[Official] Left 4 Dead 2

what are the chances that valve will continue to support Left4Dead 1 and Left4Dead 2 at the same time?

They'll still support it, but possibly not so much as new content unless 1 sees the overhaul that 2 is getting (doubtful).

Left 4 Dead would be so much better with a proper DLC, I would have kept playing it if there were other choices besides 5 maps.

I just read the IGN article. They said they would support both games. I can see Valve fans satisfied if they made the decision of:

1. Release Left4Dead 2 with the original Left4Dead packaged in the same disc and the player gets to select either game from a startup menu

2. Sell Left4Dead 2 as an expansion to Left4Dead 1 at a reduced price and have it operate as above.

Very letdown with this. I thought the original was good but overrated. And now the second one is coming out so soon with not much difference... is this really Valve?

Very letdown with this. I thought the original was good but overrated. And now the second one is coming out so soon with not much difference... is this really Valve?

Aw c'mon, you can't start doing that the first time they do something this bad. They're not a completely different company because of this one thing.

I want a story this time. :yes: If its just more of the same with just some updated maps, people, and weapons then no buy from me. :/

Well technically it's not Valve, they bought over the studio who created L4D, Turtle Rock Studios.

Although since they aquired them I'm sure Valve has injected their own teams into the development.

Well technically it's not Valve, they bought over the studio who created L4D, Turtle Rock Studios.

But they're now a part of Valve, so the same quality that we've come to know from Valve games, as well as their habits in handling them, should still apply. I wouldn't use this to write them off, but it definitely doesn't say much about them. To my knowledge it's the first time they've done something like this, so it's kind of a big deal.

Although since they aquired them I'm sure Valve has injected their own teams into the development.

Turtle Rock Studios is known as Valve South now (yes, seriously).

Aw c'mon, you can't start doing that the first time they do something this bad. They're not a completely different company because of this one thing.

Why not? It looks like a cheap rehash with almost nothing new.

Why not? It looks like a cheap rehash with almost nothing new.

My point is: When's the last time Valve has done this? Seems like you're ready to blow them off over this first major offense.

My point is: When's the last time Valve has done this? Seems like you're ready to blow them off over this first major offense.

Never. Which is why I can understand it being a worrying precedent. :/

*cough*hl episode 1 &2 *cough*

I have no clue what you're trying to say.

Am I not allowed to say I don't like this? I never said this is something they're going to be doing often.

I have no clue what you're trying to say.

Am I not allowed to say I don't like this? I never said this is something they're going to be doing often.

Not sure where this is getting lost in translation, but you appeared to be acting like you were ready to toss Valve to the way side for something they don't ordinarily do. It's like all this time, everything was peachy, then they do this one thing that is contrary to their norm, and that's it, they're dead to you. That's example is quite extreme, but what you seem like is a degree of that since you're questioning if this is even the company we've come to know and love.

Nothing of what I've said suggested you can't have an opinion. I don't like this either and since it's the only time Valve has done something so drastic and out of the ordinary, I don't see them doing this with their other products, so I'm not ready to write them off as you appear to be.

Never. Which is why I can understand it being a worrying precedent. :/

Don't see why.

It being released so soon just makes me think the devs were really happy to work on it (they chose to work on it, and they've done it this quickly, they weren't forced to)

Don't see why.

It being released so soon just makes me think the devs were really happy to work on it (they chose to work on it, and they've done it this quickly, they weren't forced to)

in fact they had a decision on what the next project to be and they choice l4d2

Is anyone else a little creeped out that the trailer takes place in what looks a bit like it could be New Orleans? I'm all for ignoring political correctness whenever possible, but it just seems a bit cruel to have a zombie apocalypse somewhere that actually _had_ a zombie apocalypse (minus actual zombies) in recent memory.

Regardless, it looks like it'll be an awesome game. I look forward to it, hopefully with some sort of L4D1 discount in place :hmmm:

Probably it will be the same engine, same graphics, just new maps and new weapons....

As I said before.... Milking the cow....

This is more of a mod than a new game....

Does anyone have any screens from the sequel?

They're going to use the same game engine (Source), but it'll be an updated version. With each game release, Valve adds new features to the Source engine. A good example is the addition of HDR rendering in Half-Life 2: Episode One. Another example is the addition of soft particles, full screen motion blur, and dynamic lighting/shadowing in Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Left 4 Dead 2 will be bigger and better than Left 4 Dead. It may seem like the same game with added maps and weapons, but it'll turn out to be something much different. We'll see new survivors, weapons, zombies, and locales. Basically, it's a different game. They better offer a discount to people who bought Left 4 Dead.