[vs] Classix 10k 2.0

I can understand the reaction of some members when there's criticism, especially some as blunt as what was but you only added fuel to the fire, please just pm a mod or something like someone had the sense to. Criticism is of course welcome, but there's a way to get your point across without resorting to all out disrespect. I really hope I don't have to do this again...

I can understand the reaction of some members when there's criticism, especially some as blunt as what was but you only added fuel to the fire, please just pm a mod or something like someone had the sense to. Criticism is of course welcome, but there's a way to get your point across without resorting to all out disrespect. I really hope I don't have to do this again...

thanks for your words dazzla

That was truly stupid to delete all the posts, maybe people can learn something. Whatever, that kind of sucks that you have to hide real life just to show other users that there's no arguements/discussion on Neowin. Whatever.

Just way to many problems to be a final release,heres 3.

-right hand panel of start menu shows niether a highlite or font color change.

-when using internet explorer,favorite highlites show as white,which looks washed out.

-background/menu/btnhighlite color needs to be default white,as having custom color makes web pages that use white look poor.

might be time to put this theme to bed,and start working on something new?

Just way to many problems to be a final release,heres 3.

-right hand panel of start menu shows niether a highlite or font color change.

-when using internet explorer,favorite highlites show as white,which looks washed out.

-background/menu/btnhighlite color needs to be default white,as having custom color makes web pages that use white look poor.

might be time to put this theme to bed,and start working on something new?

Maybe I'm just blind or something or probably it's where I'm not a fellow theme maker but I love this theme just the way it is and I think it OWNZ as a theme.

That was truly stupid to delete all the posts, maybe people can learn something. Whatever, that kind of sucks that you have to hide real life just to show other users that there's no arguements/discussion on Neowin. Whatever.

It's not the first time......

I didn't read what was deleted, but I think a mod should warn people if they are going too far and maybe a temporary ban if they don't stop.... but deleting posts is just wrong.

We live in a free world and we are allowed to write down our opinions, deleting peoples post because they don't always give a positive reaction on something sounds like censorship to me.

Again, I couldn't read the posts (because I was asleep :sleep: ), so I don't know what was written and can't really form an opinion on this one. I do know the last time Dazzla removed post from the other Classix 10k thread it was all a big fuss about nothing, I absolutely didn't agree with his action that time.

Mods, please take it easy, let people give their opinion and warn them when they go too far, but stop deleting posts.... it's pretty pointless.

I know this is totally off-topic, so if you like to delete it.... be my guest, you would only prove my point.

Btw, something on-topic... the style looks very nice again!!! :)

Oh and it didn't melt in my mouth :angry: ..... it only made my screen dirty....

Edited by Schmoove

...We live in a free world and we are allowed to write down our opinions...

Maybe. But this is Neowin's board. They can run it as they see fit.

Incredible job on the VS guys! One of the all time greatest keeps getting better. Thank you for all the work you've put into it.

Maybe.  But this is Neowin's board.  They can run it as they see fit.

Sure it's their choice..... but not everyone has to agree with it.

Anyways, I'll shutup now....

will someone good engough will do a mod with a NORMAL start panel plzzzzzzzzz i love this theme but dont use it only for start panel, still using classix old not final...i want big icons, text, user picture, user name :D too much i think bah anyway nice work giga and saint dark!

Iv used Classix since the first one now, but have never used any of the "Shells" in the godies folder. I have absolutly no idea what they do. Could someone explain? And how do I go about using them?

Tom

Which one of the goodies (extras) are you referring to? All of them? Just type the folder name in google & you'll find out (i.e., samurize, yzdock, etc.). They're basically matching classix10k skins for those applications.

I did actually say.................... the Shells, as in Shell.dll

Those are replacements for the shell32.dll found in your Windows System folder. Replacing this file can have numerous effects on your system, however these, as far as I am aware, only change most of the system icons in Windows.

It's not the first time......

I didn't read what was deleted, but I think a mod should warn people if they are going too far and maybe a temporary ban if they don't stop.... but deleting posts is just wrong.

We live in a free world and we are allowed to write down our opinions, deleting peoples post because they don't always give a positive reaction on something sounds like censorship to me.

Again, I couldn't read the posts (because I was asleep :sleep: ), so I don't know what was written and can't really form an opinion on this one. I do know the last time Dazzla removed post from the other Classix 10k thread it was all a big fuss about nothing, I absolutely didn't agree with his action that time.

Mods, please take it easy, let people give their opinion and warn them when they go too far, but stop deleting posts.... it's pretty pointless.

I know this is totally off-topic, so if you like to delete it.... be my guest, you would only prove my point.

Btw, something on-topic... the style looks very nice again!!! :)

Oh and it didn't melt in my mouth :angry: ..... it only made my screen dirty....

Neowin requires that members respect the decision of moderators. Threads and posts questioning the actions or decisions of forum moderations will be deleted on sight, and the appropriate action taken (up to and including forum bans) against the thread starter and/or participants. However, as a member you reserve the right to PM any moderator or administrator regarding action taken at Neowin.
I didn't read what was deleted

So don't pass comment. This thread is for discussing the theme, criticising it, whatever and the only posts I deleted were the posts from other members telling proph he was an ass/idiot/lamer/etc for flaming again, prophs post remains, although not as it originally was.

There's a difference between an opinion and expressing it in a helpful critical way and having an opinion and expressing it by all out bad mouthing the theme creator.

If anyone else wants to discuss it, PM me, don't post in this thread, this is for Classix 10k 2.

Those are replacements for the shell32.dll found in your Windows System folder. Replacing this file can have numerous effects on your system, however these, as far as I am aware, only change most of the system icons in Windows.

Iv looked in my Windows > System folder and I cant find a "shellstyle.dll" file anywhere :(

Am I looking in the right place?

Tom

I change my themes like 4 times a day .. and it always ends up with this again ... wonderful theme ... I think this is my fav behind sapphire :p old, but still beautiful! question: where can i get samurize?