A linux Site

How many are interested in visiting a site similar to neowin.net but this one being a linux dedicated site.  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

archish

What your Opinion, is there enough community to view linux sites?

karim2k

Just count the hair in your head , you'll know :ninja:

DarkLordSouron

i like to

Daem0hn

does anyone want to help set one up, if there are enough people interested then count me in

mallow

I would love to help! I have actually been thinking about this lately. If we could get a few people working to help, it could be better :)

Mallinanga

i'm in! :yes:

- edit : or at least i could host it on my domain ;)

Big Booger

SOunds good to me. I think there is enough support for it. Linux ROCKS!

pmh

I know it putting the horse infront of the carrage but i could me a mod. i got lots of time on my hands.

mallow

I'm thinking we should write tutorials on how to do things like setup a webserver, setup a desktop, then how do to stuff like compile mysql upgrades, etc. This could be rather fun actually :)

Daem0hn

yeh, maybe oneday its awesomeness could be comparable to neowins :D

whats your domain mallinanga? ???

i agree with mallow we could write tutorials on a number of things, we could probubly use the phpBB opensource forums if mallinanga?'s domain has mysql and php support

Daem0hn

ive been reading up on the forums, we could use the IPS board, the unlimited trial, but you have to pay for plugins and support is limited

mallow

I own http://www.mallowweb.com

PHP, mySQL, etc.

I plan on re-installing PHP-Nuke to get this started, unless someone who wants to help is good with webdesign. But I think PHP-Nuke will make things easier for us.

I WANT to get somewhere with this.

Daem0hn

yeh, i think php nuke will b good, what os is is hosted on?

ryanjbonnell

i'd be happy to help out as much as i can . . .

Daem0hn

wow, i must say that i am overwhelmed with the support people are giving, this thread has been open for about 1 day, and there are offerings of hosting, webdesign, i must hand it to the neowin community :yes: top stuff :D

Garry

Yeah, I don't mind helping out with the setting up of servers, php, mysql, apache whatever. I can design too if you need someone. Although I'd be crap with the actual Linux side of it :)

Another Mac site anyone? www.neomac.com? :)

nicedreams

HELL YA! DO IT!

Or get NeoBond to hook up with a Linux Only section like with the games and software section.

Big Booger

So what would the site be called NeoLIN? :D

Who would run the show? What would be included on the site? Downloads? Wallpapers? Guides? Tools? Chat? Forum?

What flavors of Linux would be supported? Who is going to host the site? Mallinanga's subdomain offer looks nice. I am up for it.. am an admin at another site, but I don't mind helping with this venture if it takes off.

:D

I noticed there aren't many linux forums out there... :D with this it might become real popular with the Linux crowd.

nicedreams

I don't think we could or should use Neowin's name or any part of it without NeoBond saying so. Too many people wanting to clone Neowin without Neowin's support...

rezza
I don't think we could or should use Neowin's name or any part of it without NeoBond saying so. Too many people wanting to clone Neowin without Neowin's support...

agreed. Neowin is nice and all, but lets just leave neowin to be neowin, and not try to feed off the neowin name. This venture should have its own identity... and sounds very interesting.

Big Booger

it was just a thought..

techquilla

we could call it neowinux..... no, im JK^^..., the name is not as important as the actual content

i want to help as well, i can help design the webpage...^^

Daem0hn

i think that there should be: forums, LEGAL downloads (ie no ripped music or illegal software), tutorials, ability for people to upload tutorials, i think that if we are going to give this a shot, it should be for all distrobutions of linux, as although one of us may be good at redhat, and know jack about debian, we dont want to turn it into a biased community, we should leave it open