-game

OMG! It took me foreeever to beat the Dinner with Sasha mission last night. I had no clue I had to run up to her and melee her. I didn't want to jump in the tar LOL. It ended up being more than half an hour to figure it out LOL.

is it possible to finnish the dinner with sasha mission and get good karma?

I've noticed this with one or two missions.

I think it's to do with how you approach the mission, if you kill any civilians, etc. I accidentally killed two of the hostages because they looked like they'd transformed into reapers :( It's likely you might of done the same.