UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta Starts June 3

Sweet, downloading now, but I really need to go to sleep. Will def check out at some point tomorrow, probably during lunch as I will be working from home and not in the office.

Is the only way to get into the beta by buying inFamous now and does the beta work in the UK with a UK PSN account?

Is the only way to get into the beta by buying inFamous now and does the beta work in the UK with a UK PSN account?

You'll need to use a US account afaik. I got in by having a qore sub, but I guess now the only way is to either get a code online or get infamous.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...us/Product.html

Full price, but..

Receive an exclusive code to access the 'Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' BETA. Codes and instructions will be emailed before the BETA commences (date to be confirmed). Limited availability while stocks last.

Who knows if they have any left. The page could be outdated.

So has anyone played enough yet to get an idea how it is? I'm really looking forward to this game (mostly for the SP), so if the MP is good that'll just make it better.

I never played the first one (I'll rectify that soon though, my birthday is coming up). But, was there multiplayer in the first one?

I tried to have a game, but gave up as it didnt find any games to play, will try later tonight to see if more people around to get a game.

So has anyone played enough yet to get an idea how it is? I'm really looking forward to this game (mostly for the SP), so if the MP is good that'll just make it better.

I never played the first one (I'll rectify that soon though, my birthday is coming up). But, was there multiplayer in the first one?

No multiplayer in the first game. I'm at level 10 now in the beta and I'm having a blast. The game feels great, looks great, and runs smooth. 3 player co-op is fun, especially if you're playing with people you know. And it's awesome that this game has a fully functional party/invite system from the start (I'm looking at you Killzone!).

No multiplayer in the first game. I'm at level 10 now in the beta and I'm having a blast. The game feels great, looks great, and runs smooth. 3 player co-op is fun, especially if you're playing with people you know. And it's awesome that this game has a fully functional party/invite system from the start (I'm looking at you Killzone!).

:D

If it holds up as a competent multiplayer and co-op addon this game should deliver in the truckload later this year.

How does it look compared to the SP footage we seen yesterday, slight downgrade? Cause the SP footage looks ridiculous, Naughty Dog need to send out the troops to help other PS3 devs! :laugh:

Wish I was in the beta but I can't really justify buying inFamous, especially when Prototype may well be better.

I'd be interested to see some footage of the MP beta though, (other than what's already available that is) because it looks like its going to be awesome! :)

Edited by ziadoz

:D

If it holds up as a competent multiplayer and co-op addon this game should deliver in the truckload later this year.

How does it look compared to the SP footage we seen yesterday, slight downgrade? Cause the SP footage looks ridiculous, Naughty Dog need to send out the troops to help other PS3 devs! :laugh:

I actually haven't seen the Uncharted 2 footage from yesterday, but this looks at least as good as the first Uncharted.

I was able to play for half an hour last night before bed. It's so much fun, there's amazing detail in animations, weapons, interactivity with the environment, and the game feels really polished. There's a lot of aliasing though which is a bit distracting but not enough to prevent me from purchasing it when it's released.

This getting ridiculous AB, just realized we have like 3 topics going on at once here for Uncharted 2.

2 topics, one for E3 Media, one for the beta, nothing wrong with that!

Beta chat is going to be about you guys playing together, E3 media is for everyone to see what Uncharted 2 looks like.

edit: You edited, brushing up those counting skills? :p

I don't see the new to have them all split up. The beta is part of Sony's E3 media.

Like I said though, nevermind. Technically 3 topics involving Uncharted 2 when it was inc with the inFamous topic.

Maybe 4 if you count official E3 topic :p

I like it. :) Game feels pretty good.

I was playing with $n!pR and he found a glitch. He told me he made a video of it, not sure if he is going to post it

Nice glitch.

I am really glad to see them doing a MP beta this early before release, shows they are really dedicated to getting it right...

Is this Beta just like all other PSN stuff, meaning can I share it with 4 other people if I chose to do so?

I just started playing the beta, and I have to say its pretty damn fun!

Matchaking is slow though, I need some of you guys on my friend list so I can party up and make this all easier.

I just started playing the beta, and I have to say its pretty damn fun!

Matchaking is slow though, I need some of you guys on my friend list so I can party up and make this all easier.

Add me KoL028. I'll be playing tonight.