Is Longhorn usable?

simply just post the name of the hardware.. listed in the device manager or the name (model number) of the laptop and we can point you to updated drivers anways. HP includes those and that's why you can't really extract.. what you could do tho is from the device manager you can click DRIVER DETAILS button on the driver tab (properties of the sound card) and see which files it's using then search for em one by one and save a copy of em elsewhere

if u wanna run games as fast as u can do it.. install lh and play games.. just remember to end task explorer b4 it keeps trying to do it for you

well.. here is screenshot of my explorer.exe with sidebar on.. look how much ram !

now its up to 115mb

Disable the sidebar, theres an issue with explorer and the sidebar, probably because of the new taskbar being forced on with the sidebar..

*me uses Longhorn 4008 because of the memory leak in 4015. Plus i like the old taskbar and want to be able to use it WITH sidebar (its the new taskbar that causes the leak)

You can use it daily but it is very very slow and ugly... sorry to burst your bubble :(

Hey, I love using Longhorn, its not slow or ugly to me; but everyone is entitled to their own opinion

You cant use longhorn for long or as ur main OS even if you wanted to. 4015 has a 14 day activation limit on it. Anyone know of a way around this?

You cant use longhorn for long or as ur main OS even if you wanted to. 4015 has a 14 day activation limit on it. Anyone know of a way around this?

Yeah theres a way around it. Get a key and activate it :rolleyes:

well i think it looks great but if u wanna use it it is crap

sure it looks good but it aint beta yet and beta's are already buggy like what i shouldt use it for using just to show:)

i am stil wondering u can do that thing that was on neowin latly u know that visual effects of longhorn

there are a few :ninja:

sure it looks good but it aint beta yet and beta's are already buggy like what i shouldt use it for using just to show:)

i am stil wondering u can do that thing that was on neowin latly u know that visual effects of longhorn

:blink: :wacko: