A linux Site

How many are interested in visiting a site similar to neowin.net but this one being a linux dedicated site.  

88 members have voted

1. 1. How many are interested in visiting a site similar to neowin.net but this one being a linux dedicated site.

• I would love to.
    • No.....Linux is still needs to reach the masses
    • What's linux?

A Linux site is a good idea. The more Linux sites that there are the better. Try to get it hosted with a service that uses Linux or have it on your own Linux server.

PM me if you could use my help with something.

Edited by dmd3x

i would offer to host it on my linux box, but its not a static ip (it changes every month), so that prolly wound be very good

metting up on an irc channel would be good, but, i dont know how to use it :blush:

metting up on an irc channel would be good, but, i dont know how to use it :blush:

I too dont know IRC that well but I can chat on it, if you are using windows then use mIRC, its the easiest IRC client and i use it too. :)

you can download it at:

http://www.mirc.com/

In linux there is an IRC client.

yeh, i think php nuke will b good, what os is is hosted on?

Anyone have an extra copy of VirtuaNews lying around. ;)

The site sounds like a good idea though.

i'm going to write the portal system myself. what's the point in starting a new site if it uses the same stuff as everyone else's site?

you guys gotta ask yourself what you can offer that sites such as linuxquestions.org and many others don't, once you figure that out, you will succeed.