Windows 7 Pricing Announced

Yes: https://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/06/25/n...ption-in-the-eu

Full versions of Windows 7 will be at their equivalent upgrade prices in the EU. Also, you can pre-order Windows 7 Home Premium for ?49.99/?49.99* and Windows 7 Professional for ?99.99/?109.99*.

* ? in UK and ? in France/Germany.

Just want to get this straight;

Nomatter if we get the Vista + Win 7 Voucher or if we get Win 7 on release, both versions are going to be without IE?

Nomatter if we get the Vista + Win 7 Voucher or if we get Win 7 on release, both versions are going to be without IE?

Yep. Talk about messing around.

Yep. Talk about messing around.

Don't suppose you know, but all the places where i see "Upgrade voucher" mentioned the license is OEM, any idea why?

Unfortunately, Microsoft plans on shipping Windows 7 without Internet Explorer 8 installed in Europe.

Let me ask one thing, because in all the news I've read about Win7 I've never seen it asked. Why is it that only people who buy computers now with WinV on them get a discount toward Win7 but those of us who bought WinV not that long ago will have to pay full price for Win7, that doesn't seem fair at all!

Frick that's expensive, I'll just stick to my university's MSDNAA ;) Can't beat free

I'll remember to laugh hard at you one day when you're complaining about the price of software.