Christian Man Raped, Murdered for Refusing to Convert to Islam

An atheist killed a man the other week. I guess all atheists are killers.

Did he do it because the one guy wouldn't renounce his faith and declare himself an atheist? If not, then it really isn't comparable, is it?

...having read about it's history....

Orly, you mean the history of muslim religious opression and conversion by the blades of their swords? It's rather obvious that this killing was motivated by these murdurer's religious beliefs. I live in LA and we hear about plenty of gang crime. But in this case if the dude was ready to marry the sister, any gang would let him go.

Liberal brainwashing. That's what I see here.

Organized religion as a whole just scares me because it makes people do things that they wild never normally do.

I challenge any of you to show me any proof whatsoever that "God" exists other than what some preacher or pastor has shoved down your throat? People say they do things because God tells them, they say God spoke to them; I do things because they are good, and right, and I do them because that is what separates me from the lower forms of life on this planet.

Things like this make me laugh, islam is so against homosexuals that will go as far as murdering them yet they will sexually abuse another man in the name of islam and its ok?

Sounds like a load of latent homosexuals to me.

A buddy of mine went to Iraq to do his tour. He said guys over there preform oral sex and other sexual acts on each other and act like it's not gay. What a moronic society, "We'll KILL YOU if you're gay, but I'm gonna go stick that penis in my mouth and or hand." - Some Islamic dude.

Organized religion as a whole just scares me because it makes people do things that they wild never normally do.

I challenge any of you to show me any proof whatsoever that "God" exists other than what some preacher or pastor has shoved down your throat? People say they do things because God tells them, they say God spoke to them; I do things because they are good, and right, and I do them because that is what separates me from the lower forms of life on this planet.

that's a pretty weak counter though. You've never seen air but you know it exists. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've never seen Jupiter, Uranus, or Pluto..but you know they exist because some science teacher shoved that down your throat. Just necause it's not something that you can physically grasp in your hands at that exact moment doesn't mean something doesn't exist.

A buddy of mine went to Iraq to do his tour. He said guys over there preform oral sex and other sexual acts on each other and act like it's not gay. What a moronic society, "We'll KILL YOU if you're gay, but I'm gonna go stick that penis in my mouth and or hand." - Some Islamic dude.

not saying it's right but alot of cultures consider the "bottom" the gay person and the "top" a non-gay person. As long as a guy maintains the "male" role then in alot of cultures he isn't considered gay. again not saying it's right just what it is.

..not saying it's right but alot of cultures consider the "bottom" the gay person and the "top" a non-gay person. As long as a guy maintains the "male" role then in alot of cultures he isn't considered gay. again not saying it's right just what it is.

That's quite odd. You're not gay if you (male) **** a man in his ass or mouth, just if you're the one getting stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. Hummmmmm. So what about oral sex? Two guys in a 69? Both gay, or both not? Bi-curious?

that's a pretty weak counter though. You've never seen air but you know it exists. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've never seen Jupiter, Uranus, or Pluto..but you know they exist because some science teacher shoved that down your throat. Just necause it's not something that you can physically grasp in your hands at that exact moment doesn't mean something doesn't exist.

Both of your points are comparing science versus religion, which somewhat negates the argument. My point is that air is real and has been proven by the fact that I have been alive for 35 years. Uranus, Pluto and Jupiter are real, we prove this every day via telescopes, orbiters and space probes. A science teacher didn't have to shove it down my throat. We know many things in life and they have been proven time and time again.

Someone saying that God exists is based off their feelings, thoughts and life experiences. That's like me saying that some mythical creature that you have never heard of exists because he/she/they speak to me or have appeared to me in a piece of toast.

That latter statement is what drives me crazy. People blowing up buildings, hotels and buses are doing it for Allah, what kind of God would ask people to kill for him, it goes against the basic structure of life. People in Islam believe that a man named Muhammad was the second coming or a messenger of God, when all he really did was invent a religion that people still bow down to and believe in to this day. Being a prophet does not mean you are the second coming or a descendant of God, it just means that you had a really good sales pitch that enough people bought, so much that they still follow the Qur'an to this day.

People getting ****ed off and killing people over their religious beliefs just shows you how totally infantile this whole thing is. "I am going to kill you because you do not believe in the same non-existent deity that I do". Perfect.

If you break it down the core structure of it all, many people follow an organized religion either because they have been raised from birth being told that they have to, or they go on to develop something so emotionally lacking they they look for it in a following that welcomes you with open arms time and time again.

In summary, air and planets exists because they have been proven, God does not exist just because people say he does.

In summary, air and planets exists because they have been proven, God does not exist just because people say he does.

Easy to counter your argument.

God is not fake just because you say so. You can't prove or disprove the existence of God. That's why there's a thing called faith. You know, that thing you gotta have. Got to have faith. Got to have faith faith faith, oh I got to have faith faith faith. BABY!

You know, the older I get the less I believe in God. According to my very Christian wife and mother, that's exactly what the devil wants me to think. I guess that's neither here or there. So I am not defending God.

However, there are lots of things that exist that we only have people's word for. Things in nature like dark matter, or black holes or antimatter....I have to take someone else's word that they exist. Things like thoughts exist (for most of us. After reading some of the clueless posts here I don't think everyone has them.). You can't see them or touch them, though. I've never been able to describe the color blue to a man blind from birth. He thinks I'm pulling his legs about color. He takes our word that colors exist but he doesn't really believe in them.

A few years ago people would have laughed at things we now take for granted. 50 years ago talking through the air on a phone was thought impossible. Just because we aren't advanced enough to prove or disprove God doesn't really mean much either way.

What they do in their own country is fine.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people with guns. Likewise with religion. When an ignorant moron gets his hands on a weapon, a gun or a religious book, bad things are bound to come from it.

Lawl just like a song I know. Guns don't kill ducklings, ducklings kill ducklings :p

I think its actually

Guns dont kill people, bullets kill people

you can use a bullet without a gun you know!

but on topic: extremist make up under .5% of the religion so dont say all Muslims are terrorist or some ****

guess what a lot of people in the IRA are Catholic if I recall so I guess all Catholics are terrorists

almost any terrorist group has a religion to it so im not sure why every only says its Islam

Orly, you mean the history of muslim religious opression and conversion by the blades of their swords? It's rather obvious that this killing was motivated by these murdurer's religious beliefs. I live in LA and we hear about plenty of gang crime. But in this case if the dude was ready to marry the sister, any gang would let him go.

Liberal brainwashing. That's what I see here.

Conversion (to any religion) at the point of a weapon is wrong *and* heretical (not just on the part of the convertee, but those wielding the weapon). There is nothing in the Bible, Torah, *or* the Koran authorizing *or* defending the practice. (Note that even the KJV Old Testament, in which God had specifically authorized retributyional slaughter, never authorized forced conversion, not even of Rahab.)

You know, the older I get the less I believe in God. According to my very Christian wife and mother, that's exactly what the devil wants me to think. I guess that's neither here or there. So I am not defending God.

However, there are lots of things that exist that we only have people's word for. Things in nature like dark matter, or black holes or antimatter....I have to take someone else's word that they exist. Things like thoughts exist (for most of us. After reading some of the clueless posts here I don't think everyone has them.). You can't see them or touch them, though. I've never been able to describe the color blue to a man blind from birth. He thinks I'm pulling his legs about color. He takes our word that colors exist but he doesn't really believe in them.

A few years ago people would have laughed at things we now take for granted. 50 years ago talking through the air on a phone was thought impossible. Just because we aren't advanced enough to prove or disprove God doesn't really mean much either way.

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, and thank you for a mature posting about this mess. Perhaps my perspective on this is best summed up in that I have never seen, felt or experienced anything whatsoever that would make me there is a God. At the same time, I am very happy and content person in my life, so it doesn't really impact me whatsoever, unless a Jehovah's witness comes knocking at my door and packing heat while at the same time handing me a flyer :)

The country still has blasphemy laws on the books that forbid saying or writing anything against Islam or the Koran. Punishment can include death.

Blasphemy laws?

So if I say: I hate Islam, and the Koran is just full of S H I T, and down with them, as they are wrong, and should be damned to hell.

Would that be counted as blasphemy? Because I am not dead (?) And I expect that Islams should thank me for being so open. Actually I demand they thank me :D

Right. People like you. How the hell do you think I haven't voiced by opinion or used any platform against the extremists? Are you out of your mind? We're already supporting our troops against the extremists on all fronts. We have been trying to help the effected people in those areas to move them away from the war. We've been running campaigns to tell the people that what the extremists do and say isn't correct. There's a lot going on here against extremists and just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that 'people like us' aren't acting against it.

And Sharia is not extremism. You don't even know what it is.

The Sharia is religious law, 2 things you do not mix in my book, and enough for me to oppose to it. Lets not even talk about the content shall we.

I am a new Muslim and I know that a Muslim is not permitted to instill fear in to another (definition of "terrorism"). If a Muslim does, then by the very nature of the religion he/she is no longer classed as a "Muslim". So please stop called it a "Muslim Terrorist" as that is a contradiction and is highly offensive. You would never dare to say "Jewish Nazi" would you?

And as for the original story; since it's being distributed by the reputable and unbiased Fox news, it has to be true!

Wake up people and smell the media mind control.

I thought that all religions work off fear

I'm pretty sure that's how religions came about in the first place, basically it's scary to die for most of us.

Knowing that you are going somewhere else (or even better) makes it not so hard to die.

Generally religions are just fear and ignorance, and thankfully they have beeen on the decline (in percentage) for some time now :)

Thankfully we are not governed by christian law any longer, otherwise they'd still be burning witches at the stake!

Regarding someone got raped and murdered, possibly screaming out that they love Jesus during his torture

I don't doubt that this barbaric land would do such a thing, even if Islams state that this is terrorist activity.

It's not terrorists, it's just religion, and seems to be especially backward with Islam and the Middle East.

I agree, and I'm glad you have the right idea now as well :)

People should be Athiest Agnostic

Please read about that here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

It is the only right option for everyone

Sounds to me like he was questioning/mocking you, smart guy. Besides, what you're doing is no different than any other religious fanatic.

I thought that all religions work off fear

I'm pretty sure that's how religions came about in the first place, basically it's scary to die for most of us.

Knowing that you are going somewhere else (or even better) makes it not so hard to die.

Generally religions are just fear and ignorance, and thankfully they have beeen on the decline (in percentage) for some time now :)

Thankfully we are not governed by christian law any longer, otherwise they'd still be burning witches at the stake!

Regarding someone got raped and murdered, possibly screaming out that they love Jesus during his torture

I don't doubt that this barbaric land would do such a thing, even if Islams state that this is terrorist activity.

It's not terrorists, it's just religion, and seems to be especially backward with Islam and the Middle East.

again, what's with the witches at the stakes? Djeezes, move on, let's talk 21st century shall we. It's not christians who are still chopping off people's hands, or stoning them, or circumsizing girls.

And still people think that saying" well that's not real Islam" is enough. There are Christian extremists, who believe the bible is the only way and there are muslim extremists who believe blowing up the west is the only way, inflicting heart and spreading fear to submit people is the only way.

I don't say a reliious fanatic isn't a christian, I say he's a problem, a nutbag that should be dealt with, but he's still a christian because he interprets the bible in a very very strict way. Same goes with muslim extremists, they interpret the sharia in a very strict way; but they're still muslims. Just not very nice muslims.

I've never been able to describe the color blue to a man blind from birth. He thinks I'm pulling his legs about color. He takes our word that colors exist but he doesn't really believe in them.

here's something that will seperate science from religion....

say that the blind man keeps a blue-coloured object, and another object of a different colour... he cant see them, but he can feel them in his hands, etc... now if he knows from you telling him that one of the objects is blue, and he goes to different people and holds out the object in front of him, and they consistently say that object its blue, while the other object isnt, that is something that religion cant match

Oh that was discussed by Einstein or someone?

It was found that we are real, and certain things such as the moon and the sun do exist

I note that colour must also exist even to a blind man from birth

But religion stretches the mind too far, it is more likely that none of them are correct, this is also compounded by the fact that there are so many difference of opinions (different religions)

I'm not saying that its impossible (as nothing is impossible, I wish the man in the story realized that) but its just highly improbable, so much so that it's more than likely false, hence Athiest Agnostic, as I linked to the definition above.

Blind faith in religion is not the problem. The problem is that religious people are not open to the fact that its likely incorrect. Thank god (excuse the pun) for people such as me, ideally the world would be better if all realized this basic knowledge. :)

Oh that was discussed by Einstein or someone?

It was found that we are real, and certain things such as the moon and the sun do exist

I note that colour must also exist even to a blind man from birth

yup i fully agree

100th reply FTW!!